Screen is not the main battery eater in Lollipop anymore?

bat0nas

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
With KitKat screen was always on top of the list.

What your battery options say?

c24e90d21b9e0f30ee305c9ad62c2c12.jpg

Sent from my mobile device

Last edited:

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I think lollipops battery burn report is hosed. GSam is reporting entirely different results. The GSam results are what you would expect, the lollipop results make no sense.

Agree. Switched to gsam on my moto x when it went to lollipop for this very reason. Using it on my note now for the reason

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I think lollipops battery burn report is hosed. GSam is reporting entirely different results. The GSam results are what you would expect, the lollipop results make no sense.

Gsam is reporting 15% more sot than system, seems to good to be true......

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Android system killing it. Noticed a few days ago that screen on wasn't at the top.

Attachments

• 1428724466857.jpg
    1428724466857.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 114

sensi09

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
You can prove the lollipop battery report wrong by leaving the brightness on high, watching the battery quickly die then looking at the report.

jbarrack

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
My battery life on Lollipop is all over the place. Either the battery is incredible and takes a lot of use to drain, or it will mysteriously drop 50%+ over 3 hours of sitting idle with no use. It's a total crap shoot on what I get from one day to the next. I've found that restarting the phone each morning helps the drain to not occur, but I never that issue with KitKat.

When I investigate, the culprit is always Android System. I'm pretty sure the root cause is the lollipop memory leak issue with a particular app, but who knows what that app is since it all gets pushed into "android system". GSam's breakdown is much better, but again, when you look into "apps" that are draining your battery it just points to Android System as the screen shot above shows. There is no granularity past that.

After I notice the battery drain a restart will fix the issue and bring battery life back to being great. But at that point, I've already wasted 50% of the battery on nothing.

maduro78

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
If your device is mostly on standby for a couple days your screen won't be at the top of the list. For obvious reasons its barely being used

Moto X 2014

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely like to know more than just the blanket Android system because really who knows what is using up the battery which makes the issue very difficult to address.

Posted via the Android Central App

lagunarad

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Battery report is complete bunk. I haven't used Tweetcaster at all and its notifications are off. Screen isn't even on the list even though it usually is about 4th on the list. That said, my battery life is nothing short of awesome.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-11-05-55-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-11-05-55-34.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 85

lagunarad

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Battery report is complete bunk. I haven't used Tweetcaster at all and its notifications are off. Screen isn't even on the list even though it usually is about 4th on the list. That said, my battery life is nothing short of awesome.

Also, why does it show WiFi on when it has been turned off for the past 15 hours?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-11-06-01-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-11-06-01-26.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 84

dukejake4

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
^It might be connected with your GPS systems for location. I think you can go under more networks tab or location and adjust it. WiFi and GPS are used together for more accurate location.

Sent from my Sammy Note 4

MalinoisK9

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Even with 5 hours sot the top user since 5.0 is android os. Not sure if 5.0 changed the way that the system reports or if it's something else. Did a factory reset about a week after updating to 5.0 because of this and the fact that some days battery life was normal and other half of what it should be. Battery life is back to normal but still have os using more battery than the screen which I still don't understand.

ELHHLE

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
My battery life on Lollipop is all over the place. Either the battery is incredible and takes a lot of use to drain, or it will mysteriously drop 50%+ over 3 hours of sitting idle with no use. It's a total crap shoot on what I get from one day to the next. I've found that restarting the phone each morning helps the drain to not occur, but I never that issue with KitKat.

When I investigate, the culprit is always Android System.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03