Got my Note 4 a few days ago (absolutely LOVE it btw, coming from an HTC M7)
    I've just got around to giving contacts photos (I never did it on HTC, but the Samsung default ones have been haunting me. I was waiting for one those creepy looking guys to jump out of the phone and choke me to death).

Anyways, the photos I used were just ones I had of the contacts on my phone. When I select it they look perfectly fine on the edit screen BUT then in the contacts page and when I SMS them the pictures are really grainy. Anyone have a fix for this? Or know why? I am assuming it's because I have had to decrease the image size so much but like I said it looked perfect on the original edit screen before I pressed save.
    04-12-2015 05:04 AM
    I have the same issue. I believe the stock SMS just doesn't support high resolution pictures in SMS. I downloaded Google Messenger because quite frankly I couldn't stand the new orange top. It too has grainy contact pictures. I downloaded Textra (because I've seen nothing but.good reviews on it) and it displays contact pictures in high res. My guess is stock SMS just doesn't support it.
    04-12-2015 07:19 AM
    I have the same issue. I believe the stock SMS just doesn't support high resolution pictures in SMS. I downloaded Google Messenger because quite frankly I couldn't stand the new orange top. It too has grainy contact pictures. I downloaded Textra (because I've seen nothing but.good reviews on it) and it displays contact pictures in high res. My guess is stock SMS just doesn't support it.
    Sweet as.
    I used this and it looks MUCH better, so im using textra now.
    Is there a way to have a notification preview on the lock screen rather than the whole text message? looking through the setting it looks like it's all or nothing.
    04-13-2015 04:20 AM
    I believe it's all or nothing and I think that's because of the lollipop update.
    04-13-2015 06:31 AM