06-17-2015 10:45 PM
47 12
tools
    So I have recently gone back to my Note 4 after my stint with my iPhone and iPad Air. Since going back to my Note, I haven't used a secondary device. Not even sure if I need one. I have always deemed the Note 4 as the ultimate all-in-one device. What are you guys using to complement your Note 4?

Note in my house!
    04-09-2015 08:19 AM
    I use everything. But direct use with my Note is my Gear Fit watch. This is a great compliment to this phone.
    04-09-2015 08:53 AM
    Had to sell my pad pro 8.4 since getting the note.
    04-09-2015 10:31 AM
    Just my Pebble Steel watch.
    04-09-2015 10:44 AM
    When at home I used to complement the Note 4 with an OG Note 10.1 (for the larger screen size). But it's been replaced now with a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (also replaced an old laptop too!). But anytime I'm away from home, it's solely the Note 4 which can do pretty much anything I'd normally do on the Surface Pro, just in a smaller form factor.
    This is kinda where I am. I don't really use anything other than my Note 4 unless I'm at work, then I use my laptop.

Note in my house!
    04-09-2015 10:54 AM
    I too have a Gear Fit which is pretty rad. It's small enough to fit on my tiny wrist and I get all the notifications I need. I also have an iPad Air which I really like. On a nightly basis I use my Note as a Chromecast remote and of course to get/respond to messages. I use my iPad to surf the net. On weekends I take my iPad and Note to a coffee shop and take online classes. I could take the classes on my Note, but I'd have to pause them to respond to notifications. Plus the content of the courses looks better on the bigger screen. Up until a few weeks ago I had a BlackBerry Z10, but it didn't get used for much other than installing leaks and then finally the official 10.3.1 update. I realized that it primarily sat on my bedside with a dead battery. It pained me to sell it, because this is the first time I've been completely without a BlackBerry for nearly 6 years. But, I used that money to pay for my Gear Fit, which I use multiple times a day.
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-09-2015 12:23 PM
    ...without a BlackBerry for nearly 6 years...
    I watched a movie with a BB Torch in it the other day and had a tear in my eye for a minute. I really liked the torch design. A Note Torch would be pretty sweet. S6 size with a slide out keyboard and a S-pen...
    04-09-2015 12:31 PM
    I watched a movie with a BB Torch in it the other day and had a tear in my eye for a minute. I really liked the torch design. A Note Torch would be pretty sweet. S6 size with a slide out keyboard and a S-pen...
    I loved that form factor. I also had a Samsung Windows i730 with same slide out keyboard. I loved both of those phones.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-09-2015 12:36 PM
    Apparently they're coming out with a new slider! Who knows when it'll be released, though.

BlackBerry Slider Preview - CNET
    04-09-2015 01:04 PM
    I recently got a Gear Fit, but I haven't been able to link it to my Note 4, and everything I find shows it's not compatible (yet) to Note 4. It's also not one of the phones listed on the Samsung site as being compatible. Is there a trick to getting it to sync? I'm going nuts and stumbled my way here looking for a solution. Thanks in advance
    04-09-2015 05:26 PM
    I recently got a Gear Fit, but I haven't been able to link it to my Note 4, and everything I find shows it's not compatible (yet) to Note 4. It's also not one of the phones listed on the Samsung site as being compatible. Is there a trick to getting it to sync? I'm going nuts and stumbled my way here looking for a solution. Thanks in advance
    What happens when you try to pair the two with bluetooth? It definitely works!
    04-09-2015 05:58 PM
    It says failed to connect with Bluetooth and the gear fit app both. Hadn't thought of Bluetooth before but ARGH!!!!!!!!!!! This is crazy. Was hoping the Lollipop update would be the fix, but no dice! Thanks for the tip, though :\
    04-09-2015 07:16 PM
    OMG nevermind, it worked the second time, THANKS, pantlesspenguin (love your name )
    04-09-2015 07:17 PM
    I have a Note Pro 12.2, 15" laptop and a dual monitor desktop configuration at my office. If I had to eliminate one item it would be the tablet that would go first. The laptop would be the last to go but that is a tough choice, I would much rather keep the Note 4 but at times you just need a PC.

