Unlocking the Note 4 on AT&T?

tripleh3lix

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to sell the phone (yes I'm paying it off on next still, so its a problem to unlock with AT&T). The seller knows this and all that stuff, but he has metropcs. I called metro, they said they need the phone unlocked for it to work. Is there a way to successfully do this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring the next bill into an AT&T store and pay it there in cash (and get a receipt) - then they have their own proof that you meet all the requirements for unlocking, and a store associate can start the process going. (They may be able to get the unlock code while you wait, but it usually takes a few days.)

tripleh3lix

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Bring the next bill into an AT&T store and pay it there in cash (and get a receipt) - then they have their own proof that you meet all the requirements for unlocking, and a store associate can start the process going. (They may be able to get the unlock code while you wait, but it usually takes a few days.)

Don't have that option, no AT&T store near me in the next 50 miles. I have unlocking places though. My question is.. I know some devices are unlocked and some aren't. Is there a way to check for free? I don't have another carriers sim here. Secondly, if I do happen to pay for an unlock.. would it work if it's locked with AT&T next? I know sometimes it does and doesn't. I am paying it off, just trading for an iPhone is all and will pay the full price of the phone when I do upgrade next year (since that's my responsibility)

tripleh3lix

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Results
Whitelisted Whitelisted
This device is on the global IMEI whitelist.
Activation Status Assumed Clear (whitelist)
Device appears to be activation ready.

This is what I get on swappa when inputting my imei number.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay