Note 4 lollipop sucks

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
But it's funny though I have never had this issue while on Kitkat with the same messenger app...I don't think i have ever updated that app until it forces me to do so!

Diana Gib

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Just downloaded Lollipop 3 days ago on Koodo/Telus. It's the worst OS I've ever encountered and I use to be a big blackberry guy. The notifications on the lock screen are HORRIBLE just down right disgusting. No matter what I'm doing on my phone on YouTube, watching a movie, playing Clash of Clans and I get a Twitter notification it fills up 1/4 of my screen instead of just the status bar on 4.4.4. And sometimes it stays for 3 seconds, sometimes 5 and sometimes .3 seconds. The text msging is horrible and might as well just use hangouts because it's the same layout. And the Orange! Why Orange??!! I'm gona cry. Why would someone release this POS operating system. And the notification pull down panel is depressing : ( such big bubbles and take up such room for no reason. And when you go to clear it takes longer for them to clear now cuz google wanted make it look cool with a card like closing technique. I'm considering an iPhone 6+. N since I waited like 6 months to download lollipop I don't see any changes coming in 2015

Posted via the Android Central App

I AGREE!! I have all the same issues you have, AND my phone has froze up at LEAST a dozen times today . Extremely unhappy.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmm...tht's interesting.
So you are saying in the Past the Youtube app used a lot of Data for you? How did you fix it?

So do you think perhaps this issue is app specific? like I was using the FB messenger app to make that call, was on the call for 40 mins, and then my data usage went up..do you think it's just the messenger app then?

To answer the first question, I typically shut off mobile data when I watch you tube :) what was happening for me is that my tablet was switching over to wireless data instead of staying on the very strong wifi signal in my house. That was easy to fix, because on my tablet I just switched off mobile data and left it. But the same thing happened on my phone, too. I am Not exactly certain what triggers that behavior, but I was able to prove it sufficiently enough that Verizon gave me credit on two separate bills for data overage. and just in case, I limit my mobile data on the phone and on the tablet so I use on this account to make sure that I don't go over.

. on the other question of whether I think it was facebook Messenger eating your data, I truly cannot say but it sure does sound a likely suspect...

What I can say though is that since the lollipop update that I did, nearly every program that I have has had an update from the App Store. and what that means is these apps have been changing to accommodate lollipop, or for whatever other reasons there are.

Everyone seems quick to blame lollipop because that makes the most sense, however the fact that these problems seem intermittent and don't affect all users would seem to indicate app specific problems not operating system specific problems...

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
To answer the first question, I typically shut off mobile data when I watch you tube :) what was happening for me is that my tablet was switching over to wireless data instead of staying on the very strong wifi signal in my house. That was easy to fix, because on my tablet I just switched off mobile data and left it. But the same thing happened on my phone, too. I am Not exactly certain what triggers that behavior, but I was able to prove it sufficiently enough that Verizon gave me credit on two separate bills for data overage. and just in case, I limit my mobile data on the phone and on the tablet so I use on this account to make sure that I don't go over.

. on the other question of whether I think it was facebook Messenger eating your data, I truly cannot say but it sure does sound a likely suspect...

What I can say though is that since the lollipop update that I did, nearly every program that I have has had an update from the App Store. and what that means is these apps have been changing to accommodate lollipop, or for whatever other reasons there are.

Everyone seems quick to blame lollipop because that makes the most sense, however the fact that these problems seem intermittent and don't affect all users would seem to indicate app specific problems not operating system specific problems...

Yeah I hear ya! I have since updated most of the apps (Including the FB messenger app), so let's see how everything pans out..I will be keeping a close eye on this for the next few days!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I let Lollipop install on my Nexus 7, hated it, and went through the hassle to get back to KitKat. I'm now ignoring the Lollipop update notification on my Tab S, which is what I plan to do when the update hits my GN4.

I'm wondering if there has ever been a prior version of Android that elicited so many "This version sucks!" reactions.

Yes, every Android update elicits the same responses.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
[QUOTE If you say you actually like lollipop I honestly think your delusional

The last time I checked I had not been diagnosed delusional and I love Lollipop.

iamevilyen

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Just installed Lollipop. One of my essential feature is broken - split screen.

Before: my facebook app is set to open link in external browser. i normally split screen with both Chrome and Facebook. Whatever url links i click in facebook it opens a tab in Chrome. this way i do not have to switch back and forth between apps On full screen.

Now (after Lollipop): my facebook app is still set to open links in external browser. But any links clicked on facebook open the link in Chrome app but in the same split screen. This totally defeats the purpose of multi screen feature.
I am looking at 2 split screens and both showing Chrome.

iamevilyen

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I just install Lollipop too. Terrible. Split screen not working.
I normally spilt screen to view facebook and chrome. Any links clicked in facebook will open a tab in chrome. Because it is split, i don't have to toggle back and forth between apps.

Now with lollipop, any links clicked on facebook still opens a new chrome tab. But the chrome app opens in the same current spilt acreen, replacing my facebook.
so i am looking at a split screen with 2 chrome App opened. btw my facebook is still set to open links in external browser.

This is not a facebook app issue.
I have the same issue when i split screen between whatsapp and chrome. Or any other apps. As long as a link is click and drem a chrome tab to be opened, it will replace the same active screen, even the other screen is already chrome.

