I have a Galaxy Note 4. I'm a critical care paramedic, but not very tech savvy, so please answer as an "answer for dummies" (I'm a great medic . We have a new program for "paging out" personnel in specific instances. The app is called "Who's Responding". Everything seems to work fine except the "alert" tone on my device. It is supposed to be a "siren" like tone, which might well be part of the app itself, I don't know. All I get is the standard Verizon "ding", which doesn't do me much good in the middle of the night. When a "page" comes out it is VERY time sensitive, and it does me no good to find out at 8 am that a page came out at 4 am, or 7:45 am for that matter. The app does NOT have a feature under "Settings" that addresses the alert tone in any way. Somehow, it seems to work for everyone else so I wonder if I have somehow screwed something up in my initial phone setup, but I don't know what. I do not use different sounds for different contacts or apps, because I just don't get that many calls. However, I have another app, "Life Reminders" that I use as an alarm clock and can set for anytime in the future as well and it has a distinctive sound, as have a couple of other apps, so I know it is physically possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    04-19-2015 12:35 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! To be clear, when you checked Settings, were you looking in the System Settings, or did you open Who's Responding, tap Menu>Settings, and look there?
    04-20-2015 01:30 AM