So I have been reading all these posts and complaints about battery drain from the new Lollipop update. I usually can get about 8-14 hours on one charge, depemding on usage. I would consider myself a moderate-heavy user of my phone during the day. So my question is:

Can someone please look at these pics of my battery (below) info and tell me if the stats look normal or compare them to your battery?? If my battery looks weak, any advice on how to improve it other than the usual advice people post on here like: restart or reset, sync, GPS, WiFi, safe mode, screen brightness, etc. Any help would be VERY VERY much appreciated!! Thanks!

Sent from my Sammy Note 4
    04-11-2015 04:56 AM
    It's kind of hard to say what's normal, but I think the main question is --- how does this stack up to when your phone ran kit-kat? Is it worse, better, the same or sometimes a mix of both?

For me, I find that my battery life on lollipop is either exponentially better or horrendously worse, depends on the day.
    04-11-2015 07:54 AM
    From what I see the screen wasn't on that much so that's why android would of used more battery. You've been mostly in standby. Also check for wakelocks that are keeping your device awake

Moto X 2014
    04-11-2015 07:55 AM
    Thanks guys for the answers! One more question, I have been browsing on how to find out which apps are wakelocks, but I still have no idea how or where to go to do this?

04-12-2015 03:22 PM
    search 'wakelock' on the app store.

also, I'm noticing a heavy battery drain as of late (past 2 days) but hey, welcome to Android. the Google play services sometimes ****s up with the sync stuff. it's pretty normal and it'll fix itself within a few days at most. if it doesn't then it is an app or some setting you have on that is indeed using up your battery. of course, this is all taking into consideration the fact that you didn't change any settings or didn't recently update to a new os version,and you notice a change in battery life out of nowhere. if you did, then that's another issue.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-12-2015 05:29 PM
    Thanks guys for the answers! One more question, I have been browsing on how to find out which apps are wakelocks, but I still have no idea how or where to go to do this?

Your usage looks just like mine. We have a lot of phone awake time when the screen is off. Ideally, the phone would only wake when the screen is on (and WiFi would only connect then too). I'm still working out what is waking it so much (already tried lots of factory resets and not installing apps) but Wakelock Detector as mentioned above is good. For non-root, there is a way to hook it to your pc to get the stats.

What's your normal screen on time in a day? I'm somewhere between 4 and 5 hours when the battery is down to 2%.
    05-18-2015 09:56 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my NEW Note 4.

Anybody got a handle on this yet?

I'm a power user though I don't do any gaming.
    It's just a todo list, calendar, text messager, surfer, etc.

I'm getting 4 or 5 hours most days.
    I drive a lot so I can recharge but I shouldn't have to.
    All other Android phones got at least 6 or 7 hours with the stock battery.

With Lollipop (my first phone with that OS) the Android system takes 5% of the battery, Android OS 5%, Google Services 4% and the screen is 4%.
    On EVERY other phone the screen has ALWAYS been the biggest battery hog, now the Android OS and Google is 14%????

That's insane!

I've tried uninstalling apps and it seems to help.
    It drains slower.
    Then I put 'em back on, one by one and it's still good.
    Then the next day it's not.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
    B
    06-02-2015 03:17 AM
    My Note is the same way. I bought a second battery and keep it handy.

06-02-2015 03:22 AM
    So did I.
    I have with every phone I've had.
    I also bought Zerolemon extended battery which kicks *** on my S4.
    I can get about 10 hours with it in my Note 4 but it's just stinkin' HUGE, and it should get 17 hours at least.

Somethin' ain't right and it's a damn shame.
    Note 4 is a killer phone otherwise.
    06-02-2015 03:39 AM
    So I did factory reset on the Note 4 today in an effort to troubleshoot said battery problems.
    Right now it's been off the charger for 6.5 hours and it's down to 56% with some decent usage.
    That's way better than it was and is probably acceptable.

Now I gotta figure out what I had done with my previous setup that dragged it down so much.

The tests continue.

B
    06-02-2015 11:37 PM
    what's that icon on your top left corner like a shield. it really looks like you have apps that are draining your battery. If you can i suggest you to do a factory wipe then monitor your apps majority of the drain comes from apps that runs in the back ground there's quite a few out there.
    06-03-2015 12:11 AM
    I have increased my battery life almost double thanks to an app called trepn. I think it only works with Snapdragon devices. See which processes are using the most CPU.

This is what I disabled and now I get decent battery life.
    I have completely normal usage except for turning these off.
    HELP! Galaxy Not 4 battery drain- android OS-uploadfromtaptalk1433317701670.pngHELP! Galaxy Not 4 battery drain- android OS-uploadfromtaptalk1433317707301.jpg

There is a battery life thread on xda. They helped me over there.

Best of luck.

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk
    06-03-2015 03:48 AM
    Update:
    I got the phone back to a usable state and the battery life is MUCH better!
    I got 11 hours yesterday and it was down to 5% when I put it on the charger at bedtime.

I'm not sure what I did differently exactly.

I was very particular about the apps I put on.
    I probably don't have as many widgets as I did.
    I don't have live wallpapers installed, which is kind of a drag.
    I think I might have had more than a couple of weather apps installed that might have been chewing up battery.
    I also had some email accounts that were checking for new mail too often, though I don't know why that would show up as being used by Android OS, etc.

This lack of battery usage has also made wireless charging usable.
    Using battery monitor widget as a guage, I could barely get 100mAh. Now I'm up to 400 and 500 with the screen on!

FWIW.

Good luck to all.
    B
    06-04-2015 01:45 AM
    Battery seems to be a hit and miss with lollipop. Mine was fully charged 7am today, it's now 7.25pm.heavy to mod usage, still on 66%.Very happy with it.

06-04-2015 02:26 PM
    So I did factory reset on the Note 4 today in an effort to troubleshoot said battery problems.
    Right now it's been off the charger for 6.5 hours and it's down to 56% with some decent usage.
    That's way better than it was and is probably acceptable.

Now I gotta figure out what I had done with my previous setup that dragged it down so much.

The tests continue.

B
    Yes my battery usage is always better after a factory reset, but I don't want to always do that. Hope this fix this. The wake locks are insane and I've tracked them down to something fundamental on the phone (not a 3rd party app).
    Attached Thumbnails HELP! Galaxy Not 4 battery drain- android OS-1437860229408.jpg   HELP! Galaxy Not 4 battery drain- android OS-1437860241624.jpg   HELP! Galaxy Not 4 battery drain- android OS-1437860253918.jpg  
    07-25-2015 05:37 PM
    I would say that your biggest drain when you were asleep was your phone's data radio looking for a strong 3g data signal/antenna .. If you have a good WiFi signal, I would try turning off your data one night, while leaving the WiFi radio on.. You have the choice of turning WiFi radio on or off when sleeping, or on when plugged in.. You'll use way less battery if your phone's 3g/4g radio isn't constantly searching for a strong signal that isn't there. I learned this the hard way while on a skiing trip. Our house was out of the range of any cell towers, and I woke up to a dead phone just a few hours later 😕

01-03-2016 10:57 AM