Can I transfer backup data to phone?

br808

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I posted earlier that a backup using Kies that I attempted took a very long time. I started on Monday evening and it was up to the last item to backup when I stopped the backup Tuesday morning. That afternoon, I backed up that last item and it took a very short amount of time. Makes me wonder what happened...

So I did a factory reset to (after my lollipop upgrade) and attempted to restore the previous backups. The one from that day shows up, I restore that backup...fine.

The backup from Monday/Tuesday AM did not take. I select the folder SM-XXXX_20150413204134 and I get a popup saying Cannot read the backup file information. Please select a different folder.

That long backup was almost everything. Apps, app data, etc, etc. All that data sits in folders on my macbook.

How do I get the backup data onto the phone or better yet the SD Card? Do I have to root (whatever that is) and transfer?

br808

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I saw a file folder icon on the kies basic information tab. From there I was able to transfer music, photos, voice memos, etc. Still not able to load the apps, data, etc. Basically anything with a .bk extension.