Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Here's an excerpt:

A company called Digital Turbine has a new service – called Ignite — for Android handsets that allows a carrier to install apps on customers’ smartphones “for more advertising revenue” whenever it wishes. In other words, carriers can now push garbage apps onto their users handsets to make a few bucks here and there whether the user wants it or not, and it seems as if the practice is perfectly legal.

From this Forbes article: Carriers Can Now Install Apps On Android Handsets Without Customers' Permission

Neo, you've been very helpful. thanks!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I disabled DT Ignite so we will see how tomorrow goes. I noticed today my phone had fewer wakes from Hangouts by a lot, but Google Wallet jumped up to over 900x and Vzw location services were pinged exactly 199x - what's interesting is that Samsung Push services were also exactly 199x.

Those numbers aren't huge, check the partial wakelocks also.

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I normally get about 4.5 to 5.5 hours SOT in a day and charge before I go to bed with about 10% left. However...

2 days ago something magical happened and I don't know how. I got almost 8 hours SOT with heavy usage like always and brightness on auto as always. I was shocked and delighted. Then, this weekend I had work for 10 hours each day so my usage was scattered but still heavy at night when I had time.

For the first time in my life I actually went to bed without charging my phone. 100% on Saturday morning, 44% on Saturday night, 40% Sunday morning, and now at 12% on Sunday night. SOT has currently passed 7 hours.

I don't know where this energy boost came from but I love it. I've had my phone for 3 months and have been a heavy user since day 1.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is good but I'd like to figure out why this think wakes up so much with the screen off. GSAM used to be good for that type of thing but now you need root for the good stats. Haha

I have a photo but every time I try to attach via Tapatalk it FCs. I'll upload when I get to a computer. Hours of the screen being off whilst I slept but so many wakes...

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is good but I'd like to figure out why this think wakes up so much with the screen off. GSAM used to be good for that type of thing but now you need root for the good stats. Haha

I have a photo but every time I try to attach via Tapatalk it FCs. I'll upload when I get to a computer. Hours of the screen being off whilst I slept but so many wakes...

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

The android central app works pretty well.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Nice! Guess I'll be using the dedicated app going forward!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-03-07-10-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-03-07-10-09.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 78

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I use my phone ALL DAY from around 7am til around 7pm. I have my GPS on high accuracy, email is set to push, I use Google maps all day as I drive a lot. I listen to Spotify all day, LG Tone Infinim hooked up via bluetooth. Down time in watch a little Time Warner on demand or youtube. And when I get home I have 22% battery life. Yesterday for example I had 7.2 hours of SoT. This phone is the greatest peice of technology ever created. I was at best buy last night and the mobile phone guys were all flashing their new S6's. Apart from the fact that I asked them what size SD card did they have, then proceeded to laugh, I held one of their phones against mine to show that the ENTIRE s6 fits on the actual note 4 screen not including the bezels. Then proceeded to get a phone call mid conversation with them, and took out my spen to take some notes while on the call, then ended the call. Then went to my call logs to show them that the action memo I took while on that call was attached to the call in the call log. Bottom line....Battery, build, features, speed, power. You absolutely CAN NOT do better than the note 4.

fbcltd

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I must be doing something wrong because I am typically down to 50% by lunchtime and I usually can't get home by 6 without charging it.

Posted via the Android Central App

sorry...factory reset required...then you will be like the rest of us

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Chris Beaudoin said:
I use my phone ALL DAY from around 7am til around 7pm . . . Bottom line....Battery, build, features, speed, power. You absolutely CAN NOT do better than the note 4.
And on that Note.
ShakaBrah.gif

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
There is a way to use the Wakelock Detector on unrooted Note 4, and I verified it works with Lollipop! The description of wakelock detector says: If not rooted, this alternative solution might help: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1r3VlhZIZVSufZlAeICJet6QBtyAF7z06_ysl1kUKME4/present?ueb=true

That URL is a pwr point that talks you through the process. I did it to my phone and got all kinds of data I'll post eventually. I know this thread has kinda been hijacked from the original purpose, but I think people will like having the link above. I'll look for a different thread or start a new one with specifics on my battery issues in hopes others find it useful.

Guess I'll be doing this after work today. Gotta keep this thing from waking up for no reason and having background sync in Accounts "off" for all accounts isn't helping.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Went through that powerpoint and still wakelock detector doesn't give me detailed info on wakelocks.

I was able to get it to work several times. Here is my recent data. Unfortunately, even after a factory reset and before many apps, my phone is waking constantly. I think it must be some weird glitch. Wish I had root.

Attachments

• 1430865978185.jpg
    1430865978185.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 34

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
After doing a hard reset after lolipop and AT&T sent out their update. I'm getting 14-17 hours of battery life on a moderate to heavy use on average. Max brightness logged out of FB, no wifi no bluetooth. Before doing a hard reset was terrible battery life barely making it 8-9 hours.

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I was able to get it to work several times. Here is my recent data. Unfortunately, even after a factory reset and before many apps, my phone is waking constantly. I think it must be some weird glitch. Wish I had root.
Just curious here; what "app" is that/this?

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Just curious here; what "app" is that/this?

Wake lock detector.

Another note, last night I turned off wifi, bt, nfc, location, and put on power savings mode. My battery drained like 2%. I think it's a combo of the battery saver and the location services being off

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Heavy user? Indeed. I have NEVER gotten that kind of SoT with stock battery. Not even new. The best I've had is 12 hours SoT with the Zerolemon 10,000. And that killed the battery. I use extended batteries in all of my phones because I can't deal with 6-8 hours of battery life.

I am on 4G all day everyday since I have unlimited via Sprint. My wifi is Sprint OTA so I save that for the laptop. That being said, I have not done a factory reset, I'm gearing up for that trauma. Right now I'm using a Hyperion 8000 and can deal with that size and performance. The 10,000 is too much to lug around on a daily basis. 😊

via The Note 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21