After hearing about all the problems so many had with the Lollipop OTA I decided to do it the manual way....
    I did a back-up with Kies and then did a fresh install through Kies (tools -> Firmware Upgrade and Initialisation) . It did take longer than the usual OTA update especially with backing up (for a freaking hour!). I disabled everything I could and ran the DeBloater prog right after of course. Then, I restored my back-up (make sure you pay attention to the apps you reinstall/back-up). I've been on Lollipop since Friday and I can say my battery is the same, and I haven't had a single issue at all! As a matter of fact my camera is even working better than before and I take LOTS of pics so I def noticed a difference. My only gripe was restoring messages had separated the group messages..
    Has anyone else updated via this same method and had a good experience as well?
    04-13-2015 09:51 AM
    After hearing about all the problems so many had with the Lollipop OTA I decided to do it the manual way....
    I did a back-up with Kies and then did a fresh install through Kies (tools -> Firmware Upgrade and Initialisation) . It did take longer than the usual OTA update especially with backing up (for a freaking hour!). I disabled everything I could and ran the DeBloater prog right after of course. Then, I restored my back-up (make sure you pay attention to the apps you reinstall/back-up). I've been on Lollipop since Friday and I can say my battery is the same, and I haven't had a single issue at all! As a matter of fact my camera is even working better than before and I take LOTS of pics so I def noticed a difference. My only gripe was restoring messages had separated the group messages..
    Has anyone else updated via this same method and had a good experience as well?
    I didn't use kies, (I installed the OTA) but I'm not having any performance or battery issues.
    04-13-2015 05:30 PM
    Factory reset and mine is doing great. Haven't updated my wife's yet as she isn't too keen on the possibility of needing a reset.
    04-13-2015 05:41 PM