Lollipop

maaron1300

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I was waiting for the lollipop update to show up on verizon forever.... Now that I've had it for a week or so, I wish I didn't get it. My phone is starting to annoy me know with lots of little issues I never had before. General lagginess and stuttering opening and switching apps and while watching video, crappy battery life, slow charging etc. It also seems like my phone has been getting a lot more warm (even hot) than it used to.

bharding08

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I keep having problems with my memory card and battery drain. Have to unmount my sd card daily. Never did it once with kit kat. Anyone else having that problem?

Posted via the Android Central App

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you done a factory reset? I know it's not fun to do, but sometimes necessary.

Agree.

Factory resets take 1-3 hours of life, depending on the level of one's customization. Isn't this option better than hating a phone for weeks and months on end.

Upgrades don't make phones worse. They make them better. Some apps goes rogue after a huge OS update. No big deal. Clean up the phone with a fresh canvas and all will be well.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dial square

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I decided to avoid updating. For those who don't want it, just decline the update. Then, go to application manager and force close the "sdm" app and it will no longer pester you to update.
If you decide to proceed with it later, you can always do it manually. I plan to stay with 4.4.4 for the life of the device.