06-22-2015 11:35 AM
36 12
tools
    No, I think you have a valid point here. If Samsung decide to go with a sealed in battery and non expandable memory on the Note 5, then they have created a level playing field, and for that they deserve to suffer from people choosing another manufacturer for aping Apple!

Posted via the Android Central App
    If samsung made the note 5 like they did the s6, I will be riding with my note 4 till the wheels fall off!! Lol
    m5rahul and Jouten like this.
    04-19-2015 10:13 AM
    I had the s6 edge for 3 days and its going back to amazon...I love my note 4

Jouten likes this.
    04-19-2015 10:17 AM
    Speculation based on Samsung history. Unless the iPhone 7 comes with removable battery and removable memory look for the Note 5 to be sealed also.
    Does the S3 look like a Note 2
    Does the S4 Look like a Note 3
    Does the S5 look like a Note 4
    Did the S6 Edge use the Same edge as the Note 4 Edge?

None of the above, these are two separate devices. Stop acting like you know for a FACT that the Note 5 is going to be a 5.7" S6 because it's Not.... again, you are pulling speculation based off Nothing right out of your behind.

The Note series is a PRODUCTIVITY device, I seriously doubt samsung will take away the removable batter or the SD card slot.
    The S series is the iPhone comp, not the note series.
    04-19-2015 11:51 AM
    I have both the Note 4 and just got in last Thursday the New Galaxy S6 128GB from Verizon. I can tell you after playing around with the S6 for a few days I'm right back on the Note 4. The S6 is a fast/slick little phone but feels like a tiny toy that my 13 year daughter should be playing with. After having the Note 4 since launch this tiny S6 has absolutely nothing on the Note 4. If we don't give the S6 to our daughter I'm thinking about just returning it. Paid $800. Cash for it.

Bottom line, the S6 has nothing on the Note 4. I'll play with the S6 for a couple days but just make a refund out of it.

Does Verizon make you pay a restocking fee if you return a phone got 3 days ago?
    Yes they do I believe.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk
    04-19-2015 12:25 PM
    Samsung's history has typically been about user-replaceable batteries and SD cards with the recent S6/S6 Edge the exception. That's not a very strong case that the Note 5 will follow suit. These are two different lines of devices designed for different types of users. So one does NOT necessarily follow the other. Also what relevance does the next iPhone have to do with it? They've ALWAYS had a sealed/embedded battery. Also just to point out the iPhone 7 won't be released until fall of 2016 when the Note 6 is due. The iPhone 6S will be this fall which is when the Note 5 is expected to drop.

Finally, while this is far from conclusive I think the excerpt below from Trusted Reviews provides a good hint that the Note 5 will most likely maintain a user-replaceable battery.

Excerpt:
    "Although Samsung will continue this push for a premium look and feel with the Note 5, those hoping for a fully metal handset look set to miss out. According to Samsung’s designers, the Note 4 omitted a full metal body over fears the handset would be too ‘hard and cold’.

“The designers have been aware of people’s desire for a metal frame. However, using metal material just for the sake of using it didn’t make much sense,” one of Samsung’s lead designers said via an official company blog post.

They added: “One thing the designers did not want to do was to use metal and give out the sense that the device is too hard and cold.

“The soft cover allows the user to change batteries, which is also a big part of the user experience of the Galaxy Note 4.”"
    I hope you are correct and the S6 is not the future of Samsung .
    04-19-2015 07:11 PM
    Does the S3 look like a Note 2
    Does the S4 Look like a Note 3
    Does the S5 look like a Note 4
    Did the S6 Edge use the Same edge as the Note 4 Edge?

None of the above, these are two separate devices. Stop acting like you know for a FACT that the Note 5 is going to be a 5.7" S6 because it's Not.... again, you are pulling speculation based off Nothing right out of your behind.

The Note series is a PRODUCTIVITY device, I seriously doubt samsung will take away the removable batter or the SD card slot.
    The S series is the iPhone comp, not the note series.
    I never stated anything ad being fact but FACT; Samsung has been sued and found guilty of cloning Apple on more than 1 occasion.
    It's a forum. Chill out.
    brad419 likes this.
    04-19-2015 07:12 PM
    Verizon has a restock fee if you change your mind on the way to the car while still in the parking lot, even if its unopened.
    Not all of them do. Store that I use has a 14 day no hassle exchange. just ask them first. This may not be the rule for Verizon, but maybe my store has such a high success rate of people being happy with their new phone so this is not a problem...? Just ask first.

04-19-2015 08:55 PM
    It could be just an authorized 3rd party retail store. They 'look' like Verizon, but they are just a Verizon approved outlet.
    04-21-2015 06:51 PM
    Speculation based on Samsung history. Unless the iPhone 7 comes with removable battery and removable memory look for the Note 5 to be sealed also.
    Anyway,op, with a new phone give it at least 5 days before deciding on battery life. We have a tendency to use our new phones a lot more the first week as we set things up, play with settings, check battery stats more often, etc while the cpu and battery are calibrating a real world overall battery life. What your average battery life is after 5-10 days is about what it'll be unless an app goes rogue on you or other calamity.
    Me personally, I'm an s-penaholic so that makes my decision easier when deciding between Samsung devices.
    I gave it 10 days and it went back yesterday. Bought a Note 4 from swappa in mint condition for 430 shipped. I am now a happy tiger again
    04-21-2015 07:07 PM
    I had an S6, it's a cool phone but hated the glass back making it too fragile!
    Speaker location is slightly better than Note 4 when you put the phone on a soft surface like a bed,but will get muffled in hand LOL.
    Surprisingly the battery percentage icon is bigger than on Note 4, and themes are cool.
    But the screen of the Note4 and Note Edge are still more pleasant to the eyes.The S6 suffers from pinkish whites.
    I now have a M9 and bought a 64GB SD, I never thought memory space is so important, that's why if I had to pick up between a Note 4 with SD card and Note 5 a la S6 without SD then it will be the Note 4.
    The Note Edge thanks to its Edge ''novelty'' will win a couple months more than Note 4 before considered as ''old'', if it's important to you
    06-22-2015 05:33 AM
    I've had the S6 for 3 days now. Everything is smooth and fast on the S6, but the battery life is not so great.

I am thinking of exchange the S6 for the Note 4 (had it before and gave it to my brother) or should I wait for the Note 5?
    I have a Nokia 635 as backup phone

Thanks.
    I recently just switched back to the Note 4 from the S6. It was a great phone but I found that the screen was just a little too small for my liking. It needed to be at least 5.5.
    06-22-2015 11:35 AM
36 12