Lollipop Notification Vibration Update.

lyssct

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I love everything about the Lollipop update EXCEPT for the vibrations for notifications. In KitKat the vibration pattern for notifications was 2 short vibrations; however, with this update, it is one long vibration like you'd get if you were receiving a phone call. There's got to be a way to fix this issue....

I have tried going into my actual messaging settings, but the only option I have there is to turn vibration on or off. Then if I go into Settings and look in the Sound and Notification submenu, it allows to me to choose the vibration intensity or the vibration for calls.
I have also done the wipe cache and reboot, it did not work.

I'm not sure where else I could look, if I even have anywhere else to look! It's extremely frustrating not knowing what I am receiving anymore.

Oddly enough, my Facebook notification vibration is still the 2 short vibrations, so it still must be somewhere.

Any input would be great, thanks in advance!

Posted via the Android Central App

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
If you go to Settings > Sounds and Notifications > Vibrations. Do you see Heartbeat and other options?
Good Luck!
Ron

lyssct

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
If you go to Settings > Sounds and Notifications > Vibrations. Do you see Heartbeat and other options?
Good Luck!
Ron

Yes. I do see them, but it only changes it for the calls I receive and not the notifications.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Balastrea

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm missing the option to change the vibrate pattern for messaging. Since the Lollipop update I get the same vibrate pattern for ALL notifications which is quite annoying. While in vibrate mode I need to be able to distinguish between text, email and other notifications. What were they thinking!?!

ellocos

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
SOLVED - I use 'good vibrations' from google play - you can set individual vibration patterns for apps. While not solving hte question: can I turn off vibrations completely - you can set an almost inaudible vibration. Used on Moto G 2nd gen

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
It's absolutely mind boggling that they don't give us an option to change the text vibration pattern without having to resort to a 3rd party app, especially since you USED TO BE ABLE TO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12