So I updated my VZW Note to Lollipop via Kies & All is perfect...

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
After hearing about all the problems so many had with the Lollipop OTA I decided to do it the manual way....
I did a back-up with Kies and then did a fresh install through Kies (tools -> Firmware Upgrade and Initialisation) . It did take longer than the usual OTA update especially with backing up (for a freaking hour!). I disabled everything I could and ran the DeBloater prog right after of course. Then, I restored my back-up (make sure you pay attention to the apps you reinstall/back-up). I've been on Lollipop since Friday and I can say my battery is the same, and I haven't had a single issue at all! As a matter of fact my camera is even working better than before and I take LOTS of pics so I def noticed a difference. My only gripe was restoring messages had separated the group messages..
Has anyone else updated via this same method and had a good experience as well?

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
After hearing about all the problems so many had with the Lollipop OTA I decided to do it the manual way....
I did a back-up with Kies and then did a fresh install through Kies (tools -> Firmware Upgrade and Initialisation) . It did take longer than the usual OTA update especially with backing up (for a freaking hour!). I disabled everything I could and ran the DeBloater prog right after of course. Then, I restored my back-up (make sure you pay attention to the apps you reinstall/back-up). I've been on Lollipop since Friday and I can say my battery is the same, and I haven't had a single issue at all! As a matter of fact my camera is even working better than before and I take LOTS of pics so I def noticed a difference. My only gripe was restoring messages had separated the group messages..
Has anyone else updated via this same method and had a good experience as well?

I didn't use kies, (I installed the OTA) but I'm not having any performance or battery issues.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset and mine is doing great. Haven't updated my wife's yet as she isn't too keen on the possibility of needing a reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet