Phone is constantly "Finding Location" after updating to 5.0

HeyMcFly

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
So after updating to 5.0, I constantly have the "Finding Location" notification in the upper left and the huge notification on the lock screen. This never happened on 4.4.4, is this a bug or is my phone constantly trying to get my location for some reason?

Oh, and I tried to go into "Sound and notification" in my settings to see if I can change the notification settings, but every time I try, Settings crashes.

SteelCityJenn

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello! I am having the same issue.
After tinkering around a bit with my phone and setting, I have found out that this is actually the OS.
If you slide your notification bar down, press and hold "finding location" System UI comes up.

Click the "I" - It's Lollipop :'(

Idk how to fix it, but they need to figure it out & fast. This is EATING your data.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Just something to try, calibrate your compass. (Supposedly calibrating your compass helps your phone find satellites more quickly...)

Basically, all that involves is 1) holding the phone vertically facing you, rotating it on a vertical axis counterclockwise as you would be looking down on it.

Step 2, holding the phone vertically facing you, rotate the phone on the x-axis which would be the equivalent of flipping the phone over several times towards you.

3) the third step would be laying the phone flat on a table and spinning it around in a circle slowly several times.Then, with any compass app, check to see if your phone is pointing north. This supposedly helps, and doesn't cost you anything to try.

4) then, take the phone outside with a clear view of the sky and let it find itself, the more satellites the better, which is why taking it outside is good idea at this point.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Posted via the Android Central App

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I am having the same issue.
After tinkering around a bit with my phone and setting, I have found out that this is actually the OS.
If you slide your notification bar down, press and hold "finding location" System UI comes up.

Click the "I" - It's Lollipop :'(

Idk how to fix it, but they need to figure it out & fast. This is EATING your data.

I get this message sometimes and it's no issue for me. Just something in the background using GPS.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Guys, make sure u have your location Mode set to Power Save and not High. That did it for me. I've always had Power Save on kit kat. Lollipop somehow switched that to high. See attached picture

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-11-13-33-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-11-13-33-47.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 140

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Guys, make sure u have your location Mode set to Power Save and not High. That did it for me. I've always had Power Save on kit kat. Lollipop somehow switched that to high. See attached picture

Mine defaulted to power saving mode, but turn by turn directions on Google Navigation do not work unless it is set to high accuracy, so, I set it back. I do not have this problem of it constantly searching for my location.

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Had the same issue.

Go into the location settings. It'll list all of the apps that are using location. Systematically "Force Stop" each app until you figure out which one is causing it. For me it was a simple clock face app for my Gear 2. I uninstalled the app and problem solved. The developer has since fixed the app and no problems with it installed now

jhmblvd

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Just something to try, calibrate your compass. (Supposedly calibrating your compass helps your phone find satellites more quickly...)

Basically, all that involves is 1) holding the phone vertically facing you, rotating it on a vertical axis counterclockwise as you would be looking down on it.

Step 2, holding the phone vertically facing you, rotate the phone on the x-axis which would be the equivalent of flipping the phone over several times towards you.

3) the third step would be laying the phone flat on a table and spinning it around in a circle slowly several times.Then, with any compass app, check to see if your phone is pointing north. This supposedly helps, and doesn't cost you anything to try.

4) then, take the phone outside with a clear view of the sky and let it find itself, the more satellites the better, which is why taking it outside is good idea at this point.

Please let me know if that works for you.

JohnOKe

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
yeah that was it. in my case it was the "Sure" remote control app. Why that needs a location, who knows, but it's uninstalled now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane