I haven't been able to figure this out since I've been using both Chrome and the default Internet in both my Samsung S3 and Note 4.

I keep getting these darned nudges constantly. I'd like to assign either Chrome or the Internet as a default, but both will come up when I click on a link and then I will have to click on "Always" or "Just once" and then am prompted to "Clear Defaults" and the instructions aren't specific as to what I have to clear.

Now that I have Lollipop all of a sudden, while trying to access a Facebook post via an email link I am asked to choose a "Home".

Confusion about Clear Default Operations-choice-screenshots.jpg

How do a streamline access so I don't have to click through so many settings to get to a linked website?
    04-07-2015 04:00 PM
    I'd like to assign either Chrome or the Internet as a default, but both will come up when I click on a link and then I will have to click on "Always" or "Just once" and then am prompted to "Clear Defaults" and the instructions aren't specific as to what I have to clear.
    When you select a default and make it "Always," the subsequent message is only a reminder to you about how to clear that default in the future, in case you want to clear it. It's not telling you that you have to clear the default right away, because that just undoes what you just did.

I don't have an answer about the Select a Home App issue.
    04-08-2015 02:47 AM
    I would be happy if choosing "always" would mean that the next time I click on a link the "always" choice I made was the only one that came up, but that isn't the case - more often than not two or more choices come up and I have to go through the choose one, tap "always" and then get rid of the "reset defaults" prompt.

Very convoluted and wasteful process.
    04-08-2015 12:38 PM
    Yeah, I'm not sure why that happens sometimes. Always should mean always, and you shouldn't be prompted to choose again. But I also wanted to make sure you weren't immediately clearing defaults after selecting a default, since others have mistaken that informational message as an instruction to clear defaults right away (which obviously doesn't make much sense).
    04-08-2015 12:52 PM
    I do appreciate your mentioning about not clearing the defaults, because that's exactly what I was doing! thank you.

I think this situation is something they should straighten out in the operating system.

Yeah, I'm not sure why that happens sometimes. Always should mean always, and you shouldn't be prompted to choose again. But I also wanted to make sure you weren't immediately clearing defaults after selecting a default, since others have mistaken that informational message as an instruction to clear defaults right away (which obviously doesn't make much sense).
    04-08-2015 01:17 PM