05-12-2015 12:15 AM
121 12345
tools
    I'm pretty heavy. I get 12-15 hours. I've found leaving my gps on seems to help. I guess the apps looking for my location don't have to use so much battery to locate me?

But my wifi is off, because I am trying to avoid the lollipop update.
    04-28-2015 11:17 AM
    See how little mine is waking? Also I just got my Note 4 Sunday and really don't have things running like I want yet. I'm very familiar with the Note series, it had every one and went to an S5 for the last 6 months.

I also have a breaking news app and a weather app that I do not Greenify, because I want to make sure those notifications come through. They do and my phone still isn't waking a ton.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-1430234264280.jpg  
    04-28-2015 11:17 AM
    See how little mine is waking? Also I just got my Note 4 Sunday and really don't have things running like I want yet. I'm very familiar with the Note series, it had every one and went to an S5 for the last 6 months.

I also have a breaking news app and a weather app that I do not Greenify, because I want to make sure those notifications come through. They do and my phone still isn't waking a ton.
    I would love to have this kind of wake time... I'll play with greenify and see what happens. Are you rooted?
    04-28-2015 12:39 PM
    I would love to have this kind of wake time... I'll play with greenify and see what happens. Are you rooted?
    No not rooted, the AT&T update has a locked bootloader they haven't cracked yet.
    04-28-2015 01:47 PM
    Just checked mine again, been on my phone quite a bit today. I still have something making my WiFi wake up that I have to hunt down. I just switched back to the Note series two days ago, but my battery is settling down better.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-1430243523937.jpg  
    04-28-2015 01:52 PM
    Tried greenify today, didn't seem to notice any differences. If anything, I'd say it's worse. Wifi is set to turn off during sleep and not allow scanning, but seems all the wake locks keep it up the whole time.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-1430269172560.jpg   Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-1430269182851.jpg   Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-1430269195159.jpg  
    04-28-2015 09:01 PM
    It might be your locating services doing it. Some settings allow apps to send location info to Google even when your phone is asleep. I stick to GPS only or power save mode for my locating service.

And the second screenshot I have, you don't have that option checked?
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-1430270575031.jpg   Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-1430270590368.jpg  
    04-28-2015 09:23 PM
    i have note 4 n910c .. it really is a beast. battery lasts 7 hrs of heavy use
    04-28-2015 09:42 PM
    It might be your locating services doing it. Some settings allow apps to send location info to Google even when your phone is asleep. I stick to GPS only or power save mode for my locating service.

And the second screenshot I have, you don't have that option checked?
    Power saver location uses wifi only and GPS uses GPS only, right? I'm on high accuracy right now, I'll try power saver tomorrow (except during my run).

You are correct that I do not have have that option checked. I turned it off awhile ago hoping it'd turn give me more battery but it did not. Thank goodness this battery is a beast, otherwise I would've bean empty at noon!
    04-28-2015 10:25 PM
    Has anyone heard of S health causing it? That's about the only Samsung app I use and one of the few I haven't troubleshot because I don't want to give up the pedometer. This issue has followed me through 2 Note 4s (replaced one) and many, many factory resets. Even sync off doesn't fix the issue.
    04-28-2015 10:28 PM
    Has anyone heard of S health causing it? That's about the only Samsung app I use and one of the few I haven't troubleshot because I don't want to give up the pedometer. This issue has followed me through 2 Note 4s (replaced one) and many, many factory resets. Even sync off doesn't fix the issue.
    I have S Health disabled. I use Google Now but don't have much on it.

Yeah power saving is WiFi and GPS. I never turn my WiFi off, I had the same issue as you with my S5. I thought at first there was a bug and the WiFi line never showed it off. I finally tracked down the app doing it, but don't remember what it was.

Also do you have a Samsung account that is syncing anything? It might take running through all the apps showing up in "apps" and "data" in the battery graph. You have something that is reporting your location a lot or syncing a lot.

Also, I remember reading this, you can go to your Google settings and delete location history. That and using less than high accuracy for location, can help. I also deleted location history, but I don't even want a location history, don't know if you do through.
    04-29-2015 12:21 AM
    This is the kind of stuff that irritates me about Android. With either KitKat or one of the KK updates, you had to have root to use a wakelock app. There is a very good free one written by a Dev on xda and it will track down every kind of wakelock you have. I had my S5 rooted and used it on there and that is how I tracked down my issue.
    mumfoau likes this.
    04-29-2015 12:26 AM
    I did too on my note 3
    04-29-2015 08:29 AM
    I'm trying to find out my battery issues as well. Just last night while on airplane mode, I lost 13 % overnight without touching the phone. Is that normal?
    04-29-2015 09:53 AM
    I'm trying to find out my battery issues as well. Just last night while on airplane mode, I lost 13 % overnight without touching the phone. Is that normal?
    No, there's something wrong/going on
    04-29-2015 02:10 PM
    I did too on my note 3
    I think you should first try deleting the location history in the Google settings. If that doesn't work, try turning off Google Now for a day or two and see if that makes a difference and how much.

