The Lollipop update for the US Cellular Note 4 is pushing out OTA now.

I've been hesitating to push "go" on the update due to all of the negative threads I've seen here and elsewhere about memory leak, battery life, etc.

Any USCC users who have already done it? For you AT&T and Verizon folks, has it settled in after a week and turned into a worthwhile update?

I'm fine with doing a factory reset/cache clear after it updates if that is what it takes, I have backups of everything I need anyway. Nova Prime will cover me for my settings on home screen, blahblah.

But I'll keep the update pending in my status bar if it is something people think is a complete waste of time right now.
    04-16-2015 12:16 PM
    Okay, fine. I'll be my own guinea pig. I got tired of the update icon taunting me. Too many people reporting good success with partition wipe and factory reset as a last resort.

So far, up and running for about 30 minutes on the new update. I like the look so far. Not that much different with Nova Prime running.

Noticeable battery performance difference (worse) at the moment, but I am attributing that to the system reindexing itself for right now. The back of the phone is warmer than normal, so that tells me the CPU is kicking along much higher than it normally does. We'll see what happens as it settles down.
    04-16-2015 02:03 PM
    So far, so good. Seems to be back to normal on running temps and activity. No factory reset or cache wipe needed yet.
    04-16-2015 05:03 PM
    So far, so good. Seems to be back to normal on running temps and activity. No factory reset or cache wipe needed yet.
    I have us cellular my battery doesn't last long

Galaxy Note4
    04-16-2015 07:40 PM
    I am glad you took the plunge!

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-17-2015 09:16 AM
    So far today, I am noticing slightly higher (but not crippling) battery drain. I have now done a cache wipe and reboot. We'll see how that improves things. I'll hold off on a factory reset for now.
    04-17-2015 09:19 AM
    I did the update yesterday (5.0.1) and have a couple of minor glitches - the back button on the R isn't always responsive making it difficult getting out of an app. Doesn't always happen - most prominent with Flipboard. Then I'll get a black screen for a few seconds, and have to hit the home button to get back to the default home page. I'm also seeing episodes of freezing in-app. Besides this, I find the speed has improved enormously. I haven't seen a change in battery drain. I did not do a factory reset before or after updating, and, although I backed everything up before installing the update, everything survived intact.
    04-19-2015 01:48 AM
    So far this weekend, after doing the cache clear on Friday, things seem back to normal. Battery life is excellent.
    04-19-2015 06:32 AM