08-03-2015 10:26 AM
142 ... 456
tools
    Who's out there saying the battery life is good? Upgraded from 5.0 to 5.0.1 and battery sill crap. Phone lasts 50% less than on Kit Kat. Can't even get through an 8 hour work day without having to wall hug and leave my phone unattended plugged in. I'm a moderate user

Posted via the Android Central App
    GSAM app has been a help to me in the past when trying to better understand battery usage https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....bbm.pro&hl=en Just sharing as it may help to see more detail than what the native TouchWiz Battery app provides.

I take my Note 4 off the charger around 0600, and it goes back on the charger around 10pm or later. During the workweek I usually end up at 50% or more battery life remaining before putting it back on the charger. Cell signal strength, a rouge app or process, screen on time, screen brightness level, location services, etc. can all have a bearing on battery life throughout the day. Hope that helps.
    06-04-2015 10:25 PM
    Complain, complain, complain, that's all I see everyone doing about their Note 4 battery life on Lollipop. My note 4 runs great on its battery and here is the picture that proves it!

Everything I have said in this thread about getting my battery to behave is a huge factor why my battery lasts so long, which none of you agree or want to accept. I doubt I will get 11 hours more out of it today but certainly by lunch time I will need to start charging it.

So you are doing something wrong if you don't get as much battery as I do!
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 lollipop sucks-1433498913892.jpg  
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    06-05-2015 05:08 AM
    Taken just now at 12:07PM EST. Not too shabby!
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 lollipop sucks-1433520534524.jpg  
    06-05-2015 11:09 AM
    That's awesome your battery lasts long. My battery goes down 1% every time I turn my screen on to check the time

06-05-2015 11:53 AM
    That's awesome your battery lasts long. My battery goes down 1% every time I turn my screen on to check the time

Did you at least wipe cache after the upgrade?
    06-05-2015 12:48 PM
    Who's out there saying the battery life is good? Upgraded from 5.0 to 5.0.1 and battery still crap. Phone lasts 50% less than on Kit Kat. Can't even get through an 8 hour work day without having to wall hug and leave my phone unattended plugged in. I'm a moderate user

My battery life on Lollipop is just fine. Didn't have to do any tweaks or a factory reset even. Must be something specific to your carrier.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.
    06-05-2015 12:59 PM
    I must be the luckiest phone buyer ever. Every time I buy a phone I find people complaining about this and that and I never seem to have the same issues. At least not the major ones. Every phone has issues and every OS has issues, but I've never had anything that bad. I change phones just to try different things not because I'm miserable using one of them. My Note 4 is great. Battery life is great, minimal lag and only really in the camera to gallery transition and no real issues with anything else.

Sent from my Note 4
    06-05-2015 02:22 PM
    Can someone please give me a step by step guide to downgrade my Koodo Note 4 back to 4.4.4???Model # SM-N910W8. I don't have time to look and figure everything out. Will donate $10 CAD via etransfer if it's successful gatoradeblue604@gmail.com

06-11-2015 07:48 AM
    I must be the luckiest phone buyer ever. Every time I buy a phone I find people complaining about this and that and I never seem to have the same issues. At least not the major ones. Every phone has issues and every OS has issues, but I've never had anything that bad. I change phones just to try different things not because I'm miserable using one of them. My Note 4 is great. Battery life is great, minimal lag and only really in the camera to gallery transition and no real issues with anything else.

Sent from my Note 4
    Same here usually, but the Verizon lollipop upgrade was awful for me. I ended up downgrading to kit kat to fix all the issues I was having. Bluetooth skipping, apps crashing, etc.
    06-21-2015 10:08 AM
    Just watched the AC podcast from this past Friday and they agree the Note 4 doesn't work as well on Lollipop as it did on KitKat. Discussion starts around the 49 min mark. Jerry also states that Lollipop (in general) has had a rough start.

I agree with Jerry 100%. Note 4 was a pleasure to use when it was on KitKat, Lollipop crippled it.
    06-21-2015 11:59 AM
    and the whole lollypop episode has caused me to demo a iphone 6+ for a few days didnt like that . now im playing with a blackberry z30 to see if it will work out .
    my point is as a business user i just dont need the headache of a bad update. if only google would make it so the update was optional or so you could down grade.
    06-21-2015 12:45 PM
    I haven't had issues at all with my Note 4 since the upgrade.
    06-21-2015 01:30 PM
    Same here usually, but the Verizon lollipop upgrade was awful for me. I ended up downgrading to kit kat to fix all the issues I was having. Bluetooth skipping, apps crashing, etc.
    I don't doubt that people are having problems. I just wonder what causes you to have issues and me not to. We are both on Verizon and using the same phone. You would think experience would be similar.

I'm have and use (right now actually) an iPhone 6 plus as well. I would use it full time if I had those issues. Hope they get it worked out soon with an update.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    06-21-2015 04:26 PM
    I switched from iphone to samsung note 4 and it's the dumbest decision I've ever made. Note 4 crashes all the time, takes forever to load with this new crappy updated os, and in general I came real close to throwing the damn thing out the window this weekend. When are they going to fix the os cuz the current one is a disaster..??
    08-03-2015 06:53 AM
    I switched from iphone to samsung note 4 and it's the dumbest decision I've ever made. Note 4 crashes all the time, takes forever to load with this new crappy updated os, and in general I came real close to throwing the damn thing out the window this weekend. When are they going to fix the os cuz the current one is a disaster..??
    Sorry to hear your having trouble with yours. I would recommend you take it back to your carrier as the phone could be defective.
    08-03-2015 10:14 AM
    I see what you are saying about the larger notifications. I get those for Facebook so I am going to look to see if I can just get them in the notification bar. Anyway, here is a screenshot of my calender settings. I don't get any notifications on my lock screen.
    That should be a system setting! This setting is not in every app... Not even in Google messenger. I hope vz gets 5.1 soon. The notifications, especially on the lockscreen are awful.

08-03-2015 10:22 AM
    So far, from what I can tell, it's your calendar app that has not been updated to keep up with the times. Who's problem exactly is that? There are more options than ever for apps that are updated properly, per skatergirls screenshot, you should be able to see this. If you want to try to calm down instead of going all crazy, you might actually see people are trying to help out. Don't go bashing a forum and putting people down because your upset about some make believe security issue. I mean, are you CIA or something? What the hell kind of notification could you possibly get that would be a breach of security? Your grocery list reminder is far from it.
    This setting is not even in Google Messenger. A google product.

08-03-2015 10:26 AM
142 ... 456