04-17-2015 04:26 AM
71 123
tools
    Thumbs up for S 6 .
    04-15-2015 02:31 PM
    Even if I didn't have a Note 4, Note Edge, and Note 3 I believe I would still prefer the Note 4 because I enjoy a larger phone. To me it seems like the Note 4 offers more. Again, the S6/S6e are nice looking devices, mostly.

🍶Welcome to the Dark. From the Note IV
    Neo_ii_Droid and geekaren like this.
    04-15-2015 03:20 PM
    Still loving my Note 4, the S6 is nice handled several in person at the local store. But the non removable battery and no sd card are big turnoffs for me. By the time the Note 5 comes in October my next upgrade, the S6 will be old news. To me the S6 is for women mostly with it being a smaller device. A huge fingerprint magnet too with all that shiny surface front and back. Gold platinum shown below taken with my Note 4.

04-15-2015 05:25 PM
    I thought about getting the S6 but I changed my mind. I invested in a couple spare batteries and SD cards. I use it a lot as well. My fingers felt cramped on the S6 screen from typing. I feel comfortable with a bigger screen. The S6 is a nice phone but it's too small for me. I hope the Note 5 will remain the same size as the note 4.
    04-15-2015 07:54 PM
    What did you like better about the S6?

🍶Welcome to the Dark. From the Note IV
    Faster and smoother and very fluid. Personally, I prefer the size of the S6. Also, I don't use the spen much. As a matter of fact, I tend to forget about it.
    04-15-2015 08:47 PM
    I would greatly miss a replaceable battery. On the rare days I expect heavy usage, I stick a spare battery in my pocket and am quickly back to a full charge when needed.
    04-15-2015 09:58 PM
    I tried the S6 edge the other day for about 20 minutes. It does feel a bit faster, but definitely not enough to make a significant difference. After using a Nexus 6 (broke after falling on ice), and now the Note 4, I found the S6 tiny and almost unusable. Like others here have said, once you use a phablet, its very difficult to switch back. I have the Samsung LED cover on my Note 4, and this makes it feel very premium while offering moderate protection without increasing size much.

Also on the audio front, mine is a US phone with the Snapdragon. Not sure what sound processing it has, but its by far the best sounding phone I've had when connected to my high end car sounds system. Finally, to those who are still experiencing lag after the Lollipop update, I had that and it was completely resolved by a hard reset. I can't over emphasize how much the hard reset improved the performance after the Lollipop update. The office is far quicker than it was on KitKat.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-16-2015 12:05 AM
    Okkkk... i had the chance to use almost every new smartphone on the market from rhe new nexus 6,htc m9,iphone plus,note 4,note edge, and now the s6....

I decided to stay with the s6 even though i like the note 4 size but there is no lag woth the s6. Touch wiz is a million times smoother. The camera is the dame as the note 4 except it snaps pictures twice as fast. The note 4 had some lag hete and there i jave yet to have any type of lag with the s6 probably because of the new exynos chip samsung is using instead of snap dragon. But the note 4 just doesnt compete as far as the software end goes. The s6 is truly a better phone from the screen to the speed to the quality. I dont care about removeable batteries as almost all phones will soon not have that option anymore as every new flagship phone ive tried all had non removeable batteries. The sd card slot bugged me at first but now i could care less as theres so many ways to get pictures and music with out using a card i dont care. You cant go wrong with either and i bet the note 5 will have a non removeable battery who knows abojt an sd slot. Samsung is following apple. But if you want a faster phone less bloat ware quicker camera better screen,better sound quality,better call quality, go with the s6 if you want a bigger screen go with the note 4. S6 is by far the better phone but if its size u still cant go wrong wjth the note 4. I lile the note edge better but thats my opinion.
    04-16-2015 12:47 AM
    Okkkk... i had the chance to use almost every new smartphone on the market from rhe new nexus 6,htc m9,iphone plus,note 4,note edge, and now the s6....

I decided to stay with the s6 even though i like the note 4 size but there is no lag woth the s6. Touch wiz is a million times smoother. The camera is the dame as the note 4 except it snaps pictures twice as fast. The note 4 had some lag hete and there i jave yet to have any type of lag with the s6 probably because of the new exynos chip samsung is using instead of snap dragon. But the note 4 just doesnt compete as far as the software end goes. The s6 is truly a better phone from the screen to the speed to the quality. I dont care about removeable batteries as almost all phones will soon not have that option anymore as every new flagship phone ive tried all had non removeable batteries. The sd card slot bugged me at first but now i could care less as theres so many ways to get pictures and music with out using a card i dont care. You cant go wrong with either and i bet the note 5 will have a non removeable battery who knows abojt an sd slot. Samsung is following apple. But if you want a faster phone less bloat ware quicker camera better screen,better sound quality,better call quality, go with the s6 if you want a bigger screen go with the note 4. S6 is by far the better phone but if its size u still cant go wrong wjth the note 4. I lile the note edge better but thats my opinion.
    I put my Note 4 with Lollipop after reset side by side next to the S6 edge, and found very little difference performance wise. The S6 was a few milliseconds quicker in App switching and loading apps. The Note 4 after reset was almost on par with the Nexus 6 in app switching and was the same in loading apps. Prior to the hard reset, the Note 4 was significantly slower and more akin to what you're describing here.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-16-2015 02:25 AM

Thanks for the infos, I am afraid of lags as I come from a long story of HTC phones, so perhaps the S6 is better for me,get one then perhaps I will upgrade to Note 5 when it will be out (and price dropped lol), I am ''afraid'' to jump into N4 train now and never come back to ''small'' 5.1'' screen, but in another hand I will use more internet browsing in summer using the phone because I will be away of my PC most of the time, so perhaps bigger screen and spen are better.
    SDcard is of course a big thing, we still don't have 64gb version of S6 in my country, my actual M8 has 16gb internal + 16gb sdcard but I have only 2gb left
    04-16-2015 04:22 AM
    ^
    ^
    The Note can indeed have that "Black Hole" effect. It can be hard to happily use another device but plenty of folks have escaped its gravity and gone to the smaller S6/S6e. I must have gone too close to the Black Hole as the S6 doesn't even slightly appeal. Those durned big screens.

