Note 4 lollipop sucks

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Like wtf

Posted via the Android Central App
There must be a setting for this I am thinking. I never have this happen while gaming. I don't know where the setting is unfortunately, as I have not changed anything since downloading lollipop. My notifications only come up like this on the lock screen.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm complaining because Lollipop doesn't have the top of the lockscreen icon notifications that Kit Kat had & Lollipop 5.1 will have. So now I have to unlock my screen to know why the LED is flashing which is at least 20 times a day. I can't use the lockscreen notifications because they block my lockscreen message which has my ICE contact #'s on it & I haven't taken the time to edit the lockscreen custom picture to have those ICE #'s appear at the bottom.

Because I haven't had a spare couple of hours minimum to do a factory reset this is what Lollipop has done for me besides the above:
1) considerably worse battery life
2) loss of fast charge in my car
3) no temperature in the upper left hand corner of my lockscreen
4) lockscreen (if I used them) & homescreen notifications I do not like as well as those in Kit Kat

Hopefully a factory reset will resolve issues 1 & 2 but certainly not 3 & 4 or the lockscreen icon notifications.

My bottom line is I was perfectly satisfied with my N4 on Kit Kat & now on Lollipop obviously I'm not. Lollipop took away basic functionality for the way I use my phone. I get that a lot of users are having better experiences on Lollipop but there are also a lot us that are not. Going back to Gingerbread over 5 years ago I don't recall so many forum members posting about problems/issues on so many different threads about an OS update. I know I never had a problem with any of the previous OS updates.

So I'm firmly with the thumbs down to Lollipop crowd and believe me I wish that wasn't the case. I still like my N4 just not as well as I used to. People use their phones differently so removing basic functionality is going to effect user experiences differently. I had no noticeable lag on Kit Kat & never thought it was a slow OS so I don't notice any difference in the speed of Lollipop but that's me & it is my phone I'm talking about that I paid AT&T for and continue to pay them monthly to use.

The Lollipop update should have been optional not mandatory. If it were optional I never would have downloaded/installed it-problems solved. I need a phone that is completely functional for the way I use it. It was & now it's not.

I use dynamic notifications for my lockscreen. It mimics Motorola active display... Maybe try that.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Loving lollipop. And lock screen notifications are just great. I don't know why people complain about them since you can completely opt out by changing your settings. Over all, lollipop is a much better OS than kit kat.

You can opt out, I did for a minute but you completely lose any and all notifications while locked because of the persistent carrier badge where notifications used to be in the status bar. That's the biggest thing that bugs me about this update.

Also I've never had a notification popup while in an app. Never changed settings.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there a setting I can play around with to not have notifications come on the lock screen and just have them show up in the notifications like with Kitkat? Thanks. I don't like the new notifications systems either and turning them off completely is not something I wanna do either.

I have not found a way to turn the notifications off on the lock screen while having them on the home screen notification bar.
I have found that the notifications from apps (such as a mail app) can be swiped off the lock screen returning it to the plain lock screen. However, notifications sent from the OS (including the weather notifications) can't be swiped off the lock screen.
I agree the KitKat notification options were more to my liking as to customization, but I like the look of the Lollipop notification panels better than the older styles.
I have politely suggested the KitKat options for notifications should be reintroduced on various Samsung boards. Hopefully, enough folks who agree will also give input to Samsung. As most of have been taught honey applied in the right place gets much more attention than vinegar ;^)

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
PM me your Lock Screen Wallpaper, and your ICE # - I'll Photoshop it in. I just did mine and it does the trick!

LockScreen1.jpg

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I can care less what you people say about me. I can care less because I know that most of you talk the way you do because you got your keyboard balls on. I know that in person something totally different would go down.

I can't even deal with this crap anymore. I deleting my account here. Have a nice day.

Man, as a fellow Patriots Fan, I wish if you were going to act like this, you'd at least change your Avatar. I mean, wasn't "Deflate-gate" bad enough for one year? :)

mike jones35

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
I took it to Samsung store at the mall today and the girl said she's had 20 or 30 people come in and complain about battery life. She did something to my phone like flash it or something and didn't help

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My Lollipopped Note 4's battery life seems just as good, if not better, as when it was KitKatted. No Lollipop complaints from me ...and that surprised me.

🔊from the n.3 Monolith 🎧

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Have you done a factory reset?

Unfortunately I have read many places where all the "issues" with an update seem to be remedied with a factory reset. I hate them personally, I never get it back to the way I had it w/o tons of work. I always miss something. I wish there was a way to back up everything with a simple backup. I want game progress, notes, settings, layouts, text messages, and anything else I forgot :)

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't even deal with this crap anymore. I deleting my account here. Have a nice day.

I hope you don't. there are those of us who believe that complaints like yours are what pushes evolution, so to speak...

My father actually used to tell me that all innovation was driven by unreasonable requests from unreasonable people...

If people did not insist on being able to fly, for example, the airplane would never have been invented! :)

If everyone was completely happy with everything that came out there would be no reason to improve. Personally, I love lollipop, but I respect your right to hate it!

Last edited:

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
It's been a week since I did a factory reset as I was getting poor battery life on the Lollipop upgrade. I gave it a week to "settle in" so to speak. Sadly, the battery life didn't change in the ensuing week. It's not terribly difficult for me as I work at a desk and just set it on my Qi charger when I sit down. But, on weekends when I'm not near a charger it nosedives. Fortunately, I carry a spare battery. I seldom used the spare battery before Lollipop but use it now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm