I switched up my phoned plan to a non contract phone plan. Now I have a $25 a month fee for my subsidized S5 that I got last July. They said I am now also eligible to upgrade though, I regret getting the S5 last July and not getting the Note 4 then. I still want to take the step up to the Note family, but at this point should I upgrade to the Note 4 now? Or just wait a few months and wait until the Note 5 is announced and make my choice then on which Note to buy?
    04-20-2015 07:15 PM
    I would wait until Note 5 is out. Yes, it's still about 6 months out but you know if you get the Note 4 now, you are going to regret not waiting for Note 5 when it's out, am I right?

Now on the other hand, if money is not an issue, then get Note 4 now and upgrade to Note 5 later. Life is too short!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Dfresh30 likes this.
    04-20-2015 09:32 PM
    I would wait.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4
    Dfresh30 likes this.
    04-20-2015 09:39 PM
    I wouldn't wait. I never recommend someone wait unless it's a month or less away from the device being available.

Also, if you like the Note 4, no point in waiting for the Note 5. Take advantage of the removable battery and expandable storage while you can.

Dfresh30 likes this.
    04-20-2015 10:23 PM
    I purchased the Note 3 when it came out and the Note 4 when it came out because the added features spoke to me. I seldom use anything else (laptop or tablet) unless I have no choice. If the Note 5 comes out if it has enough to interest me I will purchase it. I purchase all my phones and tablets for full retail on day one. As the man says "life is too short to wait for what you want" and the man also says "no one is guaranteed a tomorrow".
    IMO If you want it, if it sings to you, grab it and have at it.
    Dfresh30 and LewLew23 like this.
    04-20-2015 10:49 PM
    Get the note 4. Who knows if Samsung will remove SD cards and removeable batteries on the note 5.
    Note 4 is an awesome phone.

Dfresh30 likes this.
    04-21-2015 01:08 AM
    If you're considering it and have the means to get it, why not
    I had my S5 for about 6 months before purchasing my N4, I paid the difference on my Next plan so I could switch and I feel it was well worth it. It was either a new phone or a new ipad and I seldom use it these days so I figured the Note 4 was a better investment.

It's an awesome phone/piece of technology, I'd say go for it. No doubt that the 5 is going to have some added features as all upgrades do, but the 4 is packed with enough features that I would say it's worth not waiting. I can see the Note 5 having the upgraded fingerprint sensor that the S6 got as well as the camera shortcut and maybe a more mild version of TW, but regardless you can always upgrade again
    Dfresh30 likes this.
    04-21-2015 01:53 AM
    It sounds as though you aren't pressed to upgrade. I like the note 4 it's a great device. If you like it and think you would be happy with it, take the leap. Even when the note 5 is released it isn't like the note 4 will be obsolete. However if you are the type that is always chasing spec or has to have the latest in devices then, I'd say hold tight until the note 5 launch..
    Dfresh30 likes this.
    04-21-2015 02:25 AM
    I just got a Note 4.

Simply due to the fact that they removed the SD Card/Battery in S6. Either way if Note 5 gives me reasons to upgrade i'll do it in a heart beat... Meanwhile really happy with note 4.
    Dfresh30 likes this.
    04-21-2015 04:56 AM
    Note 4 IMO is the best phone on the market. I don't long for any other phone. You could possibly use the note 4 and skip the 5 until the 6 comes out. That's how much of a beast these beauties are.
    Kage87Z and Dfresh30 like this.
    04-21-2015 06:56 AM
    I wanted to wait for the note 5 but decided to get one used. I found a mint one on swappa for $500. I would not use my upgrade.
    Dfresh30 likes this.
    04-21-2015 07:03 AM
    At this point i would wait and see what the note5 is going to be, if u dont like it the note4 is an awesome and the note5 is gonna have to really step up to top it. If the note5 turns out to be glass backed and gimmicky, then youll be able to find something u like.

Im just worried at this point the note5 will be more like the s6, and while the s6 is nice, the note5 needs to not be an "s6 plus" lol

Dfresh30 likes this.
    04-21-2015 07:12 AM
    My next phone will be the Note 6, or 7....or whichever Note has the next big OS update. For me, the 5 would have to have some drastic, blow me away changes to make it worth my while, and IMO, that just doesn't happen in the very next number.

Posted via the Android Central App on my AMAZING Note 4
    Dfresh30 likes this.
    04-21-2015 07:20 AM
    Thank you all for all the replies. They make my choice none the easier haha! I usually have kept my phones for 2 years on contracts and have been happy with that thus far (Palm pre -> EVO 4g -> Galaxy S3 -> Galaxy S5) But I'm ready for the real thing now. I've always had my own plan on the same contract, but now that I've switched and am off a contract, this $25 a month fee is bugging me and I don't think I'm going to enjoy paying it for 6 months for a phone that I already own outright. I'm now heavily leaning toward going with the Note 4 now, the only thing I'm now torn between is to lease or Easy Pay??? Why all these new choices!?!?
    04-21-2015 09:52 PM
    Thank you all for all the replies. They make my choice none the easier haha! I usually have kept my phones for 2 years on contracts and have been happy with that thus far (Palm pre -> EVO 4g -> Galaxy S3 -> Galaxy S5) But I'm ready for the real thing now. I've always had my own plan on the same contract, but now that I've switched and am off a contract, this $25 a month fee is bugging me and I don't think I'm going to enjoy paying it for 6 months for a phone that I already own outright. I'm now heavily leaning toward going with the Note 4 now, the only thing I'm now torn between is to lease or Easy Pay??? Why all these new choices!?!?
    I leased my note 4 with sprint. I leased since it had no taxes fees to pay and I don't usually upgrade each year since yearly updates are so small compared to two year updates with the galaxy s4 to the galaxy s6.

Easy pay let's you pay off your phone and upgrade early.
    But I don't care about upgrading every year so I leased my note 4.
    Hope this helps.

04-22-2015 01:05 AM
    With lease I pay $25 with my note 4 each month then at the end of the lease I send it back and can upgrade to the next new note out that year which for me will be February 2017.

04-22-2015 01:06 AM
    What's the difference between note 4 and note5

04-22-2015 03:28 AM
    What's the difference between note 4 and note5

No one knows yet. The note 5 hasnt had any info on it, we only talk about it because its logical that a note5 will be released later this fall.

As far as the note 5 having big improvements, hopefully the new exynos stuff will be in it, and surely the improved fingerprint scanner. But i DO NOT want a glass back or smaller battery like the s6.

If yhe new system in the s6 really does use less power, than keeping the screen and battery the same as the note4 would be awesome. I dont even care if the back is removable (although that and sdcard is a big selling point) i just dont want the darn thing glass and them trying to thin it up more!

04-22-2015 08:26 AM
    I personally think the Note 4 looks perfect design wise. I get a feeling the note 5 will have biggrt screen to body ratio a bit like how its happening between S4-S6.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
    04-22-2015 09:06 AM
    I love the way the note 4 looks, i hate covering up, but with my job it wouldnt last otherwise lol.

I hope they keep the note line pretty much as is design wise. But hey, they havent asked my opinion yet..

04-22-2015 09:38 AM
    If you get the Note 5, you will regret not waiting for the Note 6.

04-22-2015 09:51 AM
    If you get the Note 5, you will regret not waiting for the Note 6.

It's an endless vicious cycle! Hehehehe

Joe378 likes this.
    04-22-2015 07:38 PM
    It's like buying a car.

04-22-2015 08:31 PM