T-Mobile Is Now Testing LP

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I really don't like Material Design and how it turned everything white-and-bright...it doesn't play 'nice' with AMOLED since darker schemes make it more power-efficient.

I don't like lockscreen notifications, and while I can turn them off, the Music Widget on the lockscreen is also gone, so if you disable those, you lose music controls on the lockscreen (plus, it seems Samsung screwed up and you don't get background album art on the lockscreen anymore).

Samsung also made the notification bar and notification texts really tiny. And you can't stop the pop-ups when you receive a notification (a-nnoy-ing).

New interruption system in LP, although bearable in Samsung's implementation (AKA: The Mute button), is really annoying.

The only thing that 'excites' me about Lollipop is Smart Lock.

So yea, 'Damn it!' is my initial response haha

Plus, just read all the horror stories from people getting their LP update for international Note 4's or the ones rolling out for the S5. NOT something I'm looking forward :(

gonzoks

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Anywhere between a day or two and a few weeks. Depends on what issues they find, how many times they have to toss it back to Sammy (who does the development) for fixes and re-testing. I would suspect however in this case you can expect it sooner than later.

gonzoks

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Now, I will say that I have LP on my S5 as well as my Nexus 9 and just love it on both. This could be a function of user preference, in fact I am sure of it. However, any concerns about usability or slow downs in both of those cases are completely unfounded. Either way, I plan on a full backup of my current install before I let LP on to my beloved N4 and if I don't like it there, back I go.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually getting excited now. I hope they also start testing Lollipop for the Note Edge. That status remains unchanged on the T-Mobile site.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Has the International Note Edge received Lollipop yet? Not sure... If not then you've got a while more to wait

I haven't heard anything saying it has internationally. I know that AT&T rolled out Lollipop for the Note 4 but not for the Note Edge. I wonder what the delay could be.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
All I'm really looking forward to is the GPS fix, which T-Mo has said is bundled in with the Lollipop update. I hope that any bugs in updating will be fixed with a factory reset!!

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I see that. Just thought someone might have heard something on when it will be released

Posted via the Android Central App

I saw on Reddit that someone in the know had tweeted it would be another 3-4 weeks. I'm REALLY hoping they set that date out so they could under promise and over deliver and have it out in a couple weeks at the latest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol