I bought a Spigen case. Nice one with protective metal back and excellent easel arm enabling phone to rest in landscape mode on table allowing viewing of video or reading. Nice, BUT the volume button becomes so sensitive that frequently when picking up phone I inadvertently turn the ringer down to where it's inaudible. Spigen was very responsible and sent me a replacement part that did nothing and even more responsible to have sent me a different model case. That seems to be more difficult to inadvertently turn down the volume BUT when the phone is in my fanny pack at the gym and I'm listening to music or a book, a movement such as a sit up of simply getting up from a machine causes the volume to turn down. That's a total pain in the seat.

I had an Otterbox Defender on my S3 phone for 2 years and never had a problem. I bought Spigen based on reviews. I'd buy another Otterbox, but the price is ridiculous. Though the $40 won't break me, I have a problem purchasing products that are egregiously priced.

Can anyone on this board recommend an alternative?
    Princepia likes this.
    04-11-2015 12:21 PM
    I bought a Spigen case. Nice one with protective metal back and excellent easel arm enabling phone to rest in landscape mode on table allowing viewing of video or reading. Nice, BUT the volume button becomes so sensitive that frequently when picking up phone I inadvertently turn the ringer down to where it's inaudible. Spigen was very responsible and sent me a replacement part that did nothing and even more responsible to have sent me a different model case. That seems to be more difficult to inadvertently turn down the volume BUT when the phone is in my fanny pack at the gym and I'm listening to music or a book, a movement such as a sit up of simply getting up from a machine causes the volume to turn down. That's a total pain in the seat.

I had an Otterbox Defender on my S3 phone for 2 years and never had a problem. I bought Spigen based on reviews. I'd buy another Otterbox, but the price is ridiculous. Though the $40 won't break me, I have a problem purchasing products that are egregiously priced.

Can anyone on this board recommend an alternative?
    I have several Spigen Neo Hybrid cases and this is not an issue with them. I also have some Caseology cases that do not have this issue. I hope this helps. Good luck
    04-11-2015 12:25 PM
    I bought the Samsung case based on many positive reviews, especially with regards to fit:

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Case, Protective Cover - Gray: Cell Phones & Accessories

Many other Note 4 cases seemed to have fit issues, including some that end up scratching the metal edging due to movement. The Samsung case just arrived today and it fits like a glove and looks very nice. The buttons also work flawlessly. It does make the device a bit thicker, but I like the fact that the camera lens is better protected. It's also only 13 beans on Amazon.

Of course, I'll probably remove it in a couple of months since I almost always just go naked, but it's a new phone so I'll baby it for awhile.
    04-12-2015 02:07 AM
    Tech 21 classic mesh

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-12-2015 06:19 AM
    ^
    ^
    ^
    This. The Tech 21 Classic Mesh is an excellent protective, yet stylish, choice.
    04-12-2015 06:25 AM
    Incipio duo pro. Fit is awesome and buttons have great action. You have to push the buttons for the volume and power it to do anything. Case is smooth and sleek, good protection.

Jalopiejoe likes this.
    04-12-2015 06:57 AM
    I just got a Speck candy's hell and I love it! Nice protection and no bulk

04-12-2015 05:45 PM