I mean really slow charging. And, I have no idea why. I did a factory rest after the Lollipop update. I tried unchecking the fast charging box, then rechecking it. I don't know what has happened. I tested it a while ago, and on the battery part if the settings page it told me that I was a 92%, and it would take 28 minutes to fully charge. 28 minutes for 8%. Has anybody else had this problem, and have any ideas? I bought this at Best Buy about a month and a half ago.
    04-16-2015 12:39 PM
    Fast charging turns off above 75-80% charge. Although 28 minutes to charge the last 10% does sound a little long, it should take longer to get from 90-100 than it does from 50-80.
    04-16-2015 12:41 PM
    See, this is what I'm talking about. Again, I ask; does anyone have the same problem or know what to do about it?

04-16-2015 10:45 PM
    Yes I do I am on my 3rd phone because of this. I am in two other post as well. If you plug it up to a computer will the CPU recognize it? I'm going to say no. To my knowledge there is no fix. I got my third one this week

What chargers do you use to charge your phone? I use the Samsung one and the Verizon one. I think the Verizon one IAS the culprit but I'm just guessing

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-16-2015 11:20 PM
    A) Yes, it does recognize it.

B) I use the Samsung one that cam with my phone (AT&T carrier). It worked at first. Then, out of nowhere, my fast charging capability was gone.
    04-17-2015 07:07 AM
    A) Yes, it does recognize it.

B) I use the Samsung one that cam with my phone (AT&T carrier). It worked at first. Then, out of nowhere, my fast charging capability was gone.
    Taking it back might be your only option. A complete wipe didn't even fix it for me. It has to be hardware. I'm afraid to even plug the new one up because of this.

04-17-2015 07:33 AM
    Check different cables. When my fast charging started getting sporadic, I thought it was the lollipop update.

I ordered a fast charging multihub just because, and noticed the same sporadic success when I use the Note's cable with it. When I use the cable that came with the multihub, fast charging never activated. The manufacturer said they would send me a new usb cable. Since I didn't think that was the problem, I tried one of my other cables (from an ancient Palm Pre), and lo and behold, I have fast charging 100% of the time again.

Go figure.

04-17-2015 08:53 AM
    Are you still using the Samsung fast charging wall plug AND the same cable? If not, the cable is possibly the problem. The cable that came in the box with your phone is capable of handling the amp load the fast charger is using. Cheaper generic cables are not always rated for that.

Fast charging is not going to work when you are charging via another device, i.e. if you are plugged into your laptop or a power bank.
    04-17-2015 09:37 AM
    I think he is saying he is having slow charging regardless of what cable he is using or what it is plugged into. At least that was my problem.

04-17-2015 10:44 AM
    Actually, I have always been using - and am only talking about - the fast charger that and cable that came with the device. When I plug it, it reads "fast charger connected," and it worked at first. Then, recently, it got sloooow.
    04-17-2015 11:56 AM
    Did this ever get resolved?? I have a similar problem:

About a year ago the Fast Charging stopped working.
    'Normal' charging from the Samsung Fast Charger with Samsung cable is very very slow - same is also true of charging from PC USB ports or any other high power AC USB charger (Anker).

Battery % will drop while plugged into the charger if I am browsing the web etc...
    Strange thing is if I plug it into my car charger it charges realy fast - many times fater than any AC power supply I have tried.

I have replaced the battery with one from a Samsung service centre - twice - and used a known working Samsung FastCharger and cable from another Samsung phone that is charging fine and used other cables and chargers that work fine Fast Charging other Samsung phones we have.

I have tried it with both the Fast Charging enabled and disabled in teh Battery settings and Ac charging performance is terrible no matter what.

Also around the same time I lost USB connection to PCs.
    When I connect via USB the PC pops up a message "USB Device not recognised".
    I've tried this on a few different PC's & laptops - same issue.
    I've enabled developer mode and checked the USB config - switched it from MTP to Charging and back again - no different.

I have also tried a full factory reset of the phone and stripped off all but essential apps.
    This has made no difference - still terrible charging performance from AC chargers (but good from car chargers) and still no USB connectivity to PC's.

Any ideas???
    01-15-2018 08:14 AM
    terrible charging performance from AC chargers (but good from car chargers) and still no USB connectivity to PC's.

Any ideas???
    That's a head-scratcher for sure. In theory fast charging is fast charging and it should make no difference whether it is car or home - the QC2 standard is the same.

The only difference I know if is that QC2 (and in theory your Note 4) supports 12V charging, whereas all of the Samsung chargers I have ever seen only support the 5V (regular charging) and 9V QC modes. I bought Aukey QC chargers for both my car and my house and they both support 12V, and the difference between that and the "normal" QC 9V charging is impressive.

The only hypothesis I have is that somehow the "I want to charge at 9V" signal is somehow not happening over your data lines for the same reason that PCs cannot recognize it, but somehow the "I want to charge at 12V" is a different enough signal that it is somehow punching through the damage.

Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me, either, but it's all I got for a hypothesis.

Aukey fast chargers are cheap and well-built. Get an AC one and see if it works? That's the only fix I can think of.
    01-22-2018 04:10 PM