It seems that all my notifications (messaging, emails, system notifications) are all silent at all times, even if my sound profile os set to normal or vibrate, I get no sound or vibration from notifications. Has anyone else experienced this/any solutions?

Facts:

- I am on Sprint Note 4 lolippop (not rooted)
    - Do not Disturb mode is not on.
    -Phone still rings for calls.
    -Using the built-in email and messaging apps.
    -I tried the solution suggested in post #21 at the following thread, but it didn't work for me http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=457707

Thanks.
    04-12-2015 12:20 PM
    Sounds like something turned your System Volume off. I had an app a while back that had a bug that every time I used it it turned my System Volume off. My solution was find a volume app on the Play Store that included system volume as an option, turned it back on, deleted the app that was the problem, haven't had it happen again in years.
    There's quite a few free ones that will give you the option to change your System Volume .
    Hope that helps. The buggy app was a camera app,I don't remember which one though.
    04-12-2015 12:41 PM
    I didn't think that was the issue here, but I downloaded a Volume app, just to make sure, and that was not an issue for me, all the setting were on the correct level, yet I still get no sound. I also tried the SAFE mode option thinking it may be another app causing this as you mentioned, but even in SAFE mode the sound wasn't working. Thank you for the suggestion though.

I tried to activate the persistent notification reminder (which reminds you about a notification that has not been read after a set time interval), and the sound seems to work ok on that, it is just the initial incoming notification sound that is not working. So I don't think it is a hardware issue either; it may just be a Lollipop bug.
    04-13-2015 09:37 AM
    Maybe a Lollipop issue? I have the same thing on my S6 where I'll watch a message come in and it dings and vibrates just fine and a few messages later, zero sound, just the vibration.
    04-13-2015 04:12 PM
    I think your issue may be a bit different, for instance there is a setting in the G-mail app that you can set it to only notify the first message, but no subsequent ones, just head over to the app setting and go to notifications (click Inbox sound & vibrate) and make sure the "Notify for every message" is checked. That is one thing to check that may solve it for you.
    Andy847 likes this.
    04-14-2015 09:06 AM
    I thought I was the only one and going crazy lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-15-2015 08:06 AM
    JR,

I thought I was the only one too . I mean I did see the other thread (in the link I provided in the OP) where this was happening only on the Messaging App. But No one else seemed to have it happen system wide (on all notifications), until you chimed in (pun intended). Thank you for that, hope that 5.1 update will fix this.
    04-15-2015 01:14 PM
    Check to see if you have all sounds setting turned on. Go to accessibility menu scroll to hearing menu and unchecked the box that says turn off all sounds.

04-15-2015 10:51 PM
    Check to see if you have all sounds setting turned on. Go to accessibility menu scroll to hearing menu and unchecked the box that says turn off all sounds.

Not checked on mine, but thank you for the suggestion, I will check anything at this point to get this fixed.
    04-16-2015 09:27 AM
    Is the issue that your notification volume is turned all the way up and you're still not getting a notification sound? My issue is that, when I switch between Mute / Vibrate to Sound mode, my notification volume resets automatically to 0. When I turn it back up, I hear everything fine, but when I switch out of and then back to Sound mode, it's at 0 again. Trying to see if others are having the same issue and a possible solution.
    04-16-2015 07:56 PM
    Mine does show the correct volume on the meter when I switch between the sound profiles, i.e. 0 on silent, vib on well vibrate, and full on normal sound, yet despite that I get no actual sound or vibes on any of the profiles.
    04-18-2015 10:48 PM
    ...And now the persistent notification reminder workaround -- I mentioned above -- isn't working anymore this has to be a lollipop issue, My Pebble is the only thing left for me to rely on until this is fixed.
    04-20-2015 10:24 AM