I my opinion, the Note 4 doesn't really need anything else. It is a great stand alone item.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.
    04-09-2015 09:43 PM
    Note 4, Note Pro, MacBook Pro and Dual Monitor Windows based workstation for me. I can't give up any of them. I carry both the note 4 and pro with me practically everywhere.

The note 4 is a good device but it's too small for me to want to do any production type of stuff with. Multi windows is cute on it but short of referencing information between two windows it's useless to me on such a small screen once an onscreen keyboard is needed. It's great for reading emails and browsing forum posts in tapatalk but even web browsing is a chore imo on such a small screen. ..I'm spoiled by large screens! My workstation has dual 27's (2560x1440) and even that feels cramped lol.
    04-10-2015 02:44 AM
    Note 4, ipad air 2 and macbook pro are my main devices right now. Everything syncs fine and works well for my needs.
    04-10-2015 03:56 AM
    This question has been on my mind since my nexus 7 (2012) died. I've been thinking about a tablet to compliment my note 4 and laptop. But, I really can't justify it.... I have somewhat trained myself to take handwritten notes in meetings on my note 4. Heck, once or twice I had a three hour graduate class, forgot my laptop and use my note 4 to take a few pages of notes and it didn't even bother me. I do keep thinking it would be nicer to have a note pro 12.2 to take those notes on, but how often to I have huge Nate taking sessions these days, not often enough. But I'm a teacher and taking notes on the fly is what matters to me. If I were in meetings all day, maybe a bigger screen would be needed. But for now, I like the note and laptop. I find they work well together. Often I have my laptop open, for reading, while I take handwritten notes on the note 4.
    04-10-2015 06:29 AM
    And I have noticed the same thing in my usage. I have gotten accustomed to using my Note 4 for everything. Work, play, everything. And because I have invested a lot of time into the Samsung and Google ecosystem. So using another device can be an inconvenience. But, it would be nice to have another device that would have a bigger screen. But that device would have to be the same as my Note 4. Just to have a bigger doesn't seem to be worth the money or inconvenience of keeping up with 2 devices.

Note in my house!
    04-10-2015 08:26 AM
    But, it would be nice to have another device that would have a bigger screen. But that device would have to be the same as my Note 4. Just to have a bigger doesn't seem to be worth the money or inconvenience of keeping up with 2 devices.
    This is Samsung's biggest problem, they take a shotgun approach to product development and create so many different variants of the same products that the development of updates and integration of features across all lines becomes a daunting if not impossible task. In many cases it's as if they really don't give a & #* and simply crank out another product rather than improve upon an existing one via software updates. Having multiple Galaxy devices with different software versions sucks, especially if one wants key software data synchronized across them but the software versions differ to the point that files created on the newest version/device are incompatible with the older ones.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    04-10-2015 11:43 AM
    I would like to complement it with a Chromebook, but I don't use the Chrome browser or the Google Drive suite. I have been using the Samsung browser and S-note for just about everything. I only use Google Docs when I need to create a document.

Note in my house!
    04-12-2015 05:57 PM
    I still use my old Note 8 tablet quite a bit for web use and drawing.
    04-13-2015 04:17 PM
    I still use my old Note 8 tablet quite a bit for web use and drawing.
    You don't feel like it is a redundant device?

Note in my house!
    04-13-2015 04:18 PM
    My Note 4 is paired to my Galaxy Circle, Galaxy Gear S (which is my work phone) and to my Moto 360.

I have an iPad Air for work (company provided) and an LG 8" tab with LTE on T-Mobile's 200 MB free plan (I've only powered it on a couple of times since the day I picked up my Note 4 on release day).

04-13-2015 11:05 PM
    My note 4 paired with my gear s and that's all i need

04-13-2015 11:32 PM
    Note 4 all the time, at home Galaxy tab pro 12.2

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4!!
    04-14-2015 12:19 AM
47 12