05-12-2015 12:15 AM
121 ... 345
tools
    Wake lock detector.

Another note, last night I turned off wifi, bt, nfc, location, and put on power savings mode. My battery drained like 2%. I think it's a combo of the battery saver and the location services being off
    I don't turn off my location, in fact I have it on high accuracy right now. I also don't turn off my WiFi, but have it not to sleep.

Now something weird happened two days ago. My phone switched to EDGE data and wouldn't even get 4G data or connect to my Microcell.

They just switched out my phone and I updated my phone without being logged in and the logged in and download my apps. Something has completely cleared out any wake issues for me. That first night, I went to bed with it at 100% and woke up with it at 100%.

I took it off the charge at 2 am last night, it is 11:17 now. This is my battery now. I've been on my phone constantly for the last hour and 15 mins.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-1431015463397.jpg   Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-1431015571874.jpg  
    05-07-2015 12:19 PM
    Wow...goes yellow pretty low I see. Reckon it goes red at 10%? I've never let mine get that low so I'm not sure at all.
    I don't remember when it goes red. I was on 4% the other night and it was red. I think I noticed it red at 7% but don't know when it turned.
    05-07-2015 12:24 PM
    And with this new phone, my battery is doing great. I'm going on 18 hours on battery and 6.5 hours screen time. I keep my brightness turned down way low and it is still very bright. Turning the brightness down helps a lot with the battery.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-1431045914320.jpg   Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-1431045926942.jpg   Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-1431045940511.jpg  
    05-07-2015 08:46 PM
    I go into the darkest room in the house (master closet) and turn the brightness to zero with auto brightness off. Then I switch it on. Likely not correct but that's the way I calibrated my iPhone brightness.
    05-07-2015 09:42 PM
    I never use auto brightness. Many of us long time Samsung users discovered it really doesn't work well and just turning it down low is still bright and you get more screen time.

I went 19 hours of battery today and 7.5 hours screen time.
    05-07-2015 09:46 PM
    I never use auto brightness. Many of us long time Samsung users discovered it really doesn't work well and just turning it down low is still bright and you get more screen time.

I went 19 hours of battery today and 7.5 hours screen time.
    Interesting indeed...
    05-07-2015 09:56 PM
    I just have a theory that it changing up and down, really makes it too bright many times. That changing it up and down automatically uses more battery. That is just my theory, I don't have anything to back that up that I have read.

Mine stays low all the time, I turn it up when in the car during the day or outside and back down inside. I used to keep it full bright and it seemed to be better on the battery than auto brightness. The Note 4 is so bright though, you can keep it really, really low and it is fine for anything but bright sunny outside.
    05-07-2015 10:03 PM
    I don't turn off my location, in fact I have it on high accuracy right now. I also don't turn off my WiFi, but have it not to sleep.
    It looks like your wifi does sleep when not in use. I'll have to double check mine. Do you let it scan when wifi is off? I'd love to get that 7 hours of screen time. Better yet, I'd like 2 full days without a charge.
    05-07-2015 11:11 PM
    It looks like your wifi does sleep when not in use. I'll have to double check mine. Do you let it scan when wifi is off? I'd love to get that 7 hours of screen time. Better yet, I'd like 2 full days without a charge.
    That was a typo, I have to to always turn off when phone is sleeping and to not scan.
    05-07-2015 11:49 PM
    I have nothing checked in advanced under WiFi.

Also turning off that location history is a big thing, but using Google Now, you might want that on.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-1431057050483.jpg  
    05-07-2015 11:50 PM
    I have nothing checked in advanced under WiFi.

Also turning off that location history is a big thing, but using Google Now, you might want that on.
    So I take it you have location history turned off and don't use Google Now at all?
    05-08-2015 01:35 PM
    So I take it you have location history turned off and don't use Google Now at all?
    I have location history off and use Google Now some, but not really for anything location based.
    05-08-2015 01:47 PM
    I have location history off and use Google Now some, but not really for anything location based.
    Do you use Google Wallet? Hangouts much or for SMS?

A little over 3 hours SoT and Google Location history was off. Google Services, Android OS and android system are by far the top 3 users. I must have apps waking the phone that I can't find.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-1431142539505.jpg  
    05-08-2015 11:38 PM

A little over 3 hours SoT and Google Location history was off. Google Services, Android OS and android system are by far the top 3 users. I must have apps waking the phone that I can't find.
    Don't use Hangouts, but use Google Wallet.

You might need a reset from recovery mode.

You have a lot waking, bit even counting the WiFi.

Do you have many games on the phone?

Your waking in the worst I have seen in a while. If I sync'd everything, constantly, I wouldn't have those kinds of wakes.

Run wakelock, post screenshots of the wakelock apps and the kernel wakelocks, let me go through your list.
    05-08-2015 11:50 PM

Looking at that one screenshot, you have some with an important issue. The length of the wakelock is more important that the number of times.

I have Google Music disabled. Google Music on yours has some long wakelocks.
    05-08-2015 11:54 PM
    Do you guys use adaptive fast charging every time you charge up?
    05-09-2015 08:21 AM
    Recently yeah. But typically I had been using a wireless charger
    mumfoau likes this.
    05-09-2015 09:20 AM
    I use it every time.
    mumfoau likes this.
    05-09-2015 09:39 AM
    I was using it every time but I now have an extra battery charging kit that I received last week so I use that to charge my battery and then simply swap the battery when it's low.
    mumfoau likes this.
    05-09-2015 09:42 AM
    Well I have something set right, because my phone is going into deep sleep. I'm still using Greenify.

My Facebook notifications credit through (as you see at the top) and I hibernate it.

My phone slept so well it thinks now, I have 7 days left on battery. It only dropped 3 percent in 6.5 hours.

I'm trying to think of anything I have done differently when I set it up the other day.

The only thing I did differently, was not add all the screens, I added all but two.

I didn't use maybe two widgets that I used in the past, but I still have the apps. I did disable a lot of Google Apps though.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-1431179441695.jpg   Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?-1431179462881.jpg  
    05-09-2015 09:51 AM
    I usually get around 5.5 hours of SOT (running lollipop). 4+ hours if I'm constantly on my phone 👍

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-12-2015 12:15 AM
121 ... 345