04-27-2015 01:56 AM
39 12
tools
    I know people have reported issues with Lollipop, but I have it on my AT&T Note 4 and I am absolutely loving it. No issues, and it looks amazing. Touch Wiz looks awesome with it!

Note in my house!
    04-25-2015 04:40 AM
    Anyone know if it's being released with 5.0 or 5.1?
    04-25-2015 05:13 AM
    Anyone know if it's being released with 5.0 or 5.1?
    I believe that it is 5.0, if it was 5.1 the site would've said 5.1 like it does for the Nexus 6.

I could be wrong, but as 5.1 would've been rather big news and possibly avoided a lot of the heat they have been getting, you'd think they'd have been very public about that.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-25-2015 07:51 AM
    I believe that it is 5.0, if it was 5.1 the site would've said 5.1 like it does for the Nexus 6.

I could be wrong, but as 5.1 would've been rather big news and possibly avoided a lot of the heat they have been getting, you'd think they'd have been very public about that.

When have you known a (un)carrier to be 100% forthcoming with information? I would love it to be 5.1. But I ain't holding my breath. Whatever version it is, I'll be jumping for joy if it doesn't have bugs. I'm thinking it might be 5.0.1, with a 5.1 release soon afterwards.Whatever it is, TMO better have a good excuse for such a late release.
    04-25-2015 10:46 AM
    It will be 5.0.1. Just saw them answer that question on twitter

Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    04-25-2015 11:28 AM
    Aside from cosmetic changes is there anything significantly improved with Lollipop? I have no interest in the cosmetic stuff since I'm rooted and running a custom ROM as it is (Dynamic Kat). Even performance and battery life aren't issues for me. There would have to be some major software features added to get me interested in jumping in early...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    04-25-2015 12:20 PM
    Aside from cosmetic changes is there anything significantly improved with Lollipop? I have no interest in the cosmetic stuff since I'm rooted and running a custom ROM as it is (Dynamic Kat). Even performance and battery life aren't issues for me. There would have to be some major software features added to get me interested in jumping in early...

There aren't.

Note in my house!
    04-25-2015 12:27 PM

I've heard from both Samsung and T-Mo reps that a GPS fix is included in the update. Given that I've been told many false things by reps I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt.
    04-25-2015 03:07 PM
    I've heard from both Samsung and T-Mo reps that a GPS fix is included in the update. Given that I've been told many false things by reps I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt.
    Ok that would be nice to have... I intend to wait until things settle down with Xposed and Dynamic Pop but it'd be nice to have GPS more effective and stable.

04-25-2015 07:58 PM
    So the 5.01 is the patch which fixed the memory leak issue? I hope it is. It would be nuts if tmobile released lollipop with the old known bugs.
    04-26-2015 10:01 AM
    So the 5.01 is the patch which fixed the memory leak issue? I hope it is. It would be nuts if tmobile released lollipop with the old known bugs.
    5.1 fixes the memory leak. It may not be present on all devices so we may or may not have it on the Note 4.

I know someone on another forum installed 5.01 on his Note 4 and had high memory usage. He then tried another ROM and didn't have the problem. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

I would wait a week after release before upgrading and see what happens.
    rexbitz likes this.
    04-26-2015 10:05 AM
    5.1 fixes the memory leak. It may not be present on all devices so we may or may not have it on the Note 4.

I know someone on another forum installed 5.01 on his Note 4 and had high memory usage. He then tried another ROM and didn't have the problem. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

Good call. Thanks for the info.
    04-26-2015 10:06 AM

True that because AT&T sent out a second, smaller, update about a week after the initial 5.0.1 that was basically bug fixes.
    04-26-2015 11:40 AM
    Based on rovo89's recent response to questions about running xposed on lollipop touchwiz ROMs I don't think I will be updating my T-Mobile Note 4 anytime soon... The whole reason I bought it was to root it and run xposed. I don't think I want to part with xposed for the time being.

https://github.com/rovo89/XposedTool...mment-96386801
    04-27-2015 01:56 AM
39 12