'Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" issues

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Soo....when I turned my phone on this morning I was greeted with this never ending popup. I tried everything mentioned in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-...-com-google-process-gapps-has-stopped-21.html

However, it just wont' go away. It's very annoying. It's accompanied by a alert notification that says "An repplication requires and update, requested by Google Play Services" or whatever. How in the hell do I get rid of this? It pops up like every 2 seconds....:-\

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I try downloading/updating Google Play, the download freezes at 39%. Reading the reviews, it looks like the recent update is causing similar problems for other users. Anyone else have any insight? The popup is really making my phone unusable.

GirlGeek2

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Same error for me as well, just this morning too.
I disabled google play services and it stopped (this was after an hour of deleting cache and data for all google applications, to no avail).
(and all that while the google.process.gapps msg appeared every 2 seconds).

Now I don't have the error msg, but also don't have mail. Stuck at this point because as soon as I reanable google services the msg returns. It has something to do w/syncing, so working on that and will report back.

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I think I found a fix...

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/tKrMhMhz1c8[1-25]

I still deal with a "Google Play Services has stopped working" pop-up every so often but it is much less annoying...

Which model of Note 4 do you have?

could you check google play services number from the application manager and post it here (the full long number). There is a big chance you installed google play services from third party store or you downloaded the wrong version for your device.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Soo....when I turned my phone on this morning I was greeted with this never ending popup. I tried everything mentioned in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-...-com-google-process-gapps-has-stopped-21.html

However, it just wont' go away. It's very annoying. It's accompanied by a alert notification that says "An repplication requires and update, requested by Google Play Services" or whatever. How in the hell do I get rid of this? It pops up like every 2 seconds....:-\

I just had this same situation happen on my Nexus 7. I cleared the cache partition and everything is fine now. Did you try that yet? There's a post that gives you step-by-step instructions on how to do that. If that doesn't fix it, you'll probably have to do a factory reset.

Posted via Android Central App

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Which model of Note 4 do you have?

could you check google play services number from the application manager and post it here (the full long number). There is a big chance you installed google play services from third party store or you downloaded the wrong version for your device.

I'll post it in a little bit, but I can say that I did not download it from a third party source. Pretty sure Google Play updated it automatically.

Rena2011

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I tried this, but now the error is appearing even more and its seriously annoying. I've even cleared the cache on all the apps in the Application Manager and restarted my Note 4 several times.

Weird thing is I didn't start having this problem until I restarted my phone this morning and now it won't stop.

Rena2011

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
A factory reset is the last resort I believe. I cleared the data and cache for Google Play Store and Google Play services and then disabled them both. After enabling them again and entering in my information again everything seems fine.

Richard Heming

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
This is what I did:

App Manager---All------Google Play Services----Manage Storage----Clear all Data

This has worked for me and I havent had a pop up in a few hours so I hope Im good to go

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem too. It began a couple of months after I upgraded lollipop 5.0.1 (from KitKat 4.4.4). Broight my N4 to a Samsung Centre and they did A factory reset, not only did it solve the popup problem, the factory reset seemed to have a positive effect on the battery life.

Posted via the Android Central App

Pankaj Hedau

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Buddy this helped.

I was facing the issue for Moto e2 after restarting, some upgradation happened. Not sure it was OS or something else.
Tried to reset the app preference but it didnt worked.

This was my second try to manage space for google service.

Thanks a lot

KyleKonflict

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site

I'm still getting the messages even after factory reset....wth -__-

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome