05-12-2015 12:15 AM
121 1234 ...
tools
    Terrible battery life on lollipop. Thirty percent down and SoT is less than an hour! Android system is always draining and my phone wakes up constantly. For the first week or so after I downloaded and installed lollipop, my battery was great. I installed the newest Att update and it's garbage. I've cleared cache partition as well. Not factory reseting because that would be a huge hassle. Would be nice to not have to charge my Note 4 like I did my iPhone! I lost a percent just typing this...blah.:thumbdown:
    Do... the... reset..
    ;-)

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-19-2015 03:51 PM
    My battery life is amazing, & I am on this thing all the time, & I use it as my primary Kindle reader in the evening, too.

And, I've been taking a lot of videos lately and uploading them to YouTube directly from the phone.

My battery life is still usually 35%to 40% in the evening after a heavy day of use and reading.

I just plug it in at night before I go to bed regardless of how low the battery is.

A lot of people are concerned about their battery life, are probably using the phone a lot more after installing lollipop, and they might even need to replace their batteries... Batteries do not last as long with very heavy users.

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-screenshot_2015-04-19-14-48-44.jpg  
    04-19-2015 03:57 PM
    Posted this in another thread.

Something important about reporting battery times and comparing. While I'm not doubting the knowledge of the battery readings, there is something I think people leave out.

So people are like "Omg I don't get 7 hours of screen on time! I only get 4!or 5!"

Remember, some people are only posting their screen on time. If I charge my phone to 100% and the unplug it and use it CONSTANTLY (checking Facebook, watching some youtube videos, texting, etc. Not letting the screen go off for longer than a few moments) I can get 6 or 7 hours or more of screen on time. BUT if you use your phone like a normal person, and it sits in standby for awhile, that time that it's in standby is still taking away from your screen on time. Which I think is why we see some people only reporting 5 hours or 4 hours. If you leave your phone alone for quote awhile, then use it a lot for quick bursts, remember that the time between use is still taking power and reducing your screen on time.

Again, I'm not saying there are people who don't get 6 or 7 hours of screen on time but how you use your phone is going to variably affect how much you get. Sometimes I think we forget this!

mumfoau likes this.
    04-19-2015 05:06 PM
    This thread along with similar others is interesting. Though for me, I'm totally ignorant in reading/understanding the charts/graphs. With that in mind, I wouldn't know if my battery and usage is efficient or not.
    04-19-2015 08:56 PM
    What's your total screen on time over that time frame as well as total uptime (can't tell from your screenshot)? So it's hard to gauge how that compares to heavy use (which equates to using the phone with the screen on for long durations or using an app that keeps the phone awake for a long time).
    What is the most meaningful way to measure that? Should I fully charge it and wait till the battery goes down and then take the reading or what?

04-19-2015 09:08 PM
    This thread along with similar others is interesting. Though for me, I'm totally ignorant in reading/understanding the charts/graphs. With that in mind, I wouldn't know if my battery and usage is efficient or not.
    While I don't consider myself a "heavy user" or a "road warrior," here's my battery use shot:

04-19-2015 09:58 PM
    I dont have a Note 4, I have a Note 2, but I carry a portable battery with me, with built in micro-usb cable, so worst case, I plug it in for a bit at work and I at least get a chunk of lost power back. Even if I was to carry a extra fully charged battery, when I get a Note 4, it will probably be in a Otterbox case, cause I'm paranoid like that, so popping off the case to change the battery=not happening easily.
    FSU30 likes this.
    04-19-2015 10:11 PM
    Yes, that would be the best way. Then for screen on time stats click on "Screen" under the battery graph (should list total screen on time). For total uptime not sure with the new Lollipop battery graph. Some carrier versions seem to state that directly under the battery graph while others do not. IMO that graph and battery stats are virtually worthless now compared to how it was reported in KitKat where it was very straight forward. The new graph/stats are more about trying to predict how much time you have left based on how you're using the phone.
    Is amazing how Google "fixes" things to make them better. I agree the battery stats are useless

04-19-2015 11:49 PM
    If you don't turn your mobile data or wifi on or just turn on only when you need it you will have a lot of %. I am always on either on wifi or on 3G. With heavy usage with 3.5 hours of screen on time and with no gaming my battery lasts for around 12 hours. After 12 hours the remaining % is around 10.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    04-20-2015 03:05 AM
    my screen time is about 4 hours ,then the battery from 100percent to 40percent
    04-20-2015 05:07 AM
    My battery life is for the most part great. At my job, it's tends to be crap because of poor reception but as long as I don't use it all day I'll have anywhere from 20-50% life when I get home. That's usually unplugged anywhere from 6-9 am depending on when I have to be at work. On an average day outside of work, I usually am down to about 40-50% before I go to bed, sometimes less. Just depends on how much I play around on my phone all day

I've had it for close to two months now and I definitely have been using the hell out of it lately. My ipad has become so slow I tend to use my phone much more these days, plus it's just a badass phone so it's hard to put it down
    04-20-2015 12:32 PM
    While I don't consider myself a "heavy user" or a "road warrior," here's my battery use shot:

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/a...psglt4isjz.jpg
    Standby time don't mean anything without screen on time.
    04-20-2015 01:48 PM
    Standby time don't mean anything without screen on time.
    That's what I mean. I have the foggiest idea on how to read these things.