Jeff Puccetti

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I have a note EDGE and the Lollipop totally destroyed the way my phone showed notifications they used to show up on the EDGE screen now they pop up on the main screen and no longer on the EDGE the phone constantly runs very hot right where the SD card is ... The phone lags slower than my grandmother crossing the street and it drains my battery so fast its crazy everything is affected in a negative way my wifi is a mess i have to turn it off then back on when I get home several times just to get internet access and I have reset my router and the phone several times when notifications pop up on the top of the screen if i click on them nothing happens I have to go an open the app to be able to read the notification... I have done all but factory reset the phone I want KK back like yesterday... This is a flop of all flops on googles part

BrianA7

May 25, 2015
Visit site
My best friend is EXTREMELY angry at the Galaxy Note 4 right now and it has to do with Lollipop. His phone constantly lags, keeps getting pop up messages saying that "Unfortunately, YouTube has stopped" or some other app saying the same kind of message, his phone has randomly restarted and now gets so hot that you can't really hold onto it. He has done every suggestion online that it says to do to fix these problems including factory reset and still encounters these problems. He's also got another friend he works with who had the Note 4 that was having those same issues, but he got rid of his.

Is Lollipop really causing that much headache on the Note 4? I've witnessed the stuff he was talking about and was quite shocked. I've got a Galaxy S6 and it runs lightning fast and I have not encountered the type of problems he has with Lollipop. I've heard it is a memory leak issue and that Google still has not fixed the issue even with some updates to try and fix the problem. Is this something I may eventually run into with my S6?

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a note EDGE and the Lollipop totally destroyed the way my phone showed notifications they used to show up on the EDGE screen now they pop up on the main screen and no longer on the EDGE the phone constantly runs very hot right where the SD card is ... The phone lags slower than my grandmother crossing the street and it drains my battery so fast its crazy everything is affected in a negative way my wifi is a mess i have to turn it off then back on when I get home several times just to get internet access and I have reset my router and the phone several times when notifications pop up on the top of the screen if i click on them nothing happens I have to go an open the app to be able to read the notification... I have done all but factory reset the phone I want KK back like yesterday... This is a flop of all flops on googles part

You should do a backup of our phone using Kies3. Then wipe the cache partition and reboot then do a factory reset. Then once you have your apps loaded and is you have a MicroSD (if not buy one) copy whatever apps you can to your SD card. Go into App Manager and into each app it will tell you if it can or can't be moved to your SD card..move them over. Apps that use location find may draw more the battery. I get close to 2 days with my Note 4 after doing above steps.
It you don't use an app more than once a week get rid of it if you can.

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
My best friend is EXTREMELY angry at the Galaxy Note 4 right now and it has to do with Lollipop. His phone constantly lags, keeps getting pop up messages saying that "Unfortunately, YouTube has stopped" or some other app saying the same kind of message, his phone has randomly restarted and now gets so hot that you can't really hold onto it. He has done every suggestion online that it says to do to fix these problems including factory reset and still encounters these problems. He's also got another friend he works with who had the Note 4 that was having those same issues, but he got rid of his.

Is Lollipop really causing that much headache on the Note 4? I've witnessed the stuff he was talking about and was quite shocked. I've got a Galaxy S6 and it runs lightning fast and I have not encountered the type of problems he has with Lollipop. I've heard it is a memory leak issue and that Google still has not fixed the issue even with some updates to try and fix the problem. Is this something I may eventually run into with my S6?

Lollipop kills this great phone!

Check my thread about it:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...fe-back-my-note-4-i-didn-t-like-lollipop.html

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

My phone runs fine on Lollipop. I expect quite a few others do too.

It is unfortunate that many have had problems with it. When I upgraded my S5 I had quite a few problems with it but I managed to sort them all out in the end. My Note4 upgrade went seamlessly and I didn't even have to do a factory reset.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
My phone runs fine on Lollipop. I expect quite a few others do too.

It is unfortunate that many have had problems with it. When I upgraded my S5 I had quite a few problems with it but I managed to sort them all out in the end. My Note4 upgrade went seamlessly and I didn't even have to do a factory reset.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

Yes that's what I kept telling myself after doing a factory reset on Lollipop. Kept trying to convince myself that it's fine. Then I started missing my 2 day battery life and could feel the huge OS lag compared to Kit Kat. I know if I were to buy thise Note 4 while it was already on Lollipop I would be fine with it. But coming from a person who used Kit Kat for about a week before updating to Lollipop, I know my phone, I know how snappy it is, and I can distinguish the lag. I have the international version so it has no carrier bloat and still I'm telling you it's nowhere near as snappy as Kit Kat nor can the battery life even come close.

Racinghart91

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
i think my next phone will be a iphone (if not Nexus) but no more android phones full with crap from manufacturers)
i mean, why the hell did they release the lollipop update it sucks so bad !
i downgraded back to kitkat wich made me lose all my settings and apps, IMO i shouldnt have to do this.

same as a factory reset after every big update.. dude why :S

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Been quite happy with Lollipop on my Note 4. With my Nexus 7, I had bad battery drain issues with the Lollipop update and ended up doing a factory reset and fresh install of a full factory image - cured all the problems I had with it and it also runs like a charm.

miss_vickies

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
worst update ever... these notifications are driving me nuts. Especially since you can't turn off the pop-ups on some apps even if in settings you did that. ie. whatsapp.

and orange? dont even get me started.... i had to d/l another messaging app just to get rid of it.

now I also cant create picture folders. it keeps telling me file name already exists. No it bloody doesnt, lol!! lol