WiFi and 4G LTE on at the same time?

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
On Note 4 with Verizon...Since the Lollipop update, we all know now that 4G LTE lights up along with Wifi..

My Concern is...And I am Convinced this is the case...Even though when I am connected to Wifi, 4G LTE is still being used. I just made a call on fb messenger app to my friend, talked for like 40 mins, entire time on Wifi, checked my Data usage 2hrs later and it went UP BY 30 MB!

This is absurd...is this really a BUG in Lollipop now from verizon? Verizon is recommending I turn off the Data everytime I am on Wifi, I tried setting up a tasker profile for it but it's not working for me!

Please any Suggestions appreciated!

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: OK....I am REALLY REALLY CONCERNED about this!

Oh man...that really bites! I just checked my data usage on T-Mobile for my S6 (for comparison purposes) and it's not using LTE when on WiFi. I'm sure because I downloaded a good bit of music today while on WiFi but it did not hit my data.

I'm on Lollipop 5.02. Not sure what version you're on or what Verizon could have done to affect it.

kami8586

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site

I have noticed this too, also on Verizon. Interesting

Posted via the Android Central App

Tatt2014

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site

Same here on Verizon, love lollipop update,but since I have installed it on my note 4,the data has almost doubled compared to what we usually use, we usually never go over 3 gb a month and with 2 days left before my 10 gb data allowance starts over we have used almost 6gb,just glad I have the 10gb plan. Good luck to all of us😯

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

I don't know if this works:

Settings>More networks>Mobile networks>Mobile data (uncheck the box)

Maybe it'll work?

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

Here's what pops up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-19-16-50-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-19-16-50-38.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 447

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

On Note 4 with Verizon...Since the Lollipop update, we all know now that 4G LTE lights up along with Wifi..

My Concern is...And I am Convinced this is the case...Even though when I am connected to Wifi, 4G LTE is still being used. I just made a call on fb messenger app to my friend, talked for like 40 mins, entire time on Wifi, checked my Data usage 2hrs later and it went UP BY 30 MB!

This is absurd...is this really a BUG in Lollipop now from verizon? Verizon is recommending I turn off the Data everytime I am on Wifi, I tried setting up a tasker profile for it but it's not working for me!

Please any Suggestions appreciated!

Are you using download Booster? If so, then it is functioning as designed and as intended. But you can turn that off in settings pull down menu

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Are you using download Booster? If so, then it is functioning as designed and as intended. But you can turn that off in settings pull down menu

Here's a screenshot, just make sure download Booster is off

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-19-19-48-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-19-19-48-11.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 414

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Facebook app inexplicably used almost half a gig in like 4 days. I disabled it.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

I contacted Samsung and they said the Same thing...turn off the Download Booster...and tht I have never touched that thing honestly, so it's been off the whole time!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

I don't know if this works:

Settings>More networks>Mobile networks>Mobile data (uncheck the box)

Maybe it'll work?

basically wht u r suggesting to switch off data when I am connected to Wifi...and tht's wht verizon told me too..I guess tht's the only way out. But as i said, it's a pain to turn it off and on especially if you leave your wifi zone like 20 times a day...tht's why I designed a tasker profile to do it automatically for me, but it doesn't seem to work!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

Facebook app inexplicably used almost half a gig in like 4 days. I disabled it.

So u are saying I just flat out disable the FB and the FB messenger app??
tht way I won't be able to get any notification from any of those apps though..I don't like tht.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

Can anyone think of a Tasker profile to turn this Data off when u r on Wifi..and turn it back on When u leave the Wifi...I have tried, and honestly it's a Simple profile to set up, but It fricking doesn't work for me!! ugh..

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

Oh man...that really bites! I just checked my data usage on T-Mobile for my S6 (for comparison purposes) and it's not using LTE when on WiFi. I'm sure because I downloaded a good bit of music today while on WiFi but it did not hit my data.

I'm on Lollipop 5.02. Not sure what version you're on or what Verizon could have done to affect it.

I am with 5.0.1 WIth verizon..

For your use, check about 2 hrs after your activity..the thing is the usage doesn't reflect right after your activity..when I made tht call with FB, i checked right away, no change in Usage...2 hrs after, and I know i didn't do anything tht would use 30 MB of data, and I see that my usage climbed up by 30 MB...all i can think of is tht FB call...During the entire call, I was keeping an eye on the 4G icon and I saw it was lighting up...Even though as I mentioned I was on Wifi during the entire call!

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

I would not know how to read this for mine.

Screenshot_2015-04-19-18-38-43_zpsob3x5fs7.jpg

Screenshot_2015-04-19-18-39-01_zps4s9oa9il.jpg

By the way, I too am on VZW with the Lollipop update.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

I'm on Verizon and have the 4G icon lit all the time on WiFi and notice no data usage. the arrows only light up when I receive a call or text.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

I've been noticing the same thing. I've been on WiFi all day and apparently it's eating my data thank goodness I have a 10gig plan

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

I'm on Verizon and have the 4G icon lit all the time on WiFi and notice no data usage. the arrows only light up when I receive a call or text.

Hmm...I don't know wht to make of it..Some ppl are reporting here that it's not effecting them, while others are reporting tht they, like me, have seen an increase in their data usage!

I guess I can only point this to a app specific problem then? may be that Fb messenger app was using Data all tht time I was on the call even though I was connected to Wifi ??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital