I use y Note 4 in a noisy environment. The loudest volume on the Note 4 is not the greatest, and the Extra Volume cannot be permanently latched on. To get a loud call volume I have been using the hearing aid function.

Before Lollipop it would stay on even after the device is restarted. Now after the Lollipop update the checkbox for Hearing Aid function stays checked after a restart but it stops running even though the check box is still checked.

Te only way to get the functionality back us to unchecked Hearing Aid and re-check it during a call. If done before a call it won't make any difference.

Anyone else notice this?
    04-14-2015 06:12 AM
    Is this what you are referring to? If yes that has nothing to do with hearing-aids as such. It provides a louder output from the speaker(s) for the duration of the call. Hearing aids work through NFC or Bluetooth.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...-aid-mode.html
    04-14-2015 07:25 AM
    The "Tic" box is under Settings>Accessability>Hearing>Hearing Aid.

It makes the earpiece volume permanently louder during calls. The "Extra Volume" function on the call screen has to turned on for every single call.

Before the Lollipop update the "Hearing Aid" tic box that I referred to above would stay on even after restarting the phone. Now after the Lollipop update, the box remains checked, but the volume returns to normal after a restart.

The only way to get it to work again is to uncheck it and re-check it during a call. If it is unchecked and re-checked outside a call, it will have no effect on volume.

I have factory reset my Note 4 a few times, but the problem persists.

It is kind of a convoluted mess. I was hoping someone else has ex[erienced this and knew of a fix. Possibly the Lollipop code broke it.

That same function still operates properly on my Galaxy Mega.
    04-14-2015 10:03 AM