08-03-2015 10:26 AM
142 12345 ...
tools
    I took it to Samsung store at the mall today and the girl said she's had 20 or 30 people come in and complain about battery life. She did something to my phone like flash it or something and didn't help

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-09-2015 08:07 PM
    My battery life is great.

bassplayrguy likes this.
    04-10-2015 08:47 AM
    My Lollipopped Note 4's battery life seems just as good, if not better, as when it was KitKatted. No Lollipop complaints from me ...and that surprised me.

πŸ”Šfrom the n.3 Monolith 🎧
    04-10-2015 09:56 AM
    I took it to Samsung store at the mall today and the girl said she's had 20 or 30 people come in and complain about battery life. She did something to my phone like flash it or something and didn't help

Have you done a factory reset?
    04-10-2015 11:49 AM
    Have you done a factory reset?
    Unfortunately I have read many places where all the "issues" with an update seem to be remedied with a factory reset. I hate them personally, I never get it back to the way I had it w/o tons of work. I always miss something. I wish there was a way to back up everything with a simple backup. I want game progress, notes, settings, layouts, text messages, and anything else I forgot
    04-10-2015 12:34 PM
    Like wtf

You looking for a new clan? we need some fresh members who like to go to war, donate, and have fun
    04-10-2015 12:35 PM
    You looking for a new clan? we need some fresh members who like to go to war, donate, and have fun
    Lol thanks I'm in a clan already but thanks

04-10-2015 01:12 PM
    You know you can always take one of your fingers and swipe the notification away immediately right?
    Yes I understand but why do I have to swipe the notification off the screen every 10 seconds

04-10-2015 01:15 PM
    I can't even deal with this crap anymore. I deleting my account here. Have a nice day.
    I hope you don't. there are those of us who believe that complaints like yours are what pushes evolution, so to speak...

My father actually used to tell me that all innovation was driven by unreasonable requests from unreasonable people...

If people did not insist on being able to fly, for example, the airplane would never have been invented! :-)

If everyone was completely happy with everything that came out there would be no reason to improve. Personally, I love lollipop, but I respect your right to hate it!

04-10-2015 03:12 PM
    It's been a week since I did a factory reset as I was getting poor battery life on the Lollipop upgrade. I gave it a week to "settle in" so to speak. Sadly, the battery life didn't change in the ensuing week. It's not terribly difficult for me as I work at a desk and just set it on my Qi charger when I sit down. But, on weekends when I'm not near a charger it nosedives. Fortunately, I carry a spare battery. I seldom used the spare battery before Lollipop but use it now.
    04-10-2015 03:40 PM
    It's been a week since I did a factory reset as I was getting poor battery life on the Lollipop upgrade. I gave it a week to "settle in" so to speak. Sadly, the battery life didn't change in the ensuing week. It's not terribly difficult for me as I work at a desk and just set it on my Qi charger when I sit down. But, on weekends when I'm not near a charger it nosedives. Fortunately, I carry a spare battery. I seldom used the spare battery before Lollipop but use it now.
    My battery life was good, but seems better... It might(?) be a particular app, whose settings you may have changed? Anyway, one way you might be able to tell is with an app like Advanced Task manager pro, that has a "CPU Lagging Monitor" setting for apps that stay on too long in the background and drain your battery. just a thought...
    04-10-2015 06:03 PM
    I hope you don't. there are those of us who believe that complaints like yours are what pushes evolution, so to speak...

My father actually used to tell me that all innovation was driven by unreasonable requests from unreasonable people...

If people did not insist on being able to fly, for example, the airplane would never have been invented! :-)

If everyone was completely happy with everything that came out there would be no reason to improve. Personally, I love lollipop, but I respect your right to hate it!

This guy just wanted to ***** and be a jerk. People told him stuff to try, and he refused to even look, and then even blamed people for helping because he never asked for it.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-11-2015 10:27 PM
    I've had an Android phone since 2009 among others so don't start any garbage with me about learning Android. Turning off notifications is not gonna fly for me. The notification systen is horrible in 5.0. Disgustingly horrible. This is my opinion. You want to start calling people 5 year olds, get the hell out of here. Have a great day.
    waaaaaaa, TAKE YOUR BALL AND GO HOME!!!! Just because you had a droid for 6 years doesn't mean you know anything about it
    04-12-2015 10:24 AM
    My Lollipopped Note 4's battery life seems just as good, if not better, as when it was KitKatted. No Lollipop complaints from me ...and that surprised me.

from the n.3 Monolith
    Dido.... 10 days on lollipop (telus) and 36 hrs battery, no lag and great system.to get that

battery life: auto dim, 15s screen timeout, power saving mode (not ultra), vibrate only, led off.

I'm always by a charger so don't use these setting religiously, but when i need extended battery i do it.
    04-12-2015 10:30 AM
    Lol I don't understand why my text msg are now not a priority and my twitter notifications are now. In KK my text messages always stayed on the lock screen no matter what now I have to unlock my phone to see that I have a text. If more twitter notifications come in the text msging icon will dissappear completely. I understand I can turn off twitter notifications but it's just not an option for me. In KK they would just appear in the status bar and I could read the twitter notifications while I'm typing or reading something now a huge pop up screen comes up and covers 1/4 of the screen so I have to stop whatever I'm doing.