04-20-2015 09:35 PM
    That's what I mean. I have the foggiest idea on how to read these things.

Click on the "screen" icon and it will show you the screen on time. This is what people are referring to.
    Neo_ii_Droid likes this.
    04-20-2015 10:43 PM
    Today, I uploaded 2 Youtube videos, have been streaming internet radio while connected to Bluetooth for over 2.5 hours, and emailed 30Mb of photos, had 3 hours of screen on time and I have 40% battery life left. Pretty good, I think!

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-screenshot_2015-04-20-21-49-03.jpg  
    04-20-2015 11:00 PM
    Click on the "screen" icon and it will show you the screen on time. This is what people are referring to.
    Ahhh, now I see. Let's see:

But still have no idea if my battery/cell phone is "efficient" for lack of a better word.

Whoa! How come so BIG the photo insert?
    04-20-2015 11:37 PM
    I get great battery life on FireKat v11x ROM. It's the best when I'm on WiFi and strong LTE signal like in this screen shot from a few weeks ago. Signal strength is HUGE though. When I'm in terrible coverage areas I can dip to as little as 5 hours SOT.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-uploadfromtaptalk1429589570042.jpg   Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-uploadfromtaptalk1429589607350.jpg  
    04-21-2015 12:15 AM
    I get great battery life on FireKat v11x ROM. It's the best when I'm on WiFi and strong LTE signal like in this screen shot from a few weeks ago. Signal strength is HUGE though. When I'm in terrible coverage areas I can dip to as little as 5 hours SOT.
    So you are rooted? That is impressive SOT.
    04-21-2015 01:14 AM
    Not bad I guess. I had foxfi running a majority of the time and streaming music.

04-22-2015 03:42 PM
    Terrible battery life on lollipop. Thirty percent down and SoT is less than an hour! Android system is always draining and my phone wakes up constantly. For the first week or so after I downloaded and installed lollipop, my battery was great. I installed the newest Att update and it's garbage. I've cleared cache partition as well. Not factory reseting because that would be a huge hassle. Would be nice to not have to charge my Note 4 like I did my iPhone! I lost a percent just typing this...blah.:thumbdown:
    I posted a thread about this a couple of days ago. I tried posting the link, but it won't let me since I don't have enough posts yet. lol Everything went fine after the 1st Lollipop update, but the 2nd AT&T one screwed with my battery. Like you, I also cleared cache partition, removed the battery, etc. I have to admit that my battery has gotten better in the last couple of days, but it still isn't as good as it was before the 2nd update. It seems to be okay on standby, but starts to go down when I am using it. Everything I have read says to do a factory reset, but like you said, it is a huge hassle and I would rather deal with it unless it gets a lot worse.
    04-22-2015 05:39 PM
    I'm usually in the 4 to 5 hour range. I was really expecting more. The standby time is what really shocks me, it's really not good, even with decent coverage or wifi. As you can see from my pic, the phone wakes up CONSTANTLY. I have tried troubleshooting most apps and even turning sync off completely, but even if I do all that, it still wakes more than my wifes note 3.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-1430194232148.jpg   Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-1430194258778.jpg  
    04-28-2015 12:13 AM
    Oh you have something waking a lot.

You should try Greenify. If you use a fingerprint lock, turn that off before turning on the experimental features. After you turn all that on, you can set the lock screen back to fingerprint. Have it add a hibernate shortcut to your home screen. I picked several things to hibernate and it does it automatically and I can also hit that icon to hibernate them. It helps a lot. It works better with root, but works well without root.
    04-28-2015 01:22 AM
    Also is your WiFi scanning tuned off in advanced settings in WiFi?
    04-28-2015 01:23 AM
    Yeah I wish I had the ability to root... vzw Note 4. I'll try greenify, but if I hibernate will I still get notifications of emails and texts? I like having Google Now on and I know I could help the battery a few %, but if I can remove these wake locks I think I'll be good to go.
    04-28-2015 08:08 AM
    Yeah I wish I had the ability to root... vzw Note 4. I'll try greenify, but if I hibernate will I still get notifications of emails and texts? I like having Google Now on and I know I could help the battery a few %, but if I can remove these wake locks I think I'll be good to go.
    Yeah, you pick what to Greenify also, so you can exclude Google Now. One thing I have noticed in the battery stats, under data and apps, apps I have disabled are still running in the background .

Also with my S5 I turned the WiFi scanning off, and told it to turn off when the phone was sleeping. It was waking my phone constantly.
    04-28-2015 11:12 AM
121 1234 ...