I'm looking for the way to disable lock screen when i'm home, some way that use cellular antenna or NFC i guess GPS based are more power consumption methods

i have a Note 4 with kit kat, hope that soon will get lollipop

if is not possible to disable screen lock ( i use finger print method ) i could just disable lock with power button

i'm not rooted

i tried with tasker, i could find how to check if i'm connect to my home antenna but i could not find how to disable lock

same with llama disable lock didn't seem to work and i could not found how to disable lock with power button, not sure is possible

i know what is NFC but never digged on how to use to switch to a different set of settings, and i'm not sure lock screen is something it can be changed
    04-20-2015 07:56 AM
    How about the Smart Lock feature that is part of Lollipop? The location-based Smart Lock is best used with GPS, so if you don't want to use it, then you could use the Bluetooth-based Smart Lock. Associate the phone with various Bluetooth devices in your house (like your computer or Bluetooth speakers) and make them all Trusted Devices. If you're near one of them and the phone is connected to them, then the phone won't lock.
    How about the Smart Lock feature that is part of Lollipop? The location-based Smart Lock is best used with GPS, so if you don't want to use it, then you could use the Bluetooth-based Smart Lock. Associate the phone with various Bluetooth devices in your house (like your computer or Bluetooth speakers) and make them all Trusted Devices. If you're near one of them and the phone is connected to them, then the phone won't lock.
    04-20-2015 12:08 PM
    actually a was on kit kat but lollipop update is just release today :-)
    smart lock does it work with cellular antennas and GPS turned off? does it drain the battery?
    04-21-2015 02:28 AM
    Smart Lock does work with wi-fi/mobile data location (and GPS off), but the problem is that your location might be off by quite a bit using that method (depending on the concentration of cell towers in your area and the accuracy of your wi-fi location). So if you have Home as a Trusted Location and you're at home, your phone might not actually locate you accurately at home, and therefore won't keep the phone unlocked.

I've never tried it with GPS on, so I don't know how much battery it would use in that situation. I have a couple of Trusted Devices set up via Bluetooth (my Chromebooks and my Pebble Steel), so it's usually unlocked because of those.
    04-21-2015 10:29 AM
    If you have an Android Wear watch (I'm using the first LG watch), you can set it as a trusted device. That let's you skip having to enter your PIN, draw your security pattern, etc. if your watch is in range. I live in a two story condo and my phone detects my watch no matter what part of the house I'm in.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-21-2015 04:56 PM
    yesterday it seemed to work with low accuracy GPS, but i also turned on GPS before switching to lower accuracy
    today it didn't unlock so i changed to GPS high accuracy and still did not work, after a reboot it unlocked
    note sure if this has something to do with Airlplane mode, i don't switch off my phone during the night but just set it to airplane mode

tomorrow i will try again
    04-22-2015 04:22 PM