Anyone Else Dislike Today's Update to the S-Health App?

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
The app is from the Samsung app store. The one that came on the Note 4 is anyway. Idk what that is on Google play store

Posted via the Android Central App

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
ok, strange, I uninstalled the update. I lost yesterday's and today's steps and workouts. I look this up using skatergirls link and it shows not being compatible with my device yet it updated yesterday. Now I'm up to date, no updates available. Wonder why it even updated to begin with

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am actually very disappointed that this app won't update. It looks to track more than what the current S Health app tracks, like finally water intake, and sports, which I suppose you could use for any workout. I wish Samsung had its act together. The updated version is on the S6, which is maybe why we are not getting it yet. Anything to get a consumer to buy something new. :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjPj4W1itiw

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I am actually very disappointed that this app won't update. It looks to track more than what the current S Health app tracks, like finally water intake, and sports, which I suppose you could use for any workout. I wish Samsung had its act together. The updated version is on the S6, which is maybe why we are not getting it yet. Anything to get a consumer to buy something new. :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjPj4W1itiw

yes, it has all of that but I'm good with the older version. Weird that mine updated. Now says incompatible

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Looking at the video posted, it looks like a feature I have always wanted is coming to the app. I often run on the treamill and would like to track those runs. Now I can use another app that will feed into S-health.

Note in my house!

tiarosi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I only had it 2 days before I rolled the update back. It had a bunch of extra stuff Skatergirl mentioned. Don't recall seeing anywhere workouts could be entered.

Rong21, how did you get it to roll back? I hate the updated version on my Note 4 & wonder if it's doable. I like the old version w/the "circle". Thanks.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Rong21, how did you get it to roll back? I hate the updated version on my Note 4 & wonder if it's doable. I like the old version w/the "circle". Thanks.

It's an exercise in futility. You will lose any data since you updated and will end up getting updated again. I woke up and my phone had re updated to the new. I finally said the heck with it and use Endomondo.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
It's an exercise in futility. You will lose any data since you updated and will end up getting updated again. I woke up and my phone had re updated to the new. I finally said the heck with it and use Endomondo.
It is coming from 2 possible sources. If you've got apps to auto update in either Play Store or Samsung apps store it'll auto update from 1 of them. Make sure auto is off on both app markets. Make sure to manually uncheck those specific apps for auto as well.
As far as losing data, do you have auto backup checked? Mine was initially gone but showed back up after a couple of days. I've got mine set to auto backup once a day and did a manual backup before restoring the app back to factory.
Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Mark Thompson8

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
It must be the worst update ever with the scoreboards now having apparently disappeared for no reason at all and the look and feel is infinitely poorer than the last version - on what planet is this superior? Do these guys actually test the app before releasing new versions?

Samsung - get your act together and reinstate the scoreboards or at least make them easy to find!

Roger Lamothe

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Like you NOT impressed! Can't find Scoreboard and it is the most important motivational part of the whole program. No Scoreboard - no S Health in my future! !!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital