In general the phone is so snappy and smooth, I love it. But my hands down favorite feature is Smart Lock. To not have to unlock my phone every 10 minutes is marvelous!!
    04-08-2015 09:16 AM
    For smart lock, your location needs to be on all the time for it to work?
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-08-2015 09:38 AM
    For smart lock, your location needs to be on all the time for it to work?
    My location is on all the time anyway, but I Bluetooth my smart lock to my gear fit watch.
    04-08-2015 10:19 AM
    My location is on all the time anyway, but I Bluetooth my smart lock to my gear fit watch.
    I see ok. Another benefit of having a gear fit hehe. Is there a way for smart lock to work via trusted networks. Like if it's connected to my home wifi it disables lock?
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-08-2015 10:25 AM
    +1 for smart lock. Really useful with car bluetooth as a safe location too.
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-08-2015 10:30 AM
    Smart lock for sure! Always have my LG tones with me and linked. Find that location doesn't seem to work very well.
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-08-2015 10:53 AM
    For my location to work well, I use the default location that the app finds automatically. If I enter my street address manually, it doesn't work.
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-08-2015 11:00 AM
    What's smart lock and how do I use it lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-08-2015 11:11 AM
    Google and youtube it
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-08-2015 11:26 AM

It's a feature that you can setup to have safe locations and/or peripheral like bluetooth or NFC. When you are in those locations, you don't have to unlock your phone, like at home or in your car for example. Some use this with their headphones or smart watches so when it's connected to the phone, you don't have to unlock it to get in.
    04-08-2015 01:02 PM
    I see ok. Another benefit of having a gear fit hehe. Is there a way for smart lock to work via trusted networks. Like if it's connected to my home wifi it disables lock?
    The gear watch is awesome and it only cost me $100. Between it and my husband's phone tracking me on GPS, I was able to get a store clerk to change his or her mind about going home with my phone after I stupidly had it fall out of my cart by accident. And now it keeps my phone unlocked. It's an amazing device.

As for your question, I don't think Smart Lock works with networks.
    04-08-2015 05:27 PM

MrCil20 explained the Smart Lock and I will say again it is awesome. If you don't want to unlock your phone all day long, try it.
    04-08-2015 05:29 PM

It works with network location, just make sure you use what Google maps detects. Doesn't work well if I type my home address manually.
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-08-2015 06:05 PM
    The gear watch is awesome and it only cost me $100. Between it and my husband's phone tracking me on GPS, I was able to get a store clerk to change his or her mind about going home with my phone after I stupidly had it fall out of my cart by accident. And now it keeps my phone unlocked. It's an amazing device.

any particular reason why your husband is tracking you by GPS?

04-08-2015 06:27 PM

There are a number of us who track each other on Locations. It's a nice tool, unless you are out doing things you are not supposed to be doing, lol.
    04-08-2015 07:29 PM
    MrCil20 explained the Smart Lock and I will say again it is awesome. If you don't want to unlock your phone all day long, try it.
    I'm in...gonna check this out tomorrow, been stuck on the road all damn day.

Thanks!

Lmao

skatergirl likes this.
    04-08-2015 10:40 PM
    I use smart lock when using Bluetooth and my car. Keeps my amazon play music from skipping or turning off while driving.

skatergirl likes this.
    04-08-2015 10:51 PM
    Is smart lock by carrier? I can't find it on my Note 4 AT & T phone unless I'm missing something. Where under setting can I find it.
    04-09-2015 08:47 AM
    Never mind I found it. They really did hide it. I got it working.

If you can't find smart lock watch this youtube video. it help me find it.
    mrcil20 likes this.
    04-09-2015 08:59 AM
    overall the phone appears to be running smoother and faster on Lollipop. I also like the improved Samsung UI. It's now less ugly....
    04-09-2015 09:01 AM
    I really like the Smart Lock feature. It works great with my Bluetooth headset all day but the location setting isn't working for me. It detects my home address just fine but will continue to lock. I hope it will be updated to work with wifi SID as an option. I think that would work much better.

Anyone else have any luck with the location settings?

Edit: So, I did a little more research here on AC and found a workaround for the home location. It seems if you select your neighbors address (if close) as another trusted location it will work. Looks like the home location is a known issue, if not for Google, at least for our educated AC family.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-09-2015 09:03 PM
    I really like the Smart Lock feature. It works great with my Bluetooth headset all day but the location setting isn't working for me. It detects my home address just fine but will continue to lock. I hope it will be updated to work with wifi SID as an option. I think that would work much better.

Edit: So, I did a little more research here on AC and found a workaround for the home location. It seems if you select your neighbors address (if close) as another trusted location it will work. Looks like the home location is a known issue, if not for Google, at least for our educated AC family.

I will try your suggest for Home Smart lock. It not working on my phone neither and it stay lock.
    04-10-2015 09:03 AM

I will try your suggest for Home Smart lock. It not working on my phone neither and it stay lock.
    I also had to add a 2nd "Home" location to get it to work so it seems like a bug. It's worked consistently for the last 3 days at home and has always worked in my truck as I added my bluetooth connection as a Trusted Device.

Smart Lock is a great feature.
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-10-2015 12:50 PM
    awesome..... never new this existed. I love this forum!!! now with my smart watch, my phone only locks when its out of BT range and never locks in my car...
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-12-2015 11:51 AM