🔊from the n.3 Monolith 🎧
    04-16-2015 04:39 AM
    The reality is the Note series is the flagship device for Samsung. The S6 is great now give it 2 month and the hype will die down. There is a new superior handset every 6 month.
    04-16-2015 08:32 AM
    Wow. Thanks for the info and the link. I hadn't seen that review before.

I had the note 1 and 2 before but went off trail with a Windows phone (1520) and my current m8 and have been looking for a replacement. I enjoy the m8,but the camera just isn't good enough, and while the 1520's camera was excellent... well we will leave it at that... Lol

I have a couple more months on the m8 so I am biding my time watching and researching and the Note 4 looks to be my first choice still.

If you don't mind my asking, does the note still have the Wolfson DACs in it? I love my boom sound speakers but I have some good wired and Bluetooth headset to use too.

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8
    If you have a couple of months left you may be best off to wait for the Note 5
    04-16-2015 10:22 AM
    Still prefer my Note 4 at the moment. Removable SD card and battery, as others have said, are a big plus for me.

Having switched from the smaller screen S series, I would not go back. The device size is perfect for what I do.

OP, you'll be fine with it in the gym. If you want, you can get an armband that will fit. That's what I do. I also find it easy enough to carry in a shirt pocket or jeans.
    Cool Jeff likes this.
    04-16-2015 11:36 AM
    Still prefer my Note 4 at the moment. Removable SD card and battery, as others have said, are a big plus for me.

Having switched from the smaller screen S series, I would not go back. The device size is perfect for what I do.

OP, you'll be fine with it in the gym. If you want, you can get an armband that will fit. That's what I do. I also find it easy enough to carry in a shirt pocket or jeans.
    This

No problems at the gym!
    04-16-2015 11:44 AM
    This

No problems at the gym!
    You can run with the N4 in the pocket?
    I passed by samsung showroom again today, for my luck they had the S6, S6 Edge and Note Edge close to each other.
    Dunno what happened but I totally liked the S6 in black and Edge even more, it's way more premium feeling than an S4 and S5, what I liked too with the S6 Edge that the Note Edge can't do is to show photos in the gallery even on the side edges (no black bars), but I wonder how is gaming with the S6 Edge if some controls are on the edges :/
    Everything was faster on the S6, from drawer to apps to camera, the Note edge was still on kitkat though.
    Screen on both devices are WOW, my M8's screen feel so old tech near them.
    Still the Note Edge and N4 have 2x louder volume output from the speaker, the S6 speaker was tiny, dunno how in the reviews they said S6's speaker was very loud
    04-16-2015 03:10 PM
    It all depends on if screen size, removable battery and expandable storage is important to you. I purchased my Note 4 a month ago and have no regrets. Looking forward to the Note 5 release.

Posted via the AT&T Note 4
    04-16-2015 03:25 PM
    If you're wearing pretty baggy shorts or small running shorts, I doubt it, unless there is a large enough zip pocket on the back.

For the gym and for running, I use an armband like this.
    04-16-2015 04:01 PM
    Yeah, I also have fallen into the "Black Hole", as it was described earlier. I had an LG Optimus G Pro which started having some LTE connection problems, so I replaced it with a Moto X 2013 - that was a painful transition, but the X 2013 was overall a pretty awesome phone. I thought about switching to a Nexus 6 for the larger screen, but Motorola had drawn me in with all their fun quirky features. So I got a Moto X 2014 instead.

I found myself constantly regretting it due to the smaller screen, "meh" battery life, and non replaceable battery. I heard from friends that the Nexus 6's battery wasn't all that great either, so that wasn't an option.

So the black hole drew me back in and I got the Note 4. And I got S-Pen as a nice bonus, which after using it for a while is just as addictive a feature as the larger screen.
    04-16-2015 04:10 PM
    I just went with the note 4 yesterday over the s6. I like long battery life (still with 60% after 11 hours of use today!) and the idea of being able to replace the battery and add memory. That's what helped me get almost 3 years out of my s3.

I'm happy so far!
    04-16-2015 04:32 PM
    I passed by samsung showroom again today, for my luck they had the S6, S6 Edge and Note Edge close to each other.
    Dunno what happened but I totally liked the S6 in black and Edge even more, it's way more premium feeling than an S4 and S5, what I liked too with the S6 Edge that the Note Edge can't do is to show photos in the gallery even on the side edges (no black bars), but I wonder how is gaming with the S6 Edge if some controls are on the edges :/
    Everything was faster on the S6, from drawer to apps to camera, the Note edge was still on kitkat though.
    Screen on both devices are WOW, my M8's screen feel so old tech near them.
    Still the Note Edge and N4 have 2x louder volume output from the speaker, the S6 speaker was tiny, dunno how in the reviews they said S6's speaker was very loud
    I usually wear, those adidas clothes with deep pockets. So I never had any issue, of course at first it won't feel right but after some time you'll get used to it.

If you can't get used to it, just get a low-end phone just for fitness.
    04-17-2015 04:26 AM
71 123