I am trying to sell the phone (yes I'm paying it off on next still, so its a problem to unlock with AT&T). The seller knows this and all that stuff, but he has metropcs. I called metro, they said they need the phone unlocked for it to work. Is there a way to successfully do this?
    04-14-2015 09:38 PM
    Here you go.

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    04-14-2015 09:46 PM
    Bring the next bill into an AT&T store and pay it there in cash (and get a receipt) - then they have their own proof that you meet all the requirements for unlocking, and a store associate can start the process going. (They may be able to get the unlock code while you wait, but it usually takes a few days.)
    04-14-2015 10:21 PM
    Bring the next bill into an AT&T store and pay it there in cash (and get a receipt) - then they have their own proof that you meet all the requirements for unlocking, and a store associate can start the process going. (They may be able to get the unlock code while you wait, but it usually takes a few days.)
    Don't have that option, no AT&T store near me in the next 50 miles. I have unlocking places though. My question is.. I know some devices are unlocked and some aren't. Is there a way to check for free? I don't have another carriers sim here. Secondly, if I do happen to pay for an unlock.. would it work if it's locked with AT&T next? I know sometimes it does and doesn't. I am paying it off, just trading for an iPhone is all and will pay the full price of the phone when I do upgrade next year (since that's my responsibility)
    04-15-2015 12:04 AM
    Results
    Whitelisted Whitelisted
    This device is on the global IMEI whitelist.
    Activation Status Assumed Clear (whitelist)
    Device appears to be activation ready.

This is what I get on swappa when inputting my imei number.
    04-15-2015 12:31 AM
    BUMP!
    04-15-2015 07:48 PM