Apparently it's 5.0.1 instead of the 5.0.2 listed on their website. I'm still really apprehensive about installing it. Anyone have any experience with it yet?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-08-2015 02:09 PM
    i'm with Telus i only have 5.0.1 the 5.0.2 could be other country so i'm sure we'll be getting that small update. Personally i'm waiting for the newest 5.1
    Princepia likes this.
    04-08-2015 02:38 PM
    So I've updated, and I get an error saying google play services requires an update. I cannot update it. There is no update. Now I'm very concerned I made a mistake.

04-08-2015 02:42 PM
    Sorry i mis-read what you're typing. So what you're saying is after the upgrade your google play store stopped working?
    Princepia likes this.
    04-08-2015 02:44 PM
    Actually! Interesting. It seems when you update, it somehow loses connection to your Google account bound to your phone. I went to my accounts tab and there was no google account attached. I went to attach it again, but it gave me an error saying my google account was already attached. Suddenly my account was listed, the play services error went away, and all my apps started updating.

So heads up to everyone that may experience this. Seems to be working fine now! Now to see if the battery life was decreased at all.

04-08-2015 02:51 PM
    Cool good to know. FYI my battery has been working great if you noticed any issues could be an app causing it. Other than that the Lollipop is awesome.
    Princepia likes this.
    04-08-2015 03:14 PM
    Ya! Actually, I've been neurotically calculating my battery life since I got my phone. (I'm still in the honeymoon period). And now I'm doing the same, and it actually seems significantly better already! A bit of a learning curve on the new battery stats. And I only did a cache partition wipe, no factory reset. (though my phone is only like 2 months old and I'm very selective with my apps) so that probably helps. YAY! Loving it thus far.

04-08-2015 03:28 PM
    My experience...
    I'm with Bell. Everything went good for me during the update. Phone went really hot during installation but came back to normal after. Some Google Play services crash but after restart, everything went smooth.
    I notice that my battery is a bit more hungry now with Lollipop with screen on. Inverse on standby. While sleeping, my phone was loosing 10% overnight with KK and now about 5%. I did a factory reset couple days ago and I see absolutely no difference than before so I'm not convince that this is a necessity.
    I'm experiencing some problems with my bluetooth connection in my car also. It was working perfectly before, but now, my music stutter at some random time. Never experienced that with KitKat. (But I was with my iPhone since iOS8 lol!)
    Clearing cache, factory reset, reboot, pair/unpair didn't fix my issue.
    Beside that, I love some of the new Lollipop features, like Smart lock and lock screen notifications.
    I also prefer the orange color for the messaging app (There's an entire thread on this )
    Princepia likes this.
    04-08-2015 03:35 PM
    Just updated. Everything went smoothly with no Google Play Services issues either.

Pretty snappy and the multitask button (whatever the left one is called) seems snappier as well.

Didn't wipe first which makes me nervous but all is well right now.

Home screen notifications are great. Was definitely missing that from my Nexus 5...

Posted from my Note 4
    Princepia likes this.
    04-08-2015 07:49 PM
    Ya, I'm actually loving it so far. I don't mind the color changes. Except less white would be better, but oh well. Battery life is exactly the same if not slightly better. No factory wipe. So glad there have been no major issues.

04-08-2015 09:09 PM
    Lollipop locks screen notifications are the worst

04-11-2015 07:55 AM
    Is there any way to get rid of the screen notification or at least choose what goes on there? I tried the device settings and can't even get the weather to go away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    04-11-2015 08:26 AM
    Can't change anything

04-18-2015 06:44 PM