Missing Icon

Biker Dude

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Somehow my wife made my contacts icon disappear and I have no idea how to get it back on the screen. Also, can I make new icons for other app's?

Biker Dude

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
The app icon is not in the 'app's' either. It says 'Contacts' on both the home screen and in the app's but with no icon above it. It's so weird.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Are your contacts backed up? If so, go to Settings >Applications >Application Manager>All. Then scroll down to Contacts. Tap on it then tap on disable. Wait till it finishes then enable. That should bring your icon back.
You asked about changing icons. If you are using Nova Launcher, download Moonshine Icon Pack from the Play Store. There are dozens of icons there to change out with original ones. As far as I know you can't change icons on the built in Launcher. With Moonshine you press on the icon you want to edit. You'll get a pop up option to edit, remove, uninstall. Tap on edit. A new pop up will appear. You can now change the name and if you press and hold the icon it will take you to all the available icons on you phone. Just choose which one you want then tap the check mark on the pop up and you're done. Also with Moonshine you can select a new calendar icon and the date will change daily instead of it always showing the 31. Nice little feature. Developer very good responsive to questions.
Hope this helps.

Posted via Android Central App

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Glad it worked. I had same issue with a different app. I don't know why it works but it does. I think you'll really enjoy Nova Launcher. You can really customize. It takes a little time to get all your icons, wallpapers, homescreens setup but it's worth it. It's not hard, there are just so many options you'll keep fine tuning.

Posted via Android Central App

barrettdaniel

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
You can change your icons without using a launcher, too. There are a couple apps I've heard of, ThemeX and Awesome Icons. I haven't used ThemeX so I'm not sure how difficult it is to use, but I've used Awesome Icons and it's not that hard. It basically allows you do download Icon packs from the Google Play store and then you just replace the icon with one of your liking that you've downloaded. The only thing I hated about changing icons is that I had a lot of difficulty finding icon packs that worked with 100 percent of my apps, there were always a couple apps that the icon pack didn't have icons for and that bugged me.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I saw this post from someone else on another site. This might help someone:

To people missing icons after update. I have noticed that the Keeper app causes app icons to disappear. Try disabling it, then restarting.

Last edited:

Mike McLaughlin1

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I have Samsung galaxy s7 and the CNN for Samsung keeps disappearing daily. It doesn't show up in all app's or in app manager but when I look in the galaxy app's it shows its installed and has a open option. Selecting it, opens the standard version of CNN. I have found that I have to uninstall and reinstall. Then it works but it will again be gone in a matter of hours. (I find this very suspicious since It started after Trump called CNN fake news.) Anyway I saw someone mentioned Keeper may influence it. I'll check it out. To be continued...