What's the best Launcher for the Note 4?

Heather Craig1

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
I have used the Next Launcher for several years and on several devices. I'm a huge fan of its versitiliy and ease of use. I don't pay for many apps but I will pay for a good launcher and, in my experience, the Next Launcher is about as good as they come. Have never used Nova/Nova Prime so, perhaps, I don't know what I'm missing.

rdimedic

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I use Apex. I love how I can swipe to scroll through the bottom buttons without moving screens. I'm sure other launchers can do the same but Apex is the first launcher I've ever used.

Posted via the Android Central App

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Lolipop launcher since a few months now, very customizable and clean. Google launcher is about the same style. The google bar stays on screen even with every flip of the page.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Same here, have nova prime, apex pro and have tried aviate, action launcher, google now but the fluid experience and great battery life i get on touchwiz is great.
Only gripe is 4 by 4 grid but this can be solved by folders on dock and home so everything is easily accesible.
I think touchwiz has come long way and i gave up on google keyboard too use stock now. Each to their own.

Posted via the Android Central App

What did you mean by great battery life? Do you actually notice a difference among launchers? I could see Google Launcher taking more batter bc of Now, but Nova vs Stock I would think is identical for battery use.

GuccizBud

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I just never use launchers. I bought Apex a few years ago and used it a while with my Galaxy S and have tried it and others, on all my Note series phones. I tend to experience too much lag with a launcher.

Sounds to me like you're using devices that are several years old. The OP was originally asking for his Note® 4, on which one will never experience lag, no matter the launcher. Heck I never saw lag on my old Note® Ⅱ either, haven't seen any at all in fact since my very first device (the venerable GT-i9000… aah, those were the days) purchased back in 2010.

For reference this is an alphabetical list of launchers mentioned in this thread… as it so happens, there are 10 of 'em, so this is the unofficial Android Central list of best launchers, 2015 edition :

 • Action
 • Apex *
 • Apus
 • Aviate
 • Dodol
 • Go!
 • Google Now *
 • Next *
 • Nova *
 • Solo

Ones with the “ * ” asterisk were mentioned the most.

Last edited:

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Stock Samsung / Touchwiz Launcher.

While Nova gets battery battery life for me, it isn't enough to warrant using it as even if you have "aggressive desktop" checked, it still redraws when you clear memory. Apex does not do that, but then it leaves the ongoing notification in your notification screen because it's locked into memory. Both are annoying. Launcher redraws on a phone with these specs is lame.

If there is another launcher out there that isn't filled with bloatware puss that stays locked in memory and provides badge notifications, I'd love to know. I do know that Action, Solo, etc. are not the answer.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Sounds to me like you're using devices that are several years old. The OP was originally asking for his Note® 4, on which one will never experience lag, no matter the launcher. Heck I never saw lag on my old Note® Ⅱ either, haven't seen any at all in fact since my very first device (the venerable GT-i9000… aah, those were the days) purchased back in 2010.

For reference this is an alphabetical list of launchers mentioned in this thread… as it so happens, there are 10 of 'em, so this is the unofficial Android Central list of best launchers, 2015 edition :

 • Action
 • Apex *
 • Apus
 • Aviate
 • Dodol
 • Go!
 • Google Now *
 • Next *
 • Nova *
 • Solo

Ones with the “ * ” asterisk were mentioned the most.

Na Kelly has had at least the Note 4 and now the 5, I've seen her in a lot of threads.

I tried Nova and Apex... I might go back to try Nova again but only if the black screen write still works

d4691

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Nova prime. was cheap and tried other free launchers.. finally decided to spend the couple $$, and it def is worth it. Shame on me for waiting, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34