Note 4 or S6?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
^
^
The Note can indeed have that "Black Hole" effect. It can be hard to happily use another device but plenty of folks have escaped its gravity and gone to the smaller S6/S6e. I must have gone too close to the Black Hole as the S6 doesn't even slightly appeal. Those durned big screens.

🔊from the n.3 Monolith 🎧

trekk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
The reality is the Note series is the flagship device for Samsung. The S6 is great now give it 2 month and the hype will die down. There is a new superior handset every 6 month.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Wow. Thanks for the info and the link. I hadn't seen that review before.

I had the note 1 and 2 before but went off trail with a Windows phone (1520) and my current m8 and have been looking for a replacement. I enjoy the m8,but the camera just isn't good enough, and while the 1520's camera was excellent... well we will leave it at that... Lol

I have a couple more months on the m8 so I am biding my time watching and researching and the Note 4 looks to be my first choice still.

If you don't mind my asking, does the note still have the Wolfson DACs in it? I love my boom sound speakers but I have some good wired and Bluetooth headset to use too.

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8

If you have a couple of months left you may be best off to wait for the Note 5

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Still prefer my Note 4 at the moment. Removable SD card and battery, as others have said, are a big plus for me.

Having switched from the smaller screen S series, I would not go back. The device size is perfect for what I do.

OP, you'll be fine with it in the gym. If you want, you can get an armband that will fit. That's what I do. I also find it easy enough to carry in a shirt pocket or jeans.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Still prefer my Note 4 at the moment. Removable SD card and battery, as others have said, are a big plus for me.

Having switched from the smaller screen S series, I would not go back. The device size is perfect for what I do.

OP, you'll be fine with it in the gym. If you want, you can get an armband that will fit. That's what I do. I also find it easy enough to carry in a shirt pocket or jeans.

This :)

No problems at the gym!

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
This :)

No problems at the gym!

You can run with the N4 in the pocket?
I passed by samsung showroom again today, for my luck they had the S6, S6 Edge and Note Edge close to each other.
Dunno what happened but I totally liked the S6 in black and Edge even more, it's way more premium feeling than an S4 and S5, what I liked too with the S6 Edge that the Note Edge can't do is to show photos in the gallery even on the side edges (no black bars), but I wonder how is gaming with the S6 Edge if some controls are on the edges :/
Everything was faster on the S6, from drawer to apps to camera, the Note edge was still on kitkat though.
Screen on both devices are WOW, my M8's screen feel so old tech near them.
Still the Note Edge and N4 have 2x louder volume output from the speaker, the S6 speaker was tiny, dunno how in the reviews they said S6's speaker was very loud

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
It all depends on if screen size, removable battery and expandable storage is important to you. I purchased my Note 4 a month ago and have no regrets. Looking forward to the Note 5 release.

Posted via the AT&T Note 4

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I also have fallen into the "Black Hole", as it was described earlier. I had an LG Optimus G Pro which started having some LTE connection problems, so I replaced it with a Moto X 2013 - that was a painful transition, but the X 2013 was overall a pretty awesome phone. I thought about switching to a Nexus 6 for the larger screen, but Motorola had drawn me in with all their fun quirky features. So I got a Moto X 2014 instead.

I found myself constantly regretting it due to the smaller screen, "meh" battery life, and non replaceable battery. I heard from friends that the Nexus 6's battery wasn't all that great either, so that wasn't an option.

So the black hole drew me back in and I got the Note 4. And I got S-Pen as a nice bonus, which after using it for a while is just as addictive a feature as the larger screen.

brownsdawg

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I just went with the note 4 yesterday over the s6. I like long battery life (still with 60% after 11 hours of use today!) and the idea of being able to replace the battery and add memory. That's what helped me get almost 3 years out of my s3.

I'm happy so far!

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
You can run with the N4 in the pocket?
I passed by samsung showroom again today, for my luck they had the S6, S6 Edge and Note Edge close to each other.
Dunno what happened but I totally liked the S6 in black and Edge even more, it's way more premium feeling than an S4 and S5, what I liked too with the S6 Edge that the Note Edge can't do is to show photos in the gallery even on the side edges (no black bars), but I wonder how is gaming with the S6 Edge if some controls are on the edges :/
Everything was faster on the S6, from drawer to apps to camera, the Note edge was still on kitkat though.
Screen on both devices are WOW, my M8's screen feel so old tech near them.
Still the Note Edge and N4 have 2x louder volume output from the speaker, the S6 speaker was tiny, dunno how in the reviews they said S6's speaker was very loud

I usually wear, those adidas clothes with deep pockets. So I never had any issue, of course at first it won't feel right but after some time you'll get used to it.

If you can't get used to it, just get a low-end phone just for fitness.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1