08-03-2015 10:26 AM
142 ... 3456
tools
    I hate android in general as the inconsistent system volume is driving me mad
    05-26-2015 01:44 PM
    My battery is draining very fast. I've barely used it today and it's at 50% lol I have to keep a charger in me if I'm going out for the day.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-29-2015 07:36 PM
    My battery is draining very fast. I've barely used it today and it's at 50% lol I have to keep a charger in me if I'm going out for the day.

Have you tried restarted the phone? Clearly you have something running in the background that is eating up all the battery.
    05-30-2015 05:52 AM
    I've done everything lol. Reset, factory reset clear cache etc. On kit Kat my battery would last the whole day no problem what so ever now half way through the day it's at 50%

05-30-2015 12:29 PM
    I've done everything lol. Reset, factory reset clear cache etc. On kit Kat my battery would last the whole day no problem what so ever now half way through the day it's at 50%

I get a day and a half on my Note 4 right now, it runs Lollipop. I only have the stock apps plus a few others I actually use every day or every other day, anything else I dump. I also have the locator turned on my phone too.. You should try possibly moving apps that are movable to your SD card.
    05-30-2015 02:13 PM
    I just downloaded the second lollipop update i guess for fixes on my sprint galaxy note 4. I did a factory reset but i still my vudu crashes when i attempt to play a movie. Also my amazon video is gone from the app store. Anybody else have similar issues.

05-30-2015 04:53 PM
    My Lollipopped Note 4's battery life seems just as good, if not better, as when it was KitKatted. No Lollipop complaints from me ...and that surprised me.

🔊from the n.3 Monolith 🎧
    I agree as I don't have a single issue with Lollipop at all. In fact my battery life is improved and my Note 4 is faster then it was on Kit Kat. I cleared my system cache and did a factory reset but even before I did both my Note 4 was alot smoother and my battery life was improved.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 4
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    05-30-2015 06:42 PM
    Like come on. Why does the notifications have to pop up like this? It stays up there for 10 seconds at a time. If it's important and I'm watching a movie or playing a game and I swipe it to the side or swipe it up, it dissappears from my phone

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 lollipop sucks-screenshot_2015-06-01-12-08-22.jpg  
    06-01-2015 05:15 PM
    Like come on. Why does the notifications have to pop up like this? It stays up there for 10 seconds at a time. If it's important and I'm watching a movie or playing a game and I swipe it to the side or swipe it up, it dissappears from my phone

That isn't just for the Note 4 and that is an Android deal. You will be able to turn that off in 5.1. I just posted a thread about the release of 5.1.1, supposed to start in July.
    06-01-2015 05:25 PM
    Watching YouTube videos are horrible

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 lollipop sucks-screenshot_2015-06-01-15-21-01.jpg  
    06-01-2015 05:26 PM
    Where can I read your post?

06-01-2015 05:27 PM
    Where can I read your post?

It's in the Note 4 forum, here is a link:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-end-july.html
    06-01-2015 05:34 PM
    Thanks but doesn't say anything about notifications on the top panel like in kitkat. Let's hope there's an option to do so

06-01-2015 05:48 PM
    Thanks but doesn't say anything about notifications on the top panel like in kitkat. Let's hope there's an option to do so

You are talking about those pop up notifications you posted pictures of, no?

Those are heads up notifications and in 5.1, we will have the option to turn them off.
    06-01-2015 06:07 PM
    You are talking about those pop up notifications you posted pictures of, no?

Those are heads up notifications and in 5.1, we will have the option to turn them off.
    I read it twice and not once did it say anything about heads up notifications. It was a skim through so maybe I missed it. I do hope it doesn't just give us an option to just hide the notifications completely. I would love if I could choose to have notifications back in the notification panel on the lock screen too and just show my missed calls and text messages on lock screen and everything on panel. My battery sucks now but this is my main concern

06-01-2015 06:29 PM
    See below..
    06-01-2015 06:36 PM
    Just talking to someone, in the 5.1, they did a custom ROM and turned heads up off. So then, not sure about 5.1.1. Manufacturers can change that. Call Samsung and complain.

Now, in M, which will be out the end of this year, you can do that, but it is an app by app setting. They talked about that at I/O 2015 the other day.
    06-01-2015 06:46 PM
    If I understand correctly Samsung releasing 5.1 means they're releasing it to the carriers not to us the end users. So I don't expect to see it from AT&T for at least a couple of months after that and would not be surprised if it was 6 months. Google introducing M this quickly is to me an admission that Lollipoop is pretty much a failure as an OS. I don't recall going back to Froyo & Eclair a new Android OS being introduced this quickly after the previous OS's intro. I don't know how accurate it is but I read an article on Flipboard today stating only 10% of Android phones worldwide are running Lollipoop.
    06-01-2015 08:39 PM
    If I understand correctly Samsung releasing 5.1 means they're releasing it to the carriers not to us the end users. So I don't expect to see it from AT&T for at least a couple of months after that and would not be surprised if it was 6 months. Google introducing M this quickly is to me an admission that Lollipoop is pretty much a failure as an OS. I don't recall going back to Froyo & Eclair a new Android OS being introduced this quickly after the previous OS's intro. I don't know how accurate it is but I read an article on Flipboard today stating only 10% of Android phones worldwide are running Lollipoop.
    Google is introducing M at the normal time. AT&T has been better about getting out upgrades.

