i tried to use the fingerprint scanner and didnt like it. now when i try to go back and disable it the swype ootion is greyed out. and if i try to delete it, it won't let me. help?!
    04-09-2015 08:58 AM
    You have to go to Settings > Security > down to Clear Credentials and select it. Then go back to Lock Screen and it will be available.
    Good Luck!
    Ron
    You have to go to Settings > Security > down to Clear Credentials and select it. Then go back to Lock Screen and it will be available.
    Good Luck!
    Ron
    04-09-2015 12:58 PM
    Good Luck!
    Ron
    Why would you need to clear credentials before just going to Lock Screen and selecting another unlock method?
    04-09-2015 05:42 PM
    Why would you need to clear credentials before just going to Lock Screen and selecting another unlock method?
    Beast me but after you select Fingerprint Scan the options for Swipe and None are grayed out. Clearing Credentials allows them to be selected. I am on Sprint by the way in case this is carrier specific. I had to google it when mine were grayed out. The fix is out there.
    Good Luck!
    Ron
    04-10-2015 09:26 AM
    Beast me but after you select Fingerprint Scan the options for Swipe and None are grayed out. Clearing Credentials allows them to be selected. I am on Sprint by the way in case this is carrier specific. I had to google it when mine were grayed out. The fix is out there.
    Good Luck!
    Ron
    I was able to change it by just going directly to Fingerprint Scanner and turning it off. All choices were available. Nothing grayed out. I'm with TMO, so maybe it is carrier specific.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-10-2015 04:37 PM
    I think you have to clear credentials on lollipop since you are able to encrypt the device.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    04-10-2015 10:02 PM
    i am with AT&T and mine was fine until the Lollipop update. After the update i had to go and clear my credentials, otherwise it was grayed out. Thanks ronb!
    04-16-2015 09:54 AM
    I'm on Verizon and it is also acting exactly like that after Lollipop. I had to clear the credentials and then I was good to go.
    05-16-2015 10:19 PM
    Thanks for the tip! I almost went crazy when it kept saying it cannot be deregistered as some functions is using fingerprint. Geesh! But clearing the credentials worked for me! just updated to lollipop btw.
    05-18-2015 01:53 AM
    Good Luck!
    Ron
    Thanks for the tip! I almost went crazy when it kept saying it cannot be deregistered as some functions is using fingerprint. Geesh! But clearing the credentials worked for me! just updated to lollipop btw.
    05-18-2015 01:56 AM
    I was able to change it by just going directly to Fingerprint Scanner and turning it off. All choices were available. Nothing grayed out. I'm with TMO, so maybe it is carrier specific.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I'm with Tmobile also and I had the same issue. I'm running on the note 4 btw. Clearing credentials worked though.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    07-18-2015 02:45 AM
    The "Clear Credentials" under security is also greyed out.
    10-02-2015 09:26 PM
    The "Clear Credentials" under security is also greyed out.
    Try online using the find my phone portal from Samsung and select the unlock remotely. It will remove the lock even if the credentials thing is grayed out
    10-03-2015 09:29 PM
    hi just un tick everything in security - device administrators then you will be able to change the screen lock.
    02-26-2016 03:29 PM