You must not know that you can set different apps to have priority notifications. So no matter what other notifications you get the ones set for priority will stay at the top.
    04-12-2015 02:07 PM
    Here's a post I made in another thread about the SGN4 and Lollipop.

I'M ONE OF THEM. I have a 2 month old Samsung Galaxy Note 4 that worked just fine, but after letting Lollipop 5.0 install on it, I'm eating up battery more than twice as fast. Now my 4G and 'bars' stay lit up on the phone even when I'm on WIFI at home or work, which is where I'm assuming the drain is occurring. This bug occured on my SGN2, but when I killed a Verizon app called "caller name id", it fixed things. I've killed it on my SGN4 and the "voice mail" app which constantly wants to tell ME that I've had activity {even when I'm just checking my voice mail}. Killing these have not put the issue to bed like it did on the SGN2.

There's also a bug with capitalization of sentences after the first sentence regardless if I'm using email or text and dictating by voice. If I type, the additional sentences capitalize correctly. It's only happening when using voice. Then again, if I say "new line" and the cursor moves down to a 'new line', THAT sentence capitalizes correctly. There may be other issues, but these two tick me off specifically.

Yes. Since putting in Lollipop 5.0, I'm having massive battery drain for only having a 2 month old device.
    04-12-2015 07:17 PM
    I let Lollipop install on my Nexus 7, hated it, and went through the hassle to get back to KitKat. I'm now ignoring the Lollipop update notification on my Tab S, which is what I plan to do when the update hits my GN4.

I'm wondering if there has ever been a prior version of Android that elicited so many "This version sucks!" reactions. There sure have been a lot of them with 5.x. Is Google listening? I think they screwed up with Lollipop (like MS did with Windows Vista, or 8). I hope they are paying attention to user feedback.
    04-12-2015 07:54 PM
    I let Lollipop install on my Nexus 7, hated it, and went through the hassle to get back to KitKat. I'm now ignoring the Lollipop update notification on my Tab S, which is what I plan to do when the update hits my GN4.

I'm wondering if there has ever been a prior version of Android that elicited so many "This version sucks!" reactions. There sure have been a lot of them with 5.x. Is Google listening? I think they screwed up with Lollipop (like MS did with Windows Vista, or 8). I hope they are paying attention to user feedback.
    They are as fixes for Lollipop are being issued for various versions.

Upgraded my S5 with a few issues to Lollipop which were sorted out by a few updates and a factory reset. Upgraded my Note4 with no problems whatsoever.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-13-2015 12:19 AM
    They are as fixes for Lollipop are being issued for various versions.

Upgraded my S5 with a few issues to Lollipop which were shirted out by a few updates abs a factory reset. Upgraded my Note4 with no problems whatsoever.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.
    I'm curious if your Note 4 displays both Wifi and the 4G with bars at the same time when on Wifi or not. Mine didn't before the upgrade, and now it does and eats battery like crazy. My old Note 2 did this after one particular OS update, and after killing an APP, it resolved in the Note 2. I can't seem to get that to happen with the 4.
    04-13-2015 04:17 AM
    I'm curious if your Note 4 displays both Wifi and the 4G with bars at the same time when on Wifi or not. Mine didn't before the upgrade, and now it does and eats battery like crazy. My old Note 2 did this after one particular OS update, and after. killing an APP, it resolved in the Note 2. I can't seem to get that to happen with the 4.
    Do you have the Verizon note 4? If so the reason you see 4G along with wifi is because the 5.0.1 update added calls over lte so it still shows lte when on wifi because calls can still use lte with wifi.

04-13-2015 06:07 AM
    You must not know that you can set different apps to have priority notifications. So no matter what other notifications you get the ones set for priority will stay at the top.
    How? How can I make it like kit Kat and only show my text msging and missed calls on my lock screen and everything else just in the status bar? Please tell me anybody.

04-13-2015 08:50 AM
    I actually am loving lollipop on my S6.
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-13-2015 10:02 AM
    I cannot stand lollipop. Have to pay $75CAN to downgrade back to 4.4.4 next week. 90% of the cell phone places in Vancouver don't do it. If you say you actually like lollipop I honestly think your delusional

04-19-2015 03:38 PM
    That's all I've come to expect off dicks who think they are the only expert here. .. nobody else is allowed an opinion. These people ruin tech sites comments and forums . Immature sado's

04-19-2015 03:55 PM
    I cannot stand lollipop. Have to pay $75CAN to downgrade back to 4.4.4 next week. 90% of the cell phone places in Vancouver don't do it. If you say you actually like lollipop I honestly think your delusional

So because people aren't having the same issues that you have they are delusional? 😁😁😁 I don't think that's a fair thing to say to anybody.

skatergirl likes this.
    04-19-2015 04:08 PM
142 12345 ...