I still think an app is reporting location info to Google. The thing with that, sometimes it is obvious, like a location based app such as Google Now, but many times it is something you don't realize, like some Note app or game that has ZERO to do with location. You can only start with the obvious ones though to weed out.

I never turn off my WiFi or GPS on my phone and I don't have all those walelocks, but I've gotten several location based apps under control.
    04-29-2015 02:36 PM
    I think you should first try deleting the location history in the Google settings. If that doesn't work, try turning off Google Now for a day or two and see if that makes a difference and how much.

I still think an app is reporting location info to Google. The thing with that, sometimes it is obvious, like a location based app such as Google Now, but many times it is something you don't realize, like some Note app or game that has ZERO to do with location. You can only start with the obvious ones though to weed out.

I never turn off my WiFi or GPS on my phone and I don't have all those walelocks, but I've gotten several location based apps under control.
    Under battery stats it doesn't show Location being accessed much. Does that bar show GPS access only?
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-1430341416421.jpg  
    04-29-2015 05:03 PM
    Under battery stats it doesn't show Location being accessed much. Does that bar show GPS access only?
    I think it has to be showing less than what is being used. I have one app that access every hour at minimum, every two minutes during certain weather. It isn't showing all my access at all on thst graph.
    04-29-2015 05:32 PM
    I think I fit in the heavy category. I would like to know what the rest of you heavy users battery is like. Lol I wake up around 630 am and I probably would be close to having a dead battery by 3pm then by 8 or 9pm. It is almost 1am and I have 53%. I have more than one battery so I don't have to worry about charging it but I just wonder what everyone elses life is like.

I put every phone to the test.

Posted via the Android Central App
    About 6 hours Screen on time.
    04-29-2015 06:09 PM
    I'm lucky to get 4 hrs sot. My iPhone 6plus kills this phone in battery. Still tweaking settings until I give up on it.
    04-29-2015 07:38 PM
    I average about 4.5 hours of SOT on mine. Around 12-15 hours of total usage. Rooted running a lollipop build.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-29-2015 07:55 PM
    There is a way to use the Wakelock Detector on unrooted Note 4, and I verified it works with Lollipop! The description of wakelock detector says: If not rooted, this alternative solution might help: https://docs.google.com/presentation...esent?ueb=true

That URL is a pwr point that talks you through the process. I did it to my phone and got all kinds of data I'll post eventually. I know this thread has kinda been hijacked from the original purpose, but I think people will like having the link above. I'll look for a different thread or start a new one with specifics on my battery issues in hopes others find it useful.
    04-29-2015 11:52 PM
    There is a way to use the Wakelock Detector on unrooted Note 4, and I verified it works with Lollipop! The description of wakelock detector says: If not rooted, this alternative solution might help: https://docs.google.com/presentation...esent?ueb=true

That URL is a pwr point that talks you through the process. I did it to my phone and got all kinds of data I'll post eventually. I know this thread has kinda been hijacked from the original purpose, but I think people will like having the link above. I'll look for a different thread or start a new one with specifics on my battery issues in hopes others find it useful.
    Oh this isn't a highjack, this info is good for this thread.

I'll check this out, thanks!

OK, just looked through that. It is great we can get it to work again, it is absurd we have to go through all that. You would think they would want us to be happy with our phone's performance and that just gives info, it doesn't do anything.
    04-30-2015 12:00 AM
    Here is what wakelock detector gave me last night. Today I tried disabling Google App and I archived all my hangout chats (hangouts does my sms too) because I read somewhere that can cause it to use a lot of battery.

Unfortunately it didn't seem to help as my wakelocks are still plentiful. I'll try to check WLD later to see what it was this time. I did notice the actual location line showed up more now.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-1430444204221.jpg   Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-1430444239107.jpg  
    04-30-2015 09:37 PM
    Here is what wakelock detector gave me last night. Today I tried disabling Google App and I archived all my hangout chats (hangouts does my sms too) because I read somewhere that can cause it to use a lot of battery.

Unfortunately it didn't seem to help as my wakelocks are still plentiful. I'll try to check WLD later to see what it was this time. I did notice the actual location line showed up more now.
    I suggest that you disable DT Ignite right NOW. It may or may not be the source of your issue, but it is bloatware whose purpose is to load more bloatware. Get rid of it.
    04-30-2015 10:45 PM
121 12345