Note 4 lollipop sucks

mike jones35

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Just downloaded Lollipop 3 days ago on Koodo/Telus. It's the worst OS I've ever encountered and I use to be a big blackberry guy. The notifications on the lock screen are HORRIBLE just down right disgusting. No matter what I'm doing on my phone on YouTube, watching a movie, playing Clash of Clans and I get a Twitter notification it fills up 1/4 of my screen instead of just the status bar on 4.4.4. And sometimes it stays for 3 seconds, sometimes 5 and sometimes .3 seconds. The text msging is horrible and might as well just use hangouts because it's the same layout. And the Orange! Why Orange??!! I'm gona cry. Why would someone release this POS operating system. And the notification pull down panel is depressing : ( such big bubbles and take up such room for no reason. And when you go to clear it takes longer for them to clear now cuz google wanted make it look cool with a card like closing technique. I'm considering an iPhone 6+. N since I waited like 6 months to download lollipop I don't see any changes coming in 2015

Posted via the Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
You can turn the notification option off. I dont let mine do the pop stuff.

Sounds more like a settings problem then lollipop problem.

mike jones35

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
I have to have my notifications on at all times.4.4.4 just previewed in the notification panel at the top of the screen now it takes over 1/4

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have to have my notifications on at all times.4.4.4 just previewed in the notification panel at the top of the screen now it takes over 1/4

Mike, have you gone to each of the offending apps and tried to change the settings within each app. My text app defaults to showing incoming texts on my screen without me opening the app. I had to change that as I did not want my texts on my screen until I opened it. I am sure there are other default annoyances, I just can't think of any at the moment.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I agree, the notifications are lacking big time compared to KK. An absolute abomination on Google's part.

Should I get an iPhone too? Seems to be the going Android fanboy response here whenever someone disagrees with their precious creation.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I really have not noticed anything different about the notifications from Kit Kat to Lollipop after changing settings within the apps. Can you post a screen shot?

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently with Telus and loved the new Lollipop. I actually like the notification doesn't bother me at all to be honest. I've been waiting to finally have a lockscreen notification it's not the prettiest but still there's going to be improvement from the next upgrade of OS that's for sure. However as far as the sms goes i never bother to use their stock i ended up using the google messenger nicer and cleaner. As far Touchwhiz i'm glued to Nova Prime launcher as you have more control on how you want your phone to look. So no complaints here.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Here's an example of lackluster notifications. This is my lockscreen. Why does the calendar notification pop up AND STAY THERE until the user performs an action? This is just an example. Every notification appears like this. In KK, the notification would pop up in the status bar/notification center. If anyone ever looked at your phone when it was locked and you have notifications, they can see more than you want them to see. And before everyone chimes in defending this new way of doing things, yes, my settings are correct and if there was a setting to change this, I would have set it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-08-08-30-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-08-08-30-36.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 644

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Here's an example of lackluster notifications. This is my lockscreen. Why does the calendar notification pop up AND STAY THERE until the user performs an action? This is just an example. Every notification appears like this. In KK, the notification would pop up in the status bar/notification center. If anyone ever looked at your phone when it was locked and you have notifications, they can see more than you want them to see. And before everyone chimes in defending this new way of doing things, yes, my settings are correct and if there was a setting to change this, I would have set it.

Simply go into the calendar settings and turn notifications off. Or just turn the notification bar notifications off.
As to suggesting an iPhone, I believe the reasoning for this is that since the iOS gives you no options about anything, it saves a person from learning how to set up their phone exactly as they like it. Android on the other hand requires a bit of effort to learn because it does in fact give the user lots of options on how their phone works and looks.
After hundreds of inspiring and helpful thread titles like this thread folks that took the time to learn how to utilize Android's many options get a bit tired of hearing the same litany of 5 year old petulant whining.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
There are always two sides to every story. I like the notifications. A lot. In fact, in KK I had an app that popped up notifications just as Lollipop does it. With it built in I no longer need the extra app.

So, while one person says this sucks, I say it rocks.

SamSamsung11

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Simply go into the calendar settings and turn notifications off. Or just turn the notification bar notifications off

Is there a setting I can play around with to not have notifications come on the lock screen and just have them show up in the notifications like with Kitkat? Thanks. I don't like the new notifications systems either and turning them off completely is not something I wanna do either.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Simply go into the calendar settings and turn notifications off. Or just turn the notification bar notifications off.
As to suggesting an iPhone, I believe the reasoning for this is that since the iOS gives you no options about anything, it saves a person from learning how to set up their phone exactly as they like it. Android on the other hand requires a bit of effort to learn because it does in fact give the user lots of options on how their phone works and looks.
After hundreds of inspiring and helpful thread titles like this thread folks that took the time to learn how to utilize Android's many options get a bit tired of hearing the same litany of 5 year old petulant whining.

I've had an Android phone since 2009 among others so don't start any garbage with me about learning Android. Turning off notifications is not gonna fly for me. The notification systen is horrible in 5.0. Disgustingly horrible. This is my opinion. You want to start calling people 5 year olds, get the hell out of here. Have a great day.

mike jones35

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Lol I don't understand why my text msg are now not a priority and my twitter notifications are now. In KK my text messages always stayed on the lock screen no matter what now I have to unlock my phone to see that I have a text. If more twitter notifications come in the text msging icon will dissappear completely. I understand I can turn off twitter notifications but it's just not an option for me. In KK they would just appear in the status bar and I could read the twitter notifications while I'm typing or reading something now a huge pop up screen comes up and covers 1/4 of the screen so I have to stop whatever I'm doing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-08-10-30-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-08-10-30-33.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 532

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Lol I don't understand why my text msg are now not a priority and my twitter notifications are now. In KK my text messages always stayed on the lock screen no matter what now I have to unlock my phone to see that I have a text. If more twitter notifications come in the text msging icon will dissappear completely. I understand I can turn off twitter notifications but it's just not an option for me. In KK they would just appear in the status bar and I could read the twitter notifications while I'm typing or reading something now a huge pop up screen comes up and covers 1/4 of the screen so I have to stop whatever I'm doing.

That's what I'm talking about.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE