NEED HELP lost Private files

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I recently had to do hard reset my phone due to some serious lag... and I lost all of my private files stored. (I am using a to mo stock N4). does anyone know how to get them back???? I amabout to lose my freaking mind!!!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's a way to get most of them back. First root the phone. Then download munky-tool to your computer and read through it to see how it's done. Create an image of the userdata partition to your computer (using adb), then run PhotoRec on the image file to recover all the files in it. (If munky-tool doesn't read like English to you, find a friend who can use a Linux command line to do it for you.)

You could also just run munky-tool from the phone, but every time you write anything to the phone you risk overwriting one of the files you're trying to recover.

(BTW, you do know that the whole idea of a factory reset is to delete all your files and personal data, right? There's no other reason to use it. [Even using it to fix a bootloop just removes the app that's causing the bootloop.])

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
dont want to root..... and i didnot lose all my photos just the ones marked private.... and I didnt lose any of my private S note files either