RAW (DNG) Images?

MotorCityinaBox

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I have waited for the Lollipop update for the ability to shoot raw. In fact, it is the main reason I got the Note 4. However, I can't get any camera program to shoot raw. L Camera crashes immediately. Camera FV-5 has the option (Enable DNG raw capture) but it's grayed out.

I did some googling and I believe it has to do with some type of firmware of the camera. Camera2 or something? I'm not sure.

Does anyone shoot raw or has anyone figured out how to shoot raw? Please let me know.

Fedginator

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
The api for manual controls (com.android.hardware.camera2 i believe) is optional and only seems to be included in nexus phones. extremely frustrated by this myself - i was looking forward to it on my moto x as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
The api for manual controls (com.android.hardware.camera2 i believe) is optional and only seems to be included in nexus phones. extremely frustrated by this myself - i was looking forward to it on my moto x as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

I recall seeing somewhere that the API is included in Lollipop but then the phone vendors (e.g., Samsung) have work on their end to make the functionality available in their devices for apps to work with. Low-level drivers for interfacing with the camera h/w, perhaps?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12