WiFi and 4G LTE on at the same time?

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: OK....I am REALLY REALLY CONCERNED about this!

I have not experienced this issues. I did a factory reset three days after the Lollipop update. I would suggest anyone who is having problems do a factory reset. If it doesn't help than use your warranty insurance and replace the phone.

So you are saying for you when you are on Wi-fi, the 4G LTE doesn't light up?

For factory reset...how did you take a back up? Helium backup? problem is i have some apps I can't take a back up for some reason, and i loose all tht app data!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

I read on another post something that might be appropriate to add here... Have you turned on advanced calling? On another post where someone was using a lot of data, supposedly Verizon told them that it was part of Smart Switch. so this person also had advanced calling turned on. Advanced calling does use some data while you are on a phone call, apparently. And, in something that might be a bug, I'm wondering if that is happening all the time. if you can, if you have advanced calling turned on, turn it off and see if your problem goes away. I would be very interested to know the answer to that. I'm sure a lot of other people would be very interested.

Posted via the Android Central App

Advanced calling turn off, restarted the phone...4G LTE still lights up with Wi-fi..Will monitor Data use now!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

By the way...i checked my Data usage with Verizon app, it says 60% is from "apps"...when i clicked on it, 39% of that 60% data used by the apps is from "news"!! What the heck is that supposed to mean? that some news app is using up all my data?

Salidmora

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site

Hi,
I bought a SM-910C model recently.
I noticed that I dont have an option for using LTE, just WCDMA and GSM.Screenshot_2015-04-27-00-27-53.jpg

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S6 on Verizon that does this too. Uses both WiFi and 4G at the same time

Posted via the Android Central App

v8440

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

Could it be that this is a way for them to counteract the amount of wifi data that they don't get to charge for? Make the phone partly use the 4g connection, tell the public it's for faster data transfer, or to keep speeds more constant, and rake in the money?

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site

Hmm...I don't know wht to make of it..Some ppl are reporting here that it's not effecting them, while others are reporting tht they, like me, have seen an increase in their data usage!

I guess I can only point this to a app specific problem then? may be that Fb messenger app was using Data all tht time I was on the call even though I was connected to Wifi ??
I'm on Verizon but my phone doesn't use data while WiFi is on. As far as Facebook is concerned, by default the app sets to automatically play videos. It will usually reset to automatically play videos when installing updates. Check your settings as this can use a lot of data.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: I had this issue on my Verizon GS6, both WiFi and 4G on at the same time. However, with the new update today for WiFi calling, this issue seems to be resolved. When I'm on WiFi now, the 4G symbol is grayed out. Hopefully this stays like this and was actually fixed.

Sharon Jewel

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I am having this problem with my S6/edge. I turned off my Download Booster as directed and both networks still appear on my screen. I also used more data in 2 days than I usually do in 1 month, because I mostly use wireless. Turning off the download booster didn't do a thing to fix this problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol