Complementary Devices to Note 4

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
My Note 4 is paired to my Galaxy Circle, Galaxy Gear S (which is my work phone) and to my Moto 360.

I have an iPad Air for work (company provided) and an LG 8" tab with LTE on T-Mobile's 200 MB free plan (I've only powered it on a couple of times since the day I picked up my Note 4 on release day).

Posted via the Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Note 4 all the time, at home Galaxy tab pro 12.2

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4!!
That's a great combination. I just can't seem to put my Note 4 down though. Maybe if I had a bigger Samsung tablet I would. But there are advantages to having the smaller device at home, like when using my Note 4 as a universal remote.

Note in my house!

motor96

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
That's a great combination. I just can't seem to put my Note 4 down though. Maybe if I had a bigger Samsung tablet I would. But there are advantages to having the smaller device at home, like when using my Note 4 as a universal remote.

Note in my house!

What made you switch back to your note from the Plus? What advantages did you find over using your iPhone? I have the plus and my wife has a note 3. She loves it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I forgot to mention I have a 11" Asus touchscreen laptop, but I rarely use it anymore. The only time I use it is to stream content from the internet to my TV that isn't available on Chromecast (lookin' at you, Amazon Prime Instant Video).

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I too have a Gear Fit which is pretty rad. It's small enough to fit on my tiny wrist and I get all the notifications I need. I also have an iPad Air which I really like. On a nightly basis I use my Note as a Chromecast remote and of course to get/respond to messages. I use my iPad to surf the net. On weekends I take my iPad and Note to a coffee shop and take online classes. I could take the classes on my Note, but I'd have to pause them to respond to notifications. Plus the content of the courses looks better on the bigger screen. Up until a few weeks ago I had a BlackBerry Z10, but it didn't get used for much other than installing leaks and then finally the official 10.3.1 update. I realized that it primarily sat on my bedside with a dead battery. It pained me to sell it, because this is the first time I've been completely without a BlackBerry for nearly 6 years. But, I used that money to pay for my Gear Fit, which I use multiple times a day.

Like you, I use an ipad air and Note 4. My BlackBerry Z10 is sitting in a drawer now. I was such a die hard BlackBerry user for many years, but I just love my Note 4 and really have no need for anything else.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have my HP laptop. I have to use it because my employer has specifics on our site and my tablets are not compatible. I use everything and both my tabs are Samsung

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I would love to sport a watch but my wrist is quite small and it doesn't fit well. I won't get a watch just to have it

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I would love to sport a watch but my wrist is quite small and it doesn't fit well. I won't get a watch just to have it

The video review of the Apple Watch by The Verge hit the nail on the head at one point for me, I have little to no interest in knowing what my phone is doing when I don't have it in my hands. At times my phone is already a distraction from important things but a smart watch would be worse. The coolness factor is there for sure but I just don't see the every day need for me.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Note 4, Note 8.0 (used primarily for note taking) and OG Note 10.1 still going strong. I use the phone for grocery lists, notes on the run (suck at texting and typing on the small keyboard, even with swiftkey), that's the primary reason I stick with the Note phones. I have a Mac that syncs with everything as well. The note 8.0 gets the least use of all of them, but like not having to pull out paper on my desk if it's nearby. Saves on Clutter. Also, my Note 10.1 I use for drawing every night and will have to be replaced when that goes. Need the extra real estate for drawing.

Honestly, I don't get the smart watches. I have my phone on me all the time when I'm out, at my age the bigger the phone the better to read things. So why do I need to spend $200-$300 for something else that does the same thing. It's nice sure, don't see the necessity for it. I've looked into Surface 3 (Their app store is a joke, nothing as far as drawing is concerned) and other Tablets, Nothing compares to the Notes with the Stylus. I'm hoping they come out with a New Note 10.1 this year, because the 12.2 is too big in my opinion for my needs.

t1328

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Surface Pro 3 as primary laptop. Use it with 2 screens and docking station as primary work laptop and doubles as tablet. LG G Watch R. The watch is something I didn't think I'd like. I decided to try it and haven't looked back.

Most frequent uses, while playing Google Music, changing tracks or volume from the watch the while walking. Google Maps navigation while walking again, especially on business trips. Very nice not to have to take my phone out while I walk to wherever I'm going.

Also use Keep while shopping, checking off shopping list items on watch instead of having to have my phone out. Lots of other uses. I use Chromecast occasionally. Also have a JBL Bluetooth speaker for music while I travel.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
What made you switch back to your note from the Plus? What advantages did you find over using your iPhone? I have the plus and my wife has a note 3. She loves it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk
I had been going back and forth between the Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus for months. I really like iOS, but I love the Note 4 and Android. The biggest advantage I see with the Note 4 is that it stands on its own and does it very well. I haven't needed a complementary device even though I have explored them. With the iPhone 6 Plus I needed my iPad. And the reason being is that the S-pen creates a tablet-like experience for me. The Samsung software provides a lot of functionality for me when being productive at work. And to be able to condense my tech down to just one device has been refreshing. The iPhone 6 Plus is great for what it is. It's an extremely efficient device. And a fun device. But, my Note 4 is all that and then some... and then some more.

Note in my house!

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Since I got my Note 4 I've been able to ditch my iPad Air 2 and use my Note or my laptop for everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge