Hey guys, so I installed the update last week when the lollipop update came to Verizon. Now that I installed it, my battery life is pretty awful and my reception is as well. Im not however, having any lag or heated battery problems. Mostly just a very poor battery and not being able to make a call in my own basement. spent 2 hours on the phone with Verizon tech support, just to find that the guy really had no idea what to do or say. So, basically I believe I have tried almost everything possible but two things:
    1. Factory reset
    2. Safe mode
    I still am not too sure what safe mode is, or how it would help me fix my issue? If factory is my only option, what app do i use to backup my pics and videos and all that? OR, should I try to backup the least amount as possible so it's a cleaner new fresh start? Need some help...badly.
    Thanks!

Sent from my Sammy Note 4
    BullGuard8 and Nicole Gonser like this.
    04-12-2015 11:36 PM
    1) See Backing up an Android Phone.

2) Bring the phone into a Verizon company store that does repairs and ask them if they can please get it working for you.
    04-12-2015 11:47 PM
    you need to do 2 things that will change your experience entirely

you need to clear your phonețs cache first

take out your SD Card

backup your phonețs content, only contacts and files like photos and music

Turn off your phone completely

press the volume up + home + power keys together for 5 seconds until you see the Android d00d

once the Android d00d has finished working, you will get the advanced menu, from there, clear your cache partition, then do a delete all user data / factory reset

no your phone will be brand new again

set it up again by signing into your g00gl3 account

your contacts should be there the moment you sign in if they were on your gmail, now just put back your SD card and all your data should be on it
    04-13-2015 12:04 AM
    ---Thanks for the comment, but honestly I feel like there are plenty of people on here who either know way more or have experience that people at a Verizon store wont. I was having to explain stuff to the Verizon tech guy over the phone today because he had no idea what I meant, which didn't help me because either did i, but i just got it from posts on here and assumed a tech support guy would know.

---2 I am going to backup my pics and videos and follow these steps you have given me. I do have drive and airdroid already, so will either of these apps allow me to backup my content before I do the reset? Also, is this reset you have given me directions for the same as going under settings tab and selecting factory reset?

04-13-2015 12:17 AM
    ---Thanks for the comment, but honestly I feel like there are plenty of people on here who either know way more or have experience that people at a Verizon store wont. I was having to explain stuff to the Verizon tech guy over the phone today because he had no idea what I meant, which didn't help me because either did i, but i just got it from posts on here and assumed a tech support guy would know.

---2 I am going to backup my pics and videos and follow these steps you have given me. I do have drive and airdroid already, so will either of these apps allow me to backup my content before I do the reset? Also, is this reset you have given me directions for the same as going under settings tab and selecting factory reset?

1- you actually call and listen to these customer agent people? c'mon man they are no better than a robot reading scripts.....

2- no it's not the same, I have given you step by step instructions, I don't know what's so difficult about that

I am a n00bie to Android and when I had issues, I just googled and found out how to do it, nothing too techy or difficult about it

Also, if I were you I'd prefer a clean state and I'd prefer installing the apps again from the Google Play Store and redoing all the settings just to ensure there is no quirk here or there from previously bad settings. When I see do a factory reset, I mean factory reset in every sense, everything from a fresh clean start. Should take you no more than 30 mins to reconfigure everything really but it's worth every minutre of your time if you want to experience good Lollipop
    04-13-2015 06:08 AM