04-29-2015 01:03 PM
32 12
tools
    Hi all,

Just wondering, coming from iPhone 4 and 5, I absolutely love Android and my Note 4 and can't see myself ever switching back to that old jail system.

Having said that, I don't use the S pen that much. I only use it for screen cropped selection (Smart Select) when I want to share something with someone.

I was just wondering how much usage everyone else here gets out of their S pen, and in what application (no pun intended)....

TIA
    04-09-2015 08:53 AM
    Do you know about active link? If you jot a phone number down in an action memo you can dial right from there or save the number to contacts, for starters. Go to YouTube for videos on the S-pen.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-09-2015 09:03 AM
    yup, familiar with the all S-pen features, I just don't find myself use it that much. Not sure why. I don't know if it's just a matter of using it more, or just no need to use it in the first place...
    04-09-2015 09:07 AM
    I only use it to take quick notes, and screenshots tbh lol

Sent from my Frost White T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4
    dannydyn likes this.
    04-09-2015 09:22 AM
    i hve had 3 notes, never used the S pen once
    dannydyn likes this.
    04-09-2015 09:43 AM
    I use the S-Pen all the time for all apps, mainly because it helps keep the screen clean from finger prints or smudges (hate those! ). Also like that it wakes the screen when it's removed from its silo and that it can be more precise than a finger (ex. for those smaller items on some websites). But I especially like the hover scrolling function (ex. hover near the edge of screen to scroll that direction), especially when using the stock Samsung web browser (other browsers don't support it).
    U wrote exactly what I use it for also like to use it for texting using swipe 😉

04-09-2015 09:58 AM
    I use the s pen to draw diagrams in my nursing classes and the paste then in Google docs. AL good for writing quick short notes and drawing.
    04-09-2015 10:31 AM
    Just to take screen shots and crop/organize notes into scrapbook. But not much really.

04-09-2015 10:37 AM
    I've been experimenting more and more with handwriting to compose short emails and the like. It's often slower than using a keyboard but it's a fun novelty. I use partial screen grabs a lot. I find it makes a much more functional stylus than anything else I own, certainly much nicer than using my finger. And it keeps my screen a lot cleaner.

I also find it handy for jotting down quick flowcharts and stuff.

I may someday look into a larger Note tablet for work, once our company decides what they want to do for personal devices moving forward. If I can start editing my corporate documents on it, it's going to change the way I use devices considerably.
    04-09-2015 10:53 AM
    I use mine for sketching and drawing, that's what I got a note for in the first place. I forget that I can use it for other things.
    04-09-2015 02:32 PM
    Got mine yesterday. Haven't used the S Pen, and I don't see myself using it very often. Screenshots are the only thing they have that I really use, and holding home + power isn't hard
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    04-09-2015 02:40 PM
    Don't us it on my Note2.
    I'll be buying the Note4 because of screen size,
    even if it didn't have an S-Pen.
    04-09-2015 02:51 PM
    ! I am surprised people are not using the the S pen, this is a great feature!. To learn how to use the Spen go to YouTube and watch the tutorials..also Samsung is offering free classes for your phone, at Bestbuy. I use the Spen on a daily bases..The technology for this feature is Amazing!.

Sammuel1973 likes this.
    04-09-2015 03:05 PM
    Honestly i barely use mine. I only use for quick notes that's about it.
    04-09-2015 03:16 PM
    Delete
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 4: How much do you use the S pen and for what purpose-screenshot_2015-04-09-16-14-20.jpg  
    dannydyn and UJ95x like this.
    04-09-2015 04:15 PM
    I find it very useful.

I literally drew a quick map on the fly yesterday to give someone directions and texted it to them.

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 4: How much do you use the S pen and for what purpose-screenshot_2015-04-09-16-14-20.jpg   Galaxy Note 4: How much do you use the S pen and for what purpose-66bd4e16-14e3-4b7b-a7d9-baec96505a19.jpg  
    04-09-2015 04:17 PM
    I have had a Note 2, a Note 3 and now a Note 4. Never pull the pen out.

Same does for my wife with her Note 2 and my daughter with her Note 3.
    plumcrazy likes this.
    04-09-2015 04:25 PM
    I have had a Note 2, a Note 3 and now a Note 4. Never pull the pen out.

Same does for my wife with her Note 2 and my daughter with her Note 3.
    I never use the spen, my wife uses it daily.
    04-09-2015 04:50 PM
    I use the S Pen daily. It's great for jotting notes, I just added a contact today after writing his name and number in an Action Memo. Also, if you open Action Memo while on a call and take a few notes, the next time your talking with the same number it will give you a shortcut to your note right from the dialer screen.

OneNote is also a great place to use the S Pen. Hand written notes on the go are just so much easier than trying to use a keyboard.

I also use it for the same reasons as above and I love making funny notes on a photo and sending it to my wife or kids.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.
    goin_nil and Sammuel1973 like this.
    04-09-2015 08:58 PM
    I use Air Command often. I also use the SPen everytime to scroll, type, crop, draw, etc...more accurate than using my finger. The SPen has much more versatility and accuracy all around. Try it!
    04-10-2015 09:05 AM
    I dont use it alot. I'm trying to get used to using it though .I forget that I have it as well.

04-10-2015 10:53 AM
    ...Also, if you open Action Memo while on a call and take a few notes, the next time your talking with the same number it will give you a shortcut to your note right from the dialer screen....
    That is awesome. I didn't know it did that. I rarely make or receive phone calls anymore but I could see this being very handy for someone that does.

The other very helpful thing that you get with handwritten notes (Action Memos, S Note) is with the S Finder app. S Finder will search your whole phone for text but it also searches your handwritten notes as well.

You don't have to convert the handwritten text to typed text. Your Note 4 automatically indexes all that you write by hand. So within seconds to a minute of handwriting some text, you can go search on it.

That's pretty awesome and powerful for people that take a lot of handwritten notes and need to reference them later (students, realtors, doctors, etc)...ok maybe not doctor's handwriting - but my handwriting can be horrible sometimes and this phone always amazes me how well it can recognize what I write.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    04-10-2015 11:34 AM
    My wife was traveling late at night and came upon some construction traffic on the highway. It wasn't safe for her to use her phone in the stop & go traffic while driving to find an alternate route. So she called me to check for her.

I pulled up waze on my phone, saw where the traffic delay started and ended. I found an alternate route (get off the highway at exit #55, take route 12 for x miles, turn left @ intersection abc, etc).

Instead of trying to tell her this and her getting lost or forget steps, I pulled up Google Maps and drew out arrows for her path, took a screen shot and sent it to her.

S Pen to the rescue!
    Connert and Sammuel1973 like this.
    04-10-2015 11:44 AM
    I use the S-pen all day everyday. It's my favorite language input method. I love just setting my Note 4 on my desk and just write on it with S-pen. I send texts, take notes, play word search, pretty I do everything with the S-pen.

Note in my house!
    04-10-2015 12:37 PM
    A new handwriting keyboard is available, Mystylus Beta. It works very well and will give the Samsung handwriting keyboard a run for it's money.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ile.v3_2_store
    04-10-2015 12:52 PM
32 12