Hi, I just got my Note 4 coming from a BB. How can I set up the LED notifications or do I have to get a separate app? Also, on the lock screen, the notification bar is really small can I make it larger? I really need a clear way to be notified of missed calls and texts. Thanks, I am loving this phone so far.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-09-2015 12:50 PM
    It depends on the app you're using. Some apps will let you customize LED notifications from within their own settings, some won't. For those that won't, you can use 3rd party apps like LightFlow to customize LED notifications for every app.

As for the notification bar, other than making the overall text in your phone larger (Font options in your settings), nope, you can't change the size of the notification bar.

There is a mode in your Note that can give you a quick preview of missed calls and messages when hovering your hand over it or that will vibrate when there are unchecked notifications at certain intervals, that might help.
    04-09-2015 12:58 PM
    Thanks, I just installed the app but it doesn't seem to be working either. I must have some settings wrong. Did you have to change the stock settings when you installed the app?

04-09-2015 01:21 PM
    I believe you need to activate LightFlow in accessibility Settings or something like that (I haven't used it in a while).

There's also a very cute app called NoLED I used when I had a phone that, well, had no LED. Since the Note 4 has an AMOLED panel, displaying black colors uses nearly no power, and this app takes advantage of that by displaying bubbles or dots or whatever you want on the screen itself. That way you can see, for instance, the Facebook logo floating around and the Messages one and the GMail envelope, all with little counters to tell you how many notifications are waiting for you. It can be set up to just light up at certain intervals and then just flash periodically if you left your phone unattended. This does drain your battery faster than just an LED, of course, but it looks really nice.
    04-09-2015 01:52 PM
    Thanks, I think floating bubbles would be great! I will definitely check it out if I can't figure out the problem with this LED

SpookDroid likes this.
    04-09-2015 05:20 PM