I have never gone back on any upgrade, every one has been an improvement for me. I've been on Android since before Eclair.
    06-01-2015 09:07 PM
    I'm thinking about switching to iphone as well. Lollipop is driving me crazy. Unless they address these issues, I think this is the end for Android. I don't see anyone putting up with this.
    06-03-2015 09:53 PM
    I'm thinking about switching to iphone as well. Lollipop is driving me crazy. Unless they address these issues, I think this is the end for Android. I don't see anyone putting up with this.
    There are other Android device out there that might be better than Samsung when it comes to updates to the Lollipop OS. I would never switch and become an iSheeple, I am not the religious type.
    06-04-2015 06:19 AM
    Hi All!
    Don't get to stop by much, but had a few thoughts on all this.

I just got a Note 4 (Verizon), upgrading from my beloved S4. After porting all the data and Apps over, I upgraded to 5.0.1. Smoothest transfer I've ever done, considering it was from Rooted S4 to Virgin Note 4. Thanks My Backup Pro Migrate Function!
    I caught this thread while reading up to get more familiar with the new phone. I'm sure not an Expert on it (YET! LOL!)

Two main thoughts:
    1. Battery life & responsiveness. I was SHOCKED at how good the battery life is with this thing!

Now, granted, I didn't get to use it with the older OS for that long so I can't give a good comparison, but Lollipop seems to have a fine responsiveness, with little to no lag anywhere, and the battery lasts me a couple days if I want to take it down below 40% (which I don't normally do ... bad for Li-Ion cells).

I DID fully charge it before 1st use, and took it to the bottom ONCE to establish "top & bottom" points. Now I plan to charge at 40 - 50%. I may get a backup battery, but with the fast charge system it's not the priority it was with my S4 (I had 2 SPARES [Anker] on hand its entire life).

2. To the people who are screaming about how rotten this OS is ... I GET it. Having fought MANY battles with these devices since the very 1st PDA, I GET how frustrating it can be. I even get the SCREAMING post that's filed without calming down first; I, too, have a temper.

But to KEEP screaming, calling people out, Flaming left and right at people who either don't get your point or are even offering numerous things to help you out ... Grow Up! You want to cancel your account here, fine. You will NOT be missed.

{True Story}
    I had a Client 25 years ago that asked me when I arrived for my appointment "How are you doing today?".
    I replied "Well, I had a flat tire, got SCREAMED at by a customer who screwed up his own computer then blamed both Me and Billy Gates, and just broke a nail below the quick opening something, so now I'm BLEEDING. {total truth} I'm having a TERRIBLE day, thank you!"
    He smiled at me, looked me square in the eye and asked "Who decided that?"
    I thought for a sec and replied {sheepishly} "Well, I guess that would be ME."
    He laughed and said "Well, next time you are having a bad day, you'll remember you don't have to look far for the source. No one or no thing can GIVE you a bad day. Oh, you can have 'em, just don't look too far for the source!"

Wise man.

Took me a while, but I sure have a hell of a lot less bad days. Not that I don't get upset when this complex tech seems to have you in it's cross-hairs for a good beating ... but just sayin' ....
    So - to those that are REALLY ticked about this upgrade. Chill. Not saying you shouldn't post your anger and frustration, you SHOULD! How else do the companies know they screwed up? But stop screaming at the people here who are trying to offer solutions. It's just bloody RUDE and STUPID.

Peace out.
    PuterPro
    BarfingMonkey likes this.
    06-04-2015 12:44 PM
    I came from iPhone (3G thru iPhone 5) to Android a little over a year ago and can't imagine ever going back to the iPhone. Apple totally locks down the devices allowing the user little customization and all of my iPhones were jailbroken but I was still limited with what I could do. Keep in mind that iOS is not what it once used to be as far as bugs and stability; they keep releasing firmwares with issues one after another. The only issue I've had since upgrading to Lollipop is with Facebook, not lollipop itself. When I'm in Facebook and click on a link that loads another page about 50 percent of the time it will totally lock up my phone and takes about 20 seconds to close Facebook and recover.... getting annoying.
    06-04-2015 01:31 PM
    Who's out there saying the battery life is good? Upgraded from 5.0 to 5.0.1 and battery still crap. Phone lasts 50% less than on Kit Kat. Can't even get through an 8 hour work day without having to wall hug and leave my phone unattended plugged in. I'm a moderate user

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 lollipop sucks-screenshot_2015-06-04-16-34-46.jpg  
    06-04-2015 06:58 PM
    Who's out there saying the battery life is good? Upgraded from 5.0 to 5.0.1 and battery sill crap. Phone lasts 50% less than on Kit Kat. Can't even get through an 8 hour work day without having to wall hug and leave my phone unattended plugged in. I'm a moderate user

My battery life is great. There needs to be more battery graph details posted to even try to have an idea of what is happening with your battery.
    tsells and sweetypie31 like this.
    06-04-2015 07:01 PM
142 